First day in school

School life
Please log in to read the full chapter

High school... Not my favorite place to be, especially in a country where I can't speak the language. My parents got new jobs and was transferred here to Seoul, South Korea. Not that I complain. I love visiting new countries but I'm emphasizing the visiting part, not living here. My sister did complain but who cares.

I'm Fay, 16 years old and smarter than I want to be. I am some kind of genius if I trust what my parents say. I just got a degree at the age of 14 in classical music and another one in foreign languages. There are people smarter than me and they graduated earlier than me, but anyway. 

My parents thought it was a good idea for me to continue high school just because I needed friends to hang out with. I did have friends in Sweden but my parents thought it would be good with a change of environment. Well, I can't blame them, I want more friends my age than the older persons who I studied with. In classical music they were close to my age but when I did the language part it was only older persons who thought that I was too young to do this. I proved them wrong but sadly, Korean wasn't in the catalog of the languages I know.

I know five languages so far, including my native language. I'm learning French right now, but that got interrupted as they announced the news. I decided that I would learn it on my own after we moved because I have been taking classes for this for about three months and I my growth was rapid so I wasn't worried. That being said, I think that learning Korean wouldn't take to long because I already started like a month ago and can basically ask for the way right now and maybe a little more, but I'll manage.

After a week here in Seoul, my parents followed me to my new school. My sister is in another one because she doesn't want to be associated with me and want to be normal in a normal high school. Where my parents took me, it was some kind of rich school, that my parents magically could afford now. It had two sides. The rich and the normal ones. Aish, it's like some kind of drama where the school is divided in two. Boring. But it seemed that those who went there didn't care about social statuses. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

Anyways, we all went to see the principal, Lee Soo-Man. He had a reputation of being a kind but fierce principal, someone you can trust with your children's education. As we went in, the man looked at us and smiled. "I'm guessing you're Fay. And this is your parents I presume." He said in English and smiled at us. "Yes. It's very nice to meet you." Us three said and bowed to him. "Shall we start the tour and then we'll go to you classroom to introduce you. How does that sound?" He asked me and I smiled. "It'll be great. Mom, dad. You can go after the tour of the school. Embarrassing if you'll come with me." I said and they chuckled and agreed. 

We followed Lee Soo-Man around the school. He showed the normal places first like the cafeteria and such. After a while he showed us to a music room and my eyes sparkled. It was full of different instruments and a grand piano was settled in the middle of it. It was a class inside that was playing some music. "Can I go in and listen?" I asked and he nodded. "You'll be a huge asset in this class with your degree in classical music Fay." He said as I went in. As the people heard the door open, they all turned and watched me go in. They spoke to me but my skills aren't that good yet so I just stood there. I wasn't comfortable with talking Korean yet but that'll change. Lee Soo-Man went in too and explained to them. I introduced myself in Korean, I know that much at least. 

I saw that no one was by the piano so I just went and sat down. They looked at me confused but I just started playing. I played the melody they were practicing without any flaw and just smiled as I had fun. As I stopped, I heard applauds really loud and saw that it was more people watching me than the persons in the class. I smiled and bowed to them as a thank you. I walked up to Lee Soo-Man and followed him out, walking our way to my new class. I bid goodbye to my parents and said I would call them later. They worry too much sometimes.

In the classroom, there where equally as many boys as it was girls. The boys were really fit and thin and the girls too. I suddenly felt a little fat but who cares. Genetics can't always be in your favor. As I walked in after Lee Soo-Man, everyone looked up from their books with expressions of confusion. He introduced me and then looked at me. "I told them about your degrees and such so don't worry. Just introduce yourself as good as you can." I smiled and introduced me as I did before. The teacher looked at m

Please log in to read the full chapter