Note #1

Hello, Miss Fatso!

The lecture room is surrounded by a gloomy aura as she walks in. The whole room stares at her as if she was a ghost. With her bangs covering up her face, she kinda look like a ghost actually. A fat ghost.

What disappoints her even more, as soon as she enters the class, people starts to pulling chairs towards them, as if the seat is taken, although she herself know it isn’t. Her eyes scanned through the class, and finds that the seat at the very back in the class had no one in the row. Huffing out a sigh full with disappointment, she drags herself to the seat, with her denims.

“Hey,” A voice calls out. Baek Hee noticed the voice, as if it was calling her. But who would call a hideous girl, like her? She continues a journey, until someone, or something surprisingly held out for her wrist.

“Yah.”

Baek Hee startles as the warm hand holds her wrist. She stares at her wrist, and then straight forward to the owner.

“Where are you going?” he asked, with his sparkly eyes staring at her, just like an angel from heaven, and Baek Hee is too distracted with his eyes to answer his question.

“Where. Are. You. Going?” he repeated, “Towards the back.” Baek Hee gulped as the melodious angel-like voice came through her ears.

“The seat is empty.” he offers, as he taps the seat. Baek Hee blinks at the action, and she is afraid. Afraid that it is a prank.

She does not want to experience anything that she had back at school. She had experienced more than enough.

She decided to reject the offer, although she knew that if she misunderstood, she had missed a great opportunity to be near with an angel.

But the guy stops her again, blocking her from moving with his hands held out.

“ I heard that there’s a lot of rats at the back there. That’s why none of them would sit at the back.” He mutters blatantly, causing Baek Hee gulps.

She scans the whole class again, and the situation aren’t very welcoming, except this angelic fellow who specially offers the seat for her.

“Is it really okay for me to have a seat here?” Baek Hee asked wondering whether who knows that guy might change his mind.

“I told you that the seat is empty.” He groaned frustratedly upon Baek Hee’s question, dragging the chair open, for Baek Hee to have a seat.

Realizing that maybe she’s already getting into the fellow’s neve, she hurriedly took a seat and thanked him for his generosity.

She took out her books from her bag onto the table.

Business for Dorks.

“Alright Baek Hee. This is your time to shine.” she lectures herself.

“Nice sense of fashion.” The fellow voices again.

And because of her clumsiness, she could not hear what the words were and stumble the books on the floor.

The guy snickers as he helps Baek Hee getting the books onto the table.

“With that fashion of yours, it surely matches with your clumsiness.” He chortled.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Baek Hee keeps apologizing,

The fellow chuckles as he analyses Baek Hee’s attitude.

“What are you apologizing for when there’s nothing wrong with what you have done?”

Baek Hee startled again with the guy’s question. She wonders to herself again.

“Aigoo, you seriously need to build your self-confidence.” He grinned as he rustles Baek Hee’s hair.

“Your shampoo’s nice! What are you using?” he asked, as he smells his hands.

“Just some shampoo.” Baek Hee utters as the angel keeps getting weirder as the time goes by.

“Hey, Jackson. You told me that the seat is taken, and you gave this fatso a seat?” the girl who sits in front of them asked as she turns around.

“So the name is Jackson.” Baek Hee smiles as she scribble on her notes as she heard the conversation.

“The seat is already taken, of course. Can’t you see?” Jackson utters as if he’s hitting around the bush.

“The seat wasn’t, until she came and you even offers her the seat!” the girl grunted.

“Well, why can’t I?”

“Are you blind? Can’t you see her looks?” the girl gasped, in disbelief upon Jackson’s blunt act.

“What?” Jackson asked, with his forehead wrinkles, “She has pearl-like eyes, pinkish cheeks, smooch-able lips,” he described, “Ah, not to forget, her hair is soft and her shampoo is nice too! Even nicer than yours, so why shouldn’t she sits here?”

“She’s damn fat!” the girl stood up as she points at Baek Hee.

Baek Hee was very hurt, as if her heart was torn into pieces, even though she flutters with Jackson’s comment.

“And you’re damn skinny.” Jackson blurted, with his eyes piercing through the girl.

“You’re so damn skinny that I got nauseous every time that I see you.

The girl gasped as Jackson stabs her in the heart with his painful words. Baek Hee almost applaud for Jackson’s act and almost thanked him with a hug.

“Don’t worry. Both of us will welcome you with pleasure. Ignore those bastards in the class, ok?” Jackson smiles, as he pulled another guy in a headlock.

“I’m Jackson, he’s Mark.” Jackson introduces himself and the poorly treated Mark.

“Yah, Jack—Ouch!” Mark grunted as his forehead got flicked by Jackson.

“I’m Baek Hee.”

“So, I’ll call you Hee?” Jackson suggested, and replied by a nod.

Baek Hee smiles upon the warm welcome by an angel, until she realizes something.

Jackson did not possibly… fell in love with me, RIGHT?!

 

The first class went very smoothly, with the friendly lecturer and the nice atmosphere. Everything went well for everyone, except for the girl in front whom eyes are already swollen from crying and of course our Baek Hee as her mind is full with unanswered questions.

Does he likes me? Or did he wants to be my friend? Or does he like me?

The class ended, as everyone dashes out of the classroom, except Baek Hee, Jackson and Mark. Baek Hee stunned as she already packed her stuff and the two buddies are not showing any signs of moving.

“W-why aren’t you guys getting out?” Baek Hee stutters, without sparing a look at them.

“Because you ain’t give up some space to move out.” Jackson’s grinned widely.

Realizing of her dumb question, she walks out of her seat and let both of them goes out first.

Better now or never!

“Jackson!” Baek Hee calls out.

“Hm?” The way Jackson’s turns his head towards Baek Hee had already got her melting over him, but that doesn’t stops her asking Jackson the ultimate question.

“You—“ Baek Hee gulps,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Aren’t possibly— like me, right?”

Immediately, Jackson and Mark releases out a scoff which made Baek Hee’s felt absolutely uneasy.

“W-what?” Jackson stutters and with Mark’s started to hold out his laugh, Baek Hee knows that this is a bad sign.

“Me?” Jackson points out himself, “Liking you?” and towards Baek Hee.

“I’m not being cruel here, but me liking you?” Jackson repeats, “I mean, a fats—I’m sorry, but someone like you?

“Yah, you’re too mean!” Mark hissed.

Baek Hee starts to blush and cursed herself,

“I-I have a boyfriend too!” and she rushes out of the room, ignoring both Mark and Jackson.

 

Outside of the faculty, a red Ferrari shines out, attracting attention from all the ladies, especially with a flower boy, leaning towards the ride, with a pair of cool shades.

Baek Hee gasped as she saw the situation, as if she saw something horrifying. She pushes out the girls who blocked her way and went closer to the flower boy.

“What are you doing here?!” she hissed, as silent as she can, not giving anyone permission to hear their conversation.

“I’m visiting my little sister.” He utters, as he took out his shades, getting a squealing from the crowd of the ladies.

“I told you not to come here!” Baek Hee hissed again.

“And why is that?” he approaches Baek Hee’s face as closer as ever.

“Eww, you’re grossing me out!” she pushes her brother away as her brother attempts to get closer.

“See the fuss that you are creating?” she asked as she points out the crowd.

“Whatever.” The brother pouted.

“No matter what happens, I will not let myself in your car.” Baek Hee utters confidently.

“Oh, who is that, Baek Hee?”

Upon hearing that familiar irritating voice, Baek Hee quickly tries to cover up her brother, eventhough her brother is taller than her.

“Nice ride!” Mark gasped,

“Who’s that?” Jackson asked, with curiosity.

“Uh, ah—err.” Baek Hee stutters not knowing what to reply.

“Ehem. Let me introduce myself,” the brother appears out of his sister’s shadow as he fixed his tie. “I’m—“

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s my boyfriend!” Baek Hee blurted.

The three of them, and the crowd gasped upon the statement.

“Your what?” Mark asked, in disbelief.

“Introducing my boyfriend, Baek Hyun.” Baek Hee lies, without showing any nervousness.

“Boyfriend?” Baek Hyun snickers.

“Oh, hello, Mr. Boyfie.” Jackson greeted. “I’m her senior by one year, and her friend, Jackson.” He held out his hand for a handshake.

“Well, I’m Hyun, Baek Hyun.” The boyfriend introduces himself.

“Baek Hyun? Oh, wait. You guys have the same surname?” Mark questioned.

“Err, yeah!” she agrees as she linked her arm with her brother’s, “ What a perfect match, right?”

“Well, I guess it is true that you have a boyfriend.” Jackson sighs,

“Of course, why should I lied!” Baek Hee laughs, awkwardly. She lets go of her brother’s arm and dashes inside the car.

“So you’re Jackson?” Baek Hyun asked again, asking for confirmation.

“Yes, I’m Jackson! I’m just a new friend, don’t worry!” Jackson admits nervously.

“I guess we are going to meet as frequent as it will be.” Baek Hyun snickers.

“Get inside, dear.” Baek Hee grunted, as she rolls the window down.

“See you again.” Mark bids farewell,

“Yes, I’m sure we will.” Baek Hyun nodded and heads inside the car.

“Her boyfriend is quite a catch, right?” Mark gasped.

“I don’t think so.”