ch6

Unbounded: To learn, To teach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunray tickled Sungyeol's eyes, announcing a new bright day. He tried to wake up and almost managed to do it. Only if there was' t that awful headache to keep his eyelids closed! And, somewere in the back of his mind he cursed himself for not drawing curtains over the large windows.

He decided to not respond at the knock on his door. He heard his door opening and he shoot his eyes tighter, hoping that whoever is the person to let him sleep for another few hours.

"Sungyeol-sshi!" Da Eun voice resounded softly in his ears. " Wake up!" He stayed still hoping for her to leave, but he felt her touching his shoulder. It was an unfamiliar, entincing sensation. It was fist time the he was awakened by a woman who was't his mother or his girlfriend.

"It's already 11 in the morning", she added. "You must eat."

The irritating flip of his stomach convinced him to open his eyes. 

"I will let you change. I'll wait outside."

After  a few minutes Sungyeol walked behind Da Run to the kitchen and he was glad to discover a bowl of soup already prepared on the table. Beside Da Run there was no one. He looked questioning at her.

"I prepared the soup", she clarified. "The personel is free for a few days."

He tried the hot liquid and feeled content while the warmness spreaded in his body. 

"It's good", he said.

"It's my mother recipie." explained Da Run.

A comforting silence filled the room. Da Run took for herself bread and jam and she sat on the chair in front of him.

"How do you can eat that for breakfast." Sungyeol asked her.

"For you is breakfast. For me is a snack after breakfast." she responded without a hint of malice. "And, some peoples really eat bread and jam in the morning." She inspected her slice of bread to be perfectly covered with the sweet jelly.

"It's not healthy."  he disapproved her habit.

"Neither the alcohol." She looked him in the eyes, accusatory.

"You have a point."Sungyeol admitted.

It was silence again. This time an awkward one.

"Your today schedule is...", she started again when Sungyeol almost finished his meal.

"Sleep", he added hopefully.

"Attending to an art gallery opening. Together with Ji Ho-sshi." Sungyeol placed his spoon on the table carefully and placed his hands on the cold surface, leaning behind.

"What are you? My secretary or hers sec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter