Episode 3-1: Individual Quests (Jeongmin)

A Tale of the Elements

You walked back inside and noticed that Donghyun and Minwoo were back from The Room. You headed over to where they were sitting and sat down.

 
 Jeongmin: So what was so important that Youngmin almost yanked your arm off.
 
You: It's nothing guys. Don't worry about it.
 
You gave a them small smile and began to think about what Youngmin said to you. You knew you could trust everyone in the Starship Dorms. Especially BOYFRIEND. There may have been a few mishaps here and there but you had always been a very good judge of character. 
 
___________________________________________________
 
~Later that day~
 
Jeongmin came over to you and the others slamming a paper on the table. 
 
Jeongmin: We're doing this quest right now! 
 
You give Jeongmin a confused look and grab the paper.
 
You: "Find the bandits in the Normani Woods and bring them back to be turned in". By "we" do you mean me and you?
 
Jeongmin: Of course. We want to see your ability so we all agreed on doing quest that's easy enough for two party members. You don't mind do you? 
 
You: Are the woods far away?
 
Jeongmin: Not to far but it's a lengthy walk.
 
You: Ugh, I'm not in the mood for that...
 
Jeongmin looked very saddened. That was when an idea popped into your head. You told the others you and Jeongmin were leaving, bought a few healing items from the item store, and walked into a small ally way. 
 
You: Ok Jeongmin. Grab my hand. 
 
Jeongmin: Why? 
 
You: You'll see. Just close your eyes and think about the Normani Woods really hard.
 
Jeongmin did as told. When you opened your eyes you saw tall trees all around you. 
 
Jeongmin: We-We're here! How did you do that?! Only Darkness users can teleport and not that far either. Unless you're... 
 
You: A multi user... Yeah.
 
Jeongmin's eyes widened. 
 
Jeongmin: Y/N! You can't just do that out of nowhere! You should know people are after element users like you. 
 
You: I know, I know. But I can trust you. All of you. Right?
 
You said with a smile. Jeongmin smiled back and nodded. 
___________________________________________________
 
After searching around the forest for what seemed like hours, you and Jeongmin were starting to get tired of looking for the bandits. The two of you were about to call it quits until you spotted a cave in the distance. 
 
You: You wanna go look in that *gulp* really dark cave?
 
Jeongmin noticed how tense you were and held back his laughter.
 
Jeongmin: Are you afraid of the dark Y/N?
 
You: N-No! Shut up! Everyone has something they're afraid of! 
 
Jeongmin: Oh don't worry Y/N. The great Lightning user, Lee Jeongmin will protect you! 
 
Jeongmin took the lead and the two of you headed inside the cave. The deeper you went the darker it became. You used a bit of Light power so you could see better. 
 
You: Jeongmin... I have a bad feeling.
 
Jeongmin: What makes you say that?
 
You heard a click and noticed the floor starting to come apart. You pushed Jeongmin out of the way and fell down the hole. It wasn't too far of a fall but it did hurt like hell. The hole closed up before Jeongmin could jump down and help you.
 
You: Ugh my leg. Crap why does this always happen to me? 
 
You were about to heal your bruised leg when you heard laughter and footsteps coming closer to you. Whoever it was used Fire to light up the cave. You looked up and saw that same bandit that blew up the train and a few of his lackeys.
 
Bandit 3: How are you still alive girlie? I was sure that explosion killed you. 
 
You: Touché. 
 
Lackey 1: Hey watch the way you talk to our boss!
 
Lackey 2: Yeah! Show some respect!
 
Bandit Boss: No guys it's okay. I'll just have to make sure she's dead this time. You guys go find her little friend.
 
His lackeys did as they were told and went to find Jeongmin. He pulled out a knife and charged at you. You tried to get up and defend yourself but the pain you felt made you realize you didn't heal yourself yet.
 
You: (Damn it. Looks like I'll just have to teleport.) 
 
You teleported towards the far end of the room and healed your leg. The bandit noticed you and smirked. 
 
Bandit Boss: I see you can use multiple elements... Well so can I. 
 
He teleported behind you and stabbed you in the back. You fell over on your stomach and writhed in pain. 
 
Jeongmin: Y/N! 
 
You began to feel a strong aura coming from Jeongmin. Lightning began to surround him and his eyes were glowing a purple color. 
 
Jeongmin: I'm gonna kill you! 
 
Jeongmin put his hand up and lifted the Boss off the ground. The Boss looked frightened and Jeongmin smiled creepily. Jeongmin pulled the Boss closer to him and started beating him, electrocuting him with every punch. The Boss screamed in pain.
 
You: Jeongmin! 
 
You tried to snap him out of his trance but he continued to beat and shock the bandit to a bloody pulp.
 
You: Jeongmin! JEONGMIN STOP!
 
Jeongmin finally heard you and stopped just before he landed a deadly punch. The purple glow to his eyes went away and he looked up at you seeing that you were okay.
 
Jeongmin: Y-Y/N... You're okay? You're okay! 
 
He ran up and hugged you. 
 
Jeongmin: I thought you were dead. I thought he killed you. I'm so sorry. I lost control. 
 
You: I-it's okay. I healed myself. Come on. Let's get these bandits and turn them in. I can't teleport all these people at once.
 
The walk to town and the police station was a quite one. It was when you guys were heading home that Jeongmin decided to say something. 
 
Jeongmin: Y/N... I'm sorry about earlier. Really I am. I lost control back there. I didn't mean to frighten you. Us Lightning users are known to go a little crazy at some point.
 
You turned around and looked at him for a few seconds before smiling.
 
You: Thank you Jeongmin. 
 
Jeongmin smiled back, glad that you were finally speaking to him again. 
 
Once you got home you and Jeongmin collected the reward. You told the members of BOYFRIEND to come to your room. You told them about you and Jeongmin's quest.
 
You: And there's something else I have to tell you all. I'm tired of keeping this a secret... You know how people who can use more than one element are being hunted down? 
 
The boys nodded.
 
You: Well, I'm one of them. I can use all the elements. 
 
Kwangmin: Really?! No wonder you took down that wolf with such ease.
 
Youngmin: You're always the last to catch on to things.
 
Kwangmin: Shut up Youngmin! 
 
Youngmin: We'll do everything in our power to protect you, Y/N.
 
All of you were shocked from Youngmin's words. Donghyun smiled.
 
Donghyun: He's right. Speaking of protecting you, we should've got your number sooner. 
 
The boys pulled out their phones and you exchanged numbers with them. After that, they decided to call it a day and rest. 
 
As he was walking out, you noticed Jeongmin had a sad look on his face. You stopped him and closed the door behind everyone else.
 
You: What's wrong Jeongmin?
 
Jeongmin: ...You remember when you said that everyone has something they're afraid of? I'm afraid of losing control and hurting someone I care about. I promise I'll do my best to control myself next time. 
 
You: If anything happens I'll be there to stop you. 
 
Your words made Jeongmin blush and turn away.
 
Jeongmin: Thanks Y/N.