065

100 Fic Challenge - Infinite

065 – Marionette (wooyeol)

The soft ticking of a clock could be heard in the room. The blonde on the bed sighed, laying back and staring blankly at the ceiling. He was waiting for his lover to come for him. It had been over a year since the two had gotten together, but it didn’t feel like a relationship anymore.

“Woohyun-ah~” The teasing voice came through the baby monitor set on top of the tall, brown drawers. The redhead sighed, sitting up once again, acknowledging the other man’s voice. “You have to take a bath today. We’re having a guest over,” the man spoke. Woohyun could practically see the smirk on his master’s lover’s face.

“I will, but the door needs to be unlocked, first,” the blonde smirked, his words holding a want, a need, for the freedom that was ripped away from him.

“You’re so silly, Woo. I’ll be up there within the next hour to help you bathe.” The voice was gone. Woohyun sighed once more, tilting his head backwards to stare at the ceiling, thoughts filling his mind. His friends had seen past the sugary personality of the other man when they had first started dating.

After the first two months, Woohyun’s best friend told him that his boyfriend was insane. The man was over-protective, rude, and obsessive. He acted as if he owned Woohyun. The blonde was blind to it. He thought the man was just deeply in love with him, and afraid of messing up their beautiful relationship. Woohyun thought that they’d be together for a few years, and the man would propose. His friends were constantly worrying over him, always telling Woohyun leave him as if it were some kind of sick mantra. He brushed them off, accusing them of being jealous of their perfect relationship. His friends stopped talking to him after the seventh month of the two being together. Woohyun would often whine to his boyfriend about missing his friends. He couldn’t detect the possessiveness in the man’s tone as he reassured Woohyun that he didn’t need anyone except his love.

After the tenth month, though, Woohyun had reconnected with one of his old friends. They planned to meet up somewhere to catch up, and just when Woohyun was about to leave his shared apartment, there he was. He grabbed Woohyun and pulled him up to his room, chanting mine in the blonde’s ear as he brutally made love to him.

Woohyun wanted to leave. He tried escaping the next day, but the man dragged him into the basement, locking him inside after repeating once again that Woohyun belonged to him.

Months had went by, and Woohyun was invisible to the outside world. He hadn’t seen sunlight, or even a sidewalk, in so long that he felt like he couldn’t remember the feeling of inhaling fresh oxygen. He was treated like a lover, but in a slave type of way. He was locked in the basement all the time, and sometimes his once true love would come down to join him for the night. He was well fed, and he wasn’t deprived of anything except freedom.

He felt like the man controlled him. The man had strings tied around his arms, legs, and head, and moved him in any way he pleased. He was a marionette to the other, a puppet. He stared at the door, watching as the butler opened it and came for him.

“Time for your bath,” the butler said, a grimace on his face. Woohyun sighed, the strings around him tightening and forcing him to follow the other man and wash up.

“You know… You can always leave. Just say the word and I’ll let you go,” the butler muttered under his breath, barely a whisper, but Woohyun still heard it. The blonde had control over cutting these strings? He could leave?

Woohyun’s throat felt tight, as if a string were choking him. He couldn’t leave. He was just a doll to play with.