Strangely Awesome (?)

Sweet Frustration

Daehyun had been absent for a few days due to the flu. 
Not that it really mattered, though.

Youngjae and his assigned group was handed a task to make the classroom's bulletin board filled with creative artworks in relation to the theme. It wasn't all that hard really and they managed to finish before the corresponding deadline.
Though, Youngjae had to roll his eyes secretly at the people saying 
"Such a waste... Daehyun's absent... he would have totally made it look better.."

What was so special about that Daehyun, anyway?!? It's not like he's that good .. people were just exaggerating... why did they make it sound like he was so important?

Youngjae sighed. Why's he mentally rambling so much again? If that Daehyun guy wasn't so important, he'd forget about his existence the first time they've part.

Daehyun was present the next day. Classes ressumed as it was.

____________________________________

Art class came first and Youngjae couldn't be any more excited. Art was his passion, his excitement, his life. 
It actually ran in the family. His brother and father were both fine artists' and so they obviously passed it down to him. Influencing him since young with a colorful environment in everywhere he may walk. A closet of blank sheets of paper just for his little hands to fill up with beauty. Others say he's pressured to like art, since his family's life basically revolves around it, but they couldn't be any more wrong. Youngjae loved art. And he loved it in his own choice.

To his displeasure, things did not go as expected. It was the first meeting, of course they didn't start it with an activity as Youngjae dearly wished for.
Instead they did some introductions and a weird game.
The game's mechanics were really simple, but the game itself was as complicated as the anatomy of some cyber galactic thingamajig. They had to tell a story one by one, a sentence would be more likely and each student had to add something more to the given sentence, memorizing all the past sentences before telling it all from scratch. So with each student passing, the story gradually becomes longer and longer and the one to mess up faces the horrifying consequence of showing their talents. Typical, really.

The game started and Youngjae bit down his nervousness. He was never one with a sharp memory so this could be a problem for him.

The person in front of him, Jisook started reciting all the past sentences and it seriously irked him that he had to say all of it again before adding in his own sentence.

"The little boy bought a balloon from a store, crossing the road he did not notice a car headed his way. Shocked, the boy ran for his life. Though he made it safely, his balloon had somehow flew away without him knowing. A man had seen this and got him his balloon back. " 
He swallowed nervously as hearing Jisook reciting that without even a single stutter. Sheesh what was that boy again? A recorder may come close.

His teacher called out to him to recite it all again, signaling his turn, and with fingers crossed, Youngjae did just that.

"The little boy bought a balloon from a store, crossing the road he did not notice a car headed his way. Shocked,-" Youngjae paused to catch his breath a little before proceeding
"The boy ran for his life. Though he made it safely, his balloon had somehow flew away without him knowing. A man had seen this and got him his balloon back. He didn't even know he had lost that balloon and immediately thought the man stole it from him." Youngjae stopped there and released a sweet sigh of relief. He had made it out fine. He was safe.
He faced up front but quickly took a look back upon hearing such a shaky hesitant voice.
It was Baekhyun's turn next.

"The l-little boy bought a balloon from a store, walking- I mean, crossing the road, he did not notice a car headed his way. The boy ran for his life and-"

The teacher smirked at the nervous mess of a Baekhyun.

"Stop, you missed the word 'Shocked' please come here in front Mr.Byun and show us your talent." The teacher had beckoned the uneasy Baekhyun but Baekhyun was a little bit more laxed compared to before. He'd honestly prefer sharing his godly acting skills than reciting some weird script they'd show him in one minute.

Standing in front with a goofy smile, Baekhyun inhaled loudly before he went all out and started pulling on a random classmate, Sunhwa to be exact.

"You!!" He accusingly pointed at the shocked Sunhwa and Youngjae could only watch in amusement without even trying to blink his eyes.

"You took Daehyun away from me! Give him back! He's mine!" 

The class errupted with unending laughter  and so did Youngjae.

Sunhwa laughed too, before she scooped a handful of Baekhyun's hair that is.

"He was mine to begin with, you shameful man!" And then they had a small acted out cat fight, with the class' beaming laughter as the background. Tugging at each other's hair mercilessly while occasionally muttering some swears and the " Daehyun's mine" " No, he's mine" conversational tug of war.

Everyone laughed heartily at the display infront of them that lead their eyes never wanting to leave the sight.

But.

Only Youngjae saw how Daehyun covered his face with shame and embarrassment.

____________________________________

The teen swayed his feet back and forth, hugging his homework close to his chest as he waited for the AV room to fill up again. He was proud of his work to say the least and even though it wasn't that extravagant and was bluntly simple, it had been on point of what the teacher asked for. No less and no more.

Looking over to the side as the room started to fill up, students coming in, one by one. He took note of how Daehyun sat near Junhong this time, which was approximately three seats away. He chuckled to himself, internally wishing Junhong a goodluck, dealing with the overrated weird boy.

"Alright, class, prepare your homework and make sure you pass it in an orderly organized manner" The teacher's husky voice brimmed in the students' ears as they pulled out their homework groggily with an ounce of dread, effortlessly passing their works, that Youngjae could say were just as effortlessly made.

A sudden sound made him look to the side and he peered over to Junhong's direction once he heard him reckon.

"Psssst. Youngjae. Psttttt" He went and Youngjae looked at him with a tinge of confusion.

Junhong elaborated by wordlessly pointing to Daehyun's direction, mouthing something incoherent with utmost glowing eyes and a huge grin plastered on his face. Before Youngjae could ask why, a bundle of homeworks were passed down to him in a rather not so organized and orderly way, contrary to what their biology teacher just told them. This happened to  include something in particular that caught Youngjae by surprise, recoiling in such a way that his eyes flew wide and mouth fell agape,  dryly.

Incredible.

It was just simply astounding.

There in his hands was the most incredible work of art he's seen yet. Smeared with paint, light of tint and white colored ink layed a complex painting of a woman with tinge of blood dripping from her eyes, nose and lips. It's as if it was printed from some kind of magical art site or something. He'd never seen anything like it before.

His ogling was interrupted when the bundle was agonizingly taken away from his hands by the student next to him, ready to be passed to the impatient teacher currently tapping his foot in displeasure. He nearly cried. So in brave attempt, he got up from his seat and walked hurriedly to where the bundle was currently at, just to get another glimpse of the mysterious masterpiece, or to at least get lucky enough to know who was behind the exquisite work of art.

That one glimpse was all he needed.

Jung Daehyun. That unfair son of a gun had hands gifted by God, laced with an undeniably impressive talent.

And now maybe Youngjae could see just a bit, why he was so praised.

____________________________________
A/N: I'm digging my own grave with this fic. This is not even supposed to exist. help me.