The reason why

School life
Please log in to read the full chapter

I didn't go to school the next day. I felt terrible. I looked terrible. I told my mom it was stomach ache and got to be home for today. I still heard the words fatty and foreigner running around in my head. I decided to sleep it away and go to school tomorrow. 

As I woke up on Thursday, I needed to get ready but I was in my lazy mode again and pulled on comfy clothes again. I washed my face to get the redness and puffiness on my cheeks away. When I decided I was good enough, I ate breakfast and went to school.

As I got closer to school, I got nervous and scared. What if everyone thinks that about me. I tried to sneak in but that was a failed mission as Amber and Seunghyun saw me.

My face paled and I ran away from them. It wasn't their fault for this to happen, but as I ran, I felt a pair of arms stopping me from going further. I looked up and saw Heechul looking worried at me.

"Seunghyun didn't spill, so tell me what happened." He asked me, sounding pretty angry. Amber and Seunghyun came up to us too. Amber saw the look on my face. 

"Oppa. Two days ago, some guys flirted with us, but Fay asked them to stop and leave us alone. They snapped at her and called her fatty and a ing foreigner." Amber said with anger filling her voice. Heechul pulled me closer and hugged me hard.

"They'll never hurt you again. If they come, we'll help you. All of us. You are our friend and we will help you." Heechul said and I heard the anger in his voice.

"Oppa..." I said weakly as tears started welling up again. "I know it's silly crying over this. But it hurts my feelings. I can't change where I'm from. I should probably loose a pound or two. It's a complex for me and when someone pinpoints it out, I get hurt." I told them with tears rolling down again.

Heechul just hugged me harder and I hugged him back. As I continued to cry, some more people came. 

"Heechul, what's wrong with Fay?" I recognized the voice. It was HanGeng. I looked up and saw him together with Leeteuk as another guy. I think his name was Shindong.

"Fay, what's wrong? What happened?" HanGeng asked worried, making me hide myself again. Heechul told them and I wanted to hide myself even more.

"Fay, come here." I heard a voice say and someone pulling me in for a hug.

"Oppa.." I said weakly as HanGeng hugged me. He just hugged me hard, mumbling some things in Mandarine I couldn't understand.

"Fay. I'll see you at lunch. We'll talk then." HanGeng said and I nodded, not having the will to answer him.

Amber just pulled me to class, saying bye to all oppas that was there. As the day went by, I didn't pay attention to the classes. Everyone noticed it, that I wasn't like I was before, even if I hadn't been there for many days. The smily girl didn't appear or anything like that. 

As lunch came up, HanGeng stood outside our classroom and pulled me with as I came out. I just followed him, didn't even protest.

He pulled me up to the roof and closed the door behind us, looking around to see if anyone was there. When he was done, he just pulled me into his embrace.

"Fay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you guys." He said and that made me look at him.

"Oppa, this isn't your fault. If it's anyone's, it's mine. I..." I started to say but felt HanGeng hug me even harder.

"Fay! Don't you dare say it's your fault that they called you those things! No one has the right to tell you those things." He almost yelled at me. "Oppa..."

"It's okay, Fay. Just cry. I'll be here." He said and I did. I cried again. HanGeng just hugged me, making me feel like someone was there. 

As I calmed down a little, HanGeng looked at me and wiped the tears away. "Do you feel a little better?" He asked and I nodded.

"Now give me a smile Fay. The whole school is worried. As they didn't see you smile, they know something is wrong. I'll be here for you. Just call me and I'll come and help you." HanGeng continued and gave me a number.

"Thanks, oppa. You guys are so nice and I'm only causing you trouble." I said with a weak smile.

"I'll try to smile. It might not be my greatest today but it'll come back to me." I continued and kissed HanGengs cheek. "Thanks for helping, oppa" I said and HanGeng took my hand.

I noticed the faint blush on his cheeks but I decided to ignore it. He pulled me back downstairs to the others that sat and was eating their lunch.

"Fay..." Someone said and everyone turned and looked at me. I ducked my head down in embarrassment. Someone came up to us and tapped on my shoulder. It was SungMin.

"Fay. Don't worry. Even if us two didn't get a good start, I have never thought of you like that." He said, like he knew exactly what had me worried all day.

"Thank you SungMin. It's like you knew." I said to him and he smiled a cute smile.

"Aren't you a cute one?" I said and pinched his cheeks, making him blush in the process.

"She is coming back." Heechul said happily and the rest of them smiled at me.

"Now where is NamJoon? I didn't get to finish my hug on him two days ago." I said and looked around to see the boy of my attention. "NamJoon, give a sad girl a hug." I said and he didn't protest.

"Thanks." I whispered in his ear and he nodded. The others around the table smiled at us, sensing that I was becoming my normal self again.

As the lunch was over, it was time for my music class. Even if I had been depre

Please log in to read the full chapter