Episode 2: The Welcoming Party

A Tale of the Elements

The wolf lunged at you trying to knock you down. You use your wind power to jump high in the air and climb on its head. 

 
You: Crushing Blow!
 
The wolf lets out a pained whine and writhes in pain. You jump off and look towards the twins. They stare at you in amazement.
 
You: If you two would do the honors. 
 
The twins strike down the wolf and it disintegrates into nothing. 
 
You: Nice one you two!
 
Kwangmin: You were amazing, Y/N! 
 
Youngmin: Let's head back guys. It's starting to get dark.
 
The three of you made your way back to the Starship Dorm.
 
Jeongmin: You're back. Did you find your phone?
 
You: Yep! Well actually Youngmin did.
 
Jeongmin: Youngmin? Youngmin where have you been?! You've been gone most of the day!
 
Youngmin: It's none of your business. 
 
Youngmin said as he went to take the elevator.
 
Jeongmin: Aish he's so mean. Anyways, would you like to see your new room, Y/N?
 
You: Of course! 
 
The three of you went to the seventh floor towards your room at the end of the hall.
 
Jeongmin: Just so you know Y/N, the rooms at the end of the hall are always the biggest. 
 
Jeongmin said as he opened the door and the lights.
 
???: SURPRISE!!!
 
Jeongmin was right, this room is big. It was probably the size of a living room. You saw Donghyun, Hyunseong, Minwoo, and four faces that looked very familiar. 
 
The four women came towards you and greeted you. Hyorin, the Earth user, Dasom, the Fire user, Bora, the Water user, and Soyu, the Wind user. 
 
You: Are you guys... SISTAR?! The most popular adventurers of 2013 and 2014?! I've only ever seen you guys on the Internet every now and then! Your summer adventure videos are the best! I had no idea you were in Starship!
 
The girls laughed.
 
You: Oh I'm sorry! How rude of me! I'm Y/N! 
 
You bowed and the SISTAR members did the same. A song came on from the radio they put in your room. 
 
Shake it. Shake it for me. Shake it. Shake it for me.
 
Soyu: Oh my god! I love this song! Dance with me guys!
 
The welcoming party continued on until Donghyun saw that you were getting tired. 
 
Donghyun: Alright everyone! Y/N's getting tired so it's time to go!
 
Everyone said their goodbyes and you went to call your parents.
 
Mom: Y/N! How are you? Are you okay?! You're not hurt are you?!
 
You: No mom. I'm fine. I'm just calling you to tell you guys how my first day was.
 
Dad: Did you make any friends?
 
You: Well I just met them so I can't call them friends just yet. 
 
You went on to tell them about your day and went to sleep. A couple hours later you heard a knock at your door.
 
You: Ugh. Who could it be at this time? The sun is starting to come up.
 
You opened the door and saw Kwangmin.
 
Kwangmin: Come with me Y/N. There's something I wanna show you. 
 
You followed Kwangmin to the elevator until you reached the very top of the building.
 
Kwangmin: This... Is my special spot. 
 
You: Wow... You can see everything from up here.
 
Kwangmin: It's best to come up here at this time of day. It makes me feel like I'm rising with the sun. Like I don't have to worry about anything or anyone for a moment. 
 
Kwangmin says as he walks towards the railing.
 
You: And what does Mr. Happy Virus have to worry about? Do you have some dark and mysterious past you don't want anyone to know about?
 
Kwangmin laughs.
 
Kwangmin: No nothing like that. But our parents died in a fire when we were pre-teens and since then Youngmin hasn't been the same. He used to be so kind and quiet until you got to know him but after what happened... Something just snapped. He made sure I was safe here at the dorms and then took off for a few days without telling me anything. He came back and was like a completely different person. I've learned how to deal with it but I just wanna know what his deal is... *sigh* Can you change the subject now please? The atmosphere is too heavy right now.
 
You look at the view in front of you to find something to talk about. You see a building that's even taller than the one your standing in. 
 
You: What's that place? Near the end of the wall?
 
Kwangmin: Oh that's the Big 3 Castle. 
 
You: WHAT?! 
 
Your voice echoes.
 
Kwangmin: Are you a fan of them as well? 
 
You: I had no idea they lived in Seoul! Can I go meet SNSD?
 
Kwangmin: The Big 3 isn't the kind of place you can just walk in. You have to either be friends with them, be pretty popular yourself, or be invited to the ball near the end of the year. We've never been invited to one. But SISTAR has. And since Bora is friends with Tiffany, they can go there anytime they want. 
 
You: TIFFANY?! Oh my god I love her! Then I'll just have to become Bora's best friend so she can put in a good word for me. 
 
You notice Kwangmin staring at you. He looks like he's about to burst out laughing. When he does you laugh with him. You and Kwangmin talk until the sky turns light blue. 
___________________________________________________
 
~Later That Morning~
 
You wake up and look out the window. You're so happy you've made it here. So far things are going well for you. You hear a knock on your door and open it.
 
Hyorin: Good morning Y/N. Did you sleep well? 
 
You: Yes Miss Hyorin.
 
Hyorin: No need to be so formal. Just call us by our first names dear. Breakfast is ready. Come downstairs whenever.
 
You exit your room a few minutes later. You looked up and saw the boys coming out of their rooms as well. 
 
You: Oh so we live on the same floor huh? Cool.
 
Hyunseong: I made sure Bora got you a spot where you'd be comfortable. If we're making too much noise just let us know. Would you like to sit with us for breakfast?
 
You: Sure.
 
All of you went downstairs to the main lobby and and had a very good breakfast. You heard something that sounded like a motorcycle. Seven boys who were way too noisy burst through the door. 
 
???: Dasom! What's for breakfast?
 
You: Who are they?
 
Jeongmin: That's MONSTA X. They may look scary but really they're a bunch of softies. I'm sure you'll get to know them soon and they'll fall for your charm just like-
 
Kwangmin: THAT WOLF WE KILLED YESTERDAY!
 
All of you looked at Kwangmin and Jeongmin gave him a knowing smirk. 
 
Kwangmin: There was a quest to kill that wolf. I'll go get the money. Why don't you come with me Jeongmin? Now!
 
Kwangmin dragged Jeongmin over to the quest counter. 
 
You: So what teams are you guys in? 
 
Donghyun: Me, Minwoo, Hyunseung, Jeongmin, and the twins are a team. We're called BOYFRIEND. 
 
You: HAHAHA! Boyfriend? What kind of name is that?! HAHAHAHA!
 
The three of them wait for you to stop laughing and Donghyun looks almost hurt.
 
Donghyun: When we were first starting out a few years ago, we got a lot of jobs to protect important women. They would always say we were "boyfriend material" and stuff like that. So I... gave our team the name... Boyfriend...
 
You: Oh gosh Donghyun. I'm sorry. I didn't know. That was really insensitive of me.
 
Donghyun: No. It's alright. There are times when I regret the name too. Like now.
 
Donghyun walks into a room that has a sign above it titled "The Room". 
 
Hyunseong: Hahaha! Looks like you made our leader feel some type of way. 
 
Minwoo: Nice one Y/N! I'll go make sure he's okay. 
 
You could've sworn you saw a smirk on Youngmin's face. He notices you looking at him and his smirk fades away. Kwangmin and Jeongmin come back with the money. 
 
Kwangmin: Alright Y/N. Since killing that wolf was your first job you get to have the reward. Here's 1,000 k-coins. But if we go on another quest together you'll have to split it. 
 
You: Aww. Then I'm never going on a quest with anyone ever again. 
 
Kwangmin: Hey don't be like that! We've gotta make a living too ya know!
 
You: Nope. I'm flying solo. Literally. 
 
You use your wind powers to float in the air making the boys laugh. Until Youngmin grabs your hand and pulls you down with a strong tug.
 
You: Ow! Y-Youngmin! What the hell? 
 
Youngmin drags you outside. He lets go of your arm and stares at you for a bit.
 
You: If you have nothing to say then I'm going back inside.
 
Youngmin: You can use multiple elements right? 
 
You stop and turn around. 
 
You: Yeah? What of it?
 
Youngmin: How many? And be honest. 
 
You: I don't think that matters. 
 
Youngmin: Answer my question Y/N.
 
You stay silent for a moment. It seems like he would wait for your answer no matter how long it took. 
 
You: All of them. 
 
Youngmin: I knew it. Look unless your around us or anyone else you know you can really trust, you need to learn to control the way you use your elements. 
 
You: Don't you think I know that?! My parents have told me that time and time again! I know people are after us multi users! I also know when I can trust someone so don't talk to me like you know everything about me! 
 
You and Youngmin stand in silence for a few minutes. 
 
You: I'm going back inside.