First Alarm

Arise
 
CHAPTER 001
 
                     “HAPPY JIHOONIE'S DAAAAAY!”
An extreme loud cheers were shared inside of classroom number 3-A, where juniors gathered at. There comes one tall male student dressed in messy school uniform, wearing a name-tag as Lee Seokmin, written in Korean phrases.
 
He tapped his friend's face into a homemade cake. Those whipped creams and cherry jam were spreading all over his face.
 
The shorter one started to grunting in anger, “LEE SEOK MINNNNNNN!”
 
Everyone knows he will be a dead meat.
 
Soonyoung pats the now widen-eyed Seokmin's shoulder, muttering good luck before Jihoon madly stood up from his seat and chasing after the chicken man. Horrendous screams were piercing throughout the hallways.
 
“SEOKMIN YOU RAT. I WILL ROAST YOUR !”
 
The whole entire class bursts laughing maniacally.
 
They have been enjoying whenever someone dare themselves to try bothering a short boy named Lee Jihoon, not when he is in a real bad mood, you wouldn't want to risk or you'd rather jumping off the cliff than waiting for his movement to swing your .
 
“Oh my dear lord. Was he trying to kill himself by fishing Jihoon?”
 
“What a fool,”
 
Both Wonwoo and Mingyu spoke up, suffering in holding back their teary laughter.
 
In the corner side of the classroom, Dana has been sleeping with her head leaning against the wall behind her. Well yeah, she was definitely seated by the last row. Her legs hung over the desk and nobody would really care.
 
Wondering why?
 
Because she is the most boyish female student that Dangil High ever had. Since the school is not quite strict about uniform, so she is allowed to wear tracksuit bottoms under her skirt to cover her revealing skins. It was too short and she dislikes the design in additional.
 
Her hair can be as short as the remaining school boys. Indeed, she has bangs that completely covering her forehead and they were naturally dark brown. Her arms were folded together onto her tummy level. Her face were hidden underneath the fluttered novel book and freely releasing her snores.
 
Able to bear with noisiness and becoming a casual daily to her. Without noises, she would be feeling empty, that's the case. She fears loneliness and afraid to be left alone.
 
However, she is awakened by a thrown scrambled paper and hitting directly onto the book as it fell down. Her face can be unveiled for now, scrunching in an annoyed facial expression and blinded for a second due to the sunlight. She sat next to a window, of course yes.
 
“What the hell man,” she finally voiced out.
 
They laughed, not too loud and not too low either. They were having fun to annoy and jokes on each other. Like a real family but more sound and happier.
 
She groaned in frustrating mode.
 
Soon, she is approached by her deskmate just newly attending the class from today and it was shocking to see her deskmate being masked and hiding her eyes with her long black hair, “Good morning,” she greets.
 
Nevertheless, Dana won't be taking that so easily. She can be observant towards someone she knew for so long as she can remember. Her eyebrows furrowed, trying to figured out why and probably sick?
 
Because this deskmate of hers, called Dahyun, was absence since last week and not even a single person giving a hint or anything, including the teachers. Mysterious.
 
Dahyun is here today, so she could grab this chance and ask, maybe?
 
Dana tapped Dahyun by her shoulder but she refused to look into her eyes.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“Yes..., I just had a fever. Nothing is really matter,” she confirmed then concentrates to the front. They all went back to their seats as soon as they heard a ringing bell for today's morning lesson and their Maths teacher decided to clicking into their class.
 
His appearance resembles to Dahyun. Dana's eyes continuously switching glances to dots on their sudden covered face, but this time around, he is bald, so we can spot his pale skin. He keeps his mask up to the bridge of his nose.
 
“Stand up!”
 
“Good morning, Mister Goh,” they said in unison, same goes to Dana but she was hesitant to say anything when she has a bad feeling that something is going wrong and she is not so sure.
 
Until Dahyun break the silence by coughing out loudly and her white mask disappeared into a dirty white, red stains. She quickly remove her mask as Dana widened her eyes upon seeing a horrific blood staining the mask but it was not the end.
 
Dahyun coughed instantaneously and her bloods were plashed all over her table, causing Dana to never sit down again. She breathes heavily, probably suffocating to inhale an oxygen.
 
Other classmates were surprised as well then Mister Goh pukes out darkest blood. 
 
The girls shouted and a few boy's screams were echoed.
 
“. WHAT HAPPENED TO BOTH OF YOU?” Wonwoo angrily questioning, he is fearing the bloods on the inner thoughts.
 
“Someone please go to the office and call for help!” their class president, Soonyoung, instructing since he is nearest to comfort Mister Goh from behind. One of the girls, Soobin, raised her hand to volunteer, “I'll go!” she said and quit the homeroom.
 
Once Dahyun has stopped. Dana choose to slowly approaching her and attempting to comfort her by grasping on the shoulders but suddenly, she received an aggressive attack.
 
“DAHYUN. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?”
 
She controlled her former deskmate using her arms to wrestled her and blocking her neck, so Dahyun won't be shoving those teeth against Dana's skins. Hell, she looks horrible than ever. Dirty dark bloods infecting her saliva to flow down through her opening mouth and she endlessly growls.
 
Her eyes were once a warming and charming hazelnut has made a transformation for deathly white. Nothing can be recognized as the old Dahyun anymore.
 
Now, Dana knows the reason.
 
“JIHOON OR ANYONE. STAB HER HEAD!”
 
“What?”
 
“STAB HER ING HEAD! STOP STANDING LIKE A STATUE,”
 
Jihoon immediately grabbed a scissor from his own pencil case and stabbed into Dahyun's back head, creating a hole and bloods splattered his white school shirt. She eventually inactive and collapses onto the floor.
 
They were exhaling in shock.
 
“Are we just killing a human?” Mingyu watched in horror, asking.
 
Before she could ever explaining, someone else in trouble with an attacked bald teacher. The girls are screaming, a few group of them were escaping and not being responsible for what happening.
 
“Soonyoung! HOLD ON!” Seokmin screamed his lung out while trying to departing the two struggled people.
 
Dana snatched off the scissor out of Dahyun's head and bring it to hurrying then chopping his head thrice as he freed the injured Soonyoung with Seokmin luckily catches him. She kicks his bloated stomach and he fell.
 
Soonyoung is fortunate enough that he doesn't get bitten, but instead, he got a scar by stumbling over a sharp ruler that was on the table.
 
They heard a coming heavy and fastest footsteps, groans, loud shrieks and holler from outside of the classroom. Soobin has not returned and she may have escaped or either bitten.
 
“Sorry, I need to get Soobin!” Luda exclaims and leaving.
 
Her fellow best friends, Bona and Dawon tagging along.
 
“Close the door, close the door, close the door!” Dana held an instruction as dashing over the entrance and shut the door tightly.
 
Her closest classmate, Choi Youngjae, passes a broom for blocking it to be bash. She took it and locked the door. Other classmate, Jeon Jungkook, followed the similar action but replacing it with a mop. They backed away.
 
“Okay now, what the hell was that?” Wonwoo asked, facing everyone.
 
Their eyes set at no one else other than Dana.
 
She glances over the windows and making her way towards those transparent glasses. She captured a glimpse of horror events down there. Her thoughts and mental brain was correct. She knew it. She know what is the answer for Wonwoo's question. Like her own, earlier.
 
 
 
“...Infectious... Contagious...,”
 
 
 
 
 
 

TO BE CONTINUED