023

100 Fic Challenge - Infinite

023. Spray paint; Woohyun/Sunggyu

 

Soft cackles filled the darkened alleyway. Two shadows ran through to the next street, heading towards the old, shabby building near the highway.

"You have the right colors?” One shadow asked another, both figures slightly panting from the workout as they stopped in front of the abandoned building.

“Yeah, I’ve got them all. You ready to vandalize this place?”

“Hell yeah I am. Give me the silver.”

The dark-haired male, Woohyun – or Nam, as everyone called him – opened his dark green duffel bag, grabbing the sealed paint can with the silver lid, tossing it to the other male.

The lighter-haired male, Sunggyu – nobody had a nickname for him, because nobody knew his name except for Woohyun – smiled mischievously, breaking the seal and uncapping the spray paint.

As Sunggyu lifted his arm to spray a large symbol, Woohyun grabbed the black spray paint, spraying around the symbol to create a shadow effect, and in the open spaces to completely fill the picture.

They got paint on their hands and faces, but they didn’t care. The world – or everyone on the highway, at least – needed to know who they were. They were part of a gang, most brutal, yet full of the most harmless members.

As the sun began to rise, the two stepped back to admire their artwork, giving each other a high-five. Cars were starting to drive past – a signal that it was time for the two to run off, loudly laughing as they hurried from the scene. They had left their mark.

It was the simplest of symbols, but it stood for their gang – Infinite.