Shame Bells Be Ringing

Sweet Frustration

" Youngjae did you see it? Tell me you saw it! You definitely saw it, right?" Junhong pestered as they headed back to their classroom for the next lesson to come. Luckily, it was their free time, so they didn't need to worry about entering late. Not that it was free for everyone though. Some of the students had to run back so they could practice for a dance performance with the date dreadfully nearing. Well, it's not as if Youngjae and Junhong were part of it. They were just props men so they had nothing to worry about, especially since the props were all done.

" See what?" Youngjae questioned, still in a daze from awhile ago's events.

"It!! Jung Daehyun's homework!"

Hearing this, Youngjae immediately paid all of his heed to the excited student next to him. It's no wonder why he's so excited, really. Junhong was just as big as an art freak as he was.

"Yes! Oh man it was so beautiful! I can't believe Jung Daehyun actually made it!" He screamed and Junhong nearly slapped him square in the face because Jung Daehyun just happened to pass by them.

"Keep it down. He might hear." The younger of the two whispered rather harshly and Youngjae had to apologize with a chuckle.

As they got in the room, majority of the students had already started the practice for the dance performance representing their section. Chairs were howled over to the side and music played all over everyone's hearing. Junhong was helping everyone with their props and Youngjae was suppose to do the same, but he had other plans.

He pulled out a pencil and a drawing book from his bag and sat at the side. There's this author in his favorite site he'd really like to make a comics or a video for. It was a person he dearly looked up to. Thumbing out the first few pages of his drawing book, he sorted out plans for the draft. Effortlessly drawing ugly cartoon forms. It was all a draft, honestly nothing to get worked up about when he made some mistakes, he can just polish it later, if he manages to finish it, that is.

Lost in his handiwork, he hadn't noticed someone had been calling out to him for some time now if it hadn't been for that one call that snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, Youngjae!" He shot his head up before smiling politely at the familiar person in front.

"Your name's Youngjae, right?" 
Baekhyun asked, sitting down next to the slightly displeased-that someone  had to interrupt his artsy time-lad. Youngjae gave a the boy a nod.

"And You're Baekhyun, correct?"

"Yup"

Youngjae nodded once more before awkwardly thinking of a conversation. For the mean time, he focused his gaze to his draft. Why was Baekhyun there anyway? Not like he had anything interesting to say to him.

"Hey do you think Daehyun's hot?"

Youngjae's head shot up at the random question.
How the hell was he supposed to answer that?!

"Oh nevermind, you don't have to answer that, he's hot anyway"
Baekhyun said, playing with his fingers.

"You like him?" Youngjae finally had the courage to blurt out a response, thinking back to the time Baekhyun started a cat fight with Sunhwa.
"Yeaaaa- No."

"Huh?" That didn't make sense at all.

"You don't actually think I like that dimwit, right? You do realize it was all an act.."
Baekhyun smiled softly at him, touching his own cheek with his index finger.

"Oh.."

"I do like someone though.." Baekhyun's eyes wondered off, sparkling in the process before they landed on a certain pointy eared giant.

"Chanyeol?" Youngjae asked with a teasing smirk. His smirk grew wider upon seeing Baekhyun give a curt nod.

" The guy's handsome.." 
Youngjae could sense the love-structiness of the latter, the choice of words not going unnoticed. He'd used hot on Daehyun who he'd deemed a dimwit, but 'handsome' on Chanyeol, the apple of his eyes. Chanyeol was on a more 'decent' descriptive field, he took note.

"I-"

Their conversation got cut off by a figure approaching their spot. This just so happened to be the same figure both had been talking about not too long ago.

"Hi Daehyun!!" Baekhyun beamed happily as Daehyun got over to the chair behind Youngjae and sat on the arm rest with little to no care if the part of the furniture could tolerate his weight or not.

"Hi Baekhyun." Daehyun said looking everywhere but Baekhyun.

" Did you enjoy the show?" He asked teasingly, clearly referring to the little cat fight fit between him and Sunhwa from before.

"Hmmnn-yeh" Daehyun answered, clearly uncomfortable, judging from his fidgeting movements and clear motives of avoiding Baekhyun's look at all costs.

"Hey is that a drawing pad? Can I see?" Daehyun gestured to the pad on Youngjae's armrest and then Youngjae suddenly felt shy. He was not prepared for this. The idiot behind him had magical hands that could blow anyone's mind away with his art, as far as he's seen and if he'd known better that Daehyun would ask him for his works, he wouldn't have created such ugly drafts filled with lousy and clear eraser markings.

"Uhmmmn"

He flinched when Daehyun inched just a little bit closer to him. He felt horrible though. It was like he was stealing him away from Baekhyun who clearly had something else to say. The mentioned lad only smiled softly at Youngjae before excusing himself, reasoning something about contributing to their dance performance more.

"So can I look?" His thoughts about Baekhyun suddenly dispersed into the air once that same old voice from before rang in his ears.

Hesitantly, he did hand over his pad to Daehyun and by the looks of the 'dimwit's face, he thinks he already knows what's about to happen next.

"Pfffffft. You call this art? What are you? Five?"

Oh the humiliation.

With cheeks burning hot red, Youngjae yanked his sketch pad back and tried to reason out.
"Shut up. It's a draft for something I'm making. Since when is a draft perfect?" He gritted his teeth in the process of spewing out those words.

Daehyun put his hands up in surrender.

" Alright, Alright... It's a draft, it's a draft."

Youngjae breathed loudly and awkwardly resumed making the draft, trying to ignore the dimwit behind him. He couldn't play it for long though, eventually when he cooled down, he started to realize this same person right there was responsible for that magnificent piece of art that made his heart thump with pure admiration.

"Hey.. ummm... Daehyun?" He looked back, only to see him still amusingly there. Had he been watching him resume his draft the whole time? To be honest, he was half expecting he'd left already.

"Yeah?"

"The painting of a woman on our biology homework... that was yours, right?"

"What about it?"

Excitement suddenly just coursed through Youngjae's veins, adrenaline spreading over his body like wild fire, he just couldn't wait.

"That was absolutely amazing!" He clasped his hands together, trying to hold himself back before he spits out a thousand paragraphs or something.

" Oh, it was nothing" Daehyun chuckled a little and Youngjae nearly choked on that. Nothing? nOtHiNg?! NOTHING?!!!

No. It was not nothing.

He ramaged through his messy backpack and got a blank note book, handing it over to Daehyun with much force, and not the kind of force where he had to use his utmost strength, but the kind of force where he had to push back Daehyun's declines.

"Please sunbae-nim! Please give me some art tips!"

Daehyun raised his brows, amused.

"Sunbae-nim?" He heartily laughed as he questioned.

"Yes, sunbae-nim! That painting was so beautiful you've owned my greatest respect! So please, TIPS!!"

Daehyun awkwardly scratched his nape before he reluctantly accepted the notebook in his arms.

"What do you need tips on?"

"Anatomy. Human anatomy." Youngjae's eyes sparkled with the galaxy's reflection just as he said that.

"Umghhh.. I don't really.. ughhh- Oh alright.." this earned Daehyun the widest grin Youngjae could muster up.

"Thank you so so much, sunbae-nim, you don't know how much this means to me!!" He had beamed happily just as the last bell rang. And just like that, he had another thing to look up to for tomorrow.

Wow, to think he had mentally degraded that man he calls sunbae-nim now, just yesterday.

Time has its own way, he guesses.