Numb

Lilac Felicity

Inspired and based on the song N.U.M.B by Diana Vickers

N.U.M.B I feel empty
of feeling, of feeling
Even God is grieving


 

 Only moments ago had she been on the floor, bawling her eyes out. Her wails recklessly screeching through the silence, could probably have been heard from a hundred miles away. However, now, she sat motionlessly, soaked in the salty abyss that was her own tears. It was almost as though that instance in which she'd let her emotions run haywire, had never existed. That past that she could draw so close to her mind, was already slipping away: piece by piece.

 

Numb. That was how Tiffany could define her feelings.

 

Her body had frozen over his last ice cold words. now burnt as each sharp breath she inhaled stabbed at her lungs. She was drowning in his never-ending silence because there was nothing left to say.

There were no more tears to produce.

"Tiffany, I love you."

A part of her wanted to lash out at this comment. She didn't need any crappy lies, she didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve to have her hopes and dreams built up only to decay with one touch of that other girl's manicured nail.

Oh god, if only she could take back any reciprocating words. Somewhere in her mind, Tiffany wished that he had never become aware of how she felt. Had she not been so stupid as to purposely let her walls down for him, would she not have been in such a turmoil condition.

"Fany, let me be your sun, so that when you're down I can brighten up your day"

She glanced up at the moon with a bitter smirk, feeling its cold rays beat down on her. In her world it would forever be night because her sun was gone.

"Fany, I want to be the one to hold you up high, and always support you."

She had been abandoned. With nothing to hold her up, she was left to slowly drown in an ocean of devastation.

"Tiffany, I'm sorry. I-I don't think I feel the same anymore. I love her now."

Suddenly, her world stopped turning. Her skin turned cold, her eyes wide, and her body numb. Her mind no longer churned thoughts nor memories. Everything just stopped in those few seconds. She stopped breathing. She stopped hoping. She stopped looking for reasons or even answers. She just stopped.

A single pure tear departed from her half-lidded eyes, as she pressed a stiff finger to her lips, triggering a series of whispers that only a mouse would be able to hear.

"I will always love you"

"I love you"

"I loved you, Donghae"

And then she broke into tears, once more; holding herself because no one else would.


 

Please god, I'm numb to life