2

Not Worth It

"You hurt me more than what I deserve because I loved you more than what you deserve."

- anonymous

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After exchanging identities, Wonwoo told Mingyu the whole story. From how him and Seungcheol met and how their relationship ended. Though Mingyu is a stranger, Wonwoo felt comfortable with him. And telling Mingyu everything makes Wonwoo feel more relieved. To help Wonwoo recover from the pain, Mingyu invited him to leave the park and come with him. Wonwoo agrees and Mingyu brings him to an arcade. They played basketball and they also went to the KTV room. Mingyu believes that singing out all the pain and hatred can help Wonwoo lessen his burdens. And it works. Mingyu is a big help. An angel sent from heaven. Somehow, Wonwoo forgets all the negative thoughts and he really enjoyed this day. Thanks to Mingyu.

 

 

As Mingyu promised, he didn't leave Wonwoo's side. Nope, he doesn't end up living together with Wonwoo, but he always visit the older in his house -- everyday. He brings some foods for Wonwoo and his mom, they play video games, they watch movies and sometimes Wonwoo will just lean on Mingyu's shoulder and cry. Moving on is not an overnight process, they both know that. It takes time, a very long time. And Mingyu will be waiting for that day to come. The time where Wonwoo's heart is finally healed. And the days become weeks and now it's been 3 months since they met. Mingyu thinks that it's enough time already for him to make his next move. To confess. It is very clear to Mingyu that ever since he saw Wonwoo at the park, crying, he already knew.. he's inlove with Jeon Wonwoo. So one fine day, Mingyu sits infront of Wonwoo and his mom. Bravely, he confessed his feelings for the older. Wonwoo was suprised. He didn't expect Mingyu to fall for him. Wonwoo is really happy to have Mingyu in his life. But to be honest, he only treated Mingyu as a younger brother.. a best friend of him. Mingyu was there when he needed the most. But, he didn't really developed a more deeper feelings for the younger. Really just a friend. But Wonwoo then realized that maybe he needs to help himself start again. So he thought of giving the two of them a try. Why not? He then accepted Mingyu.. as his boyfriend.

 

 

They are dating now for four months already. And so far so good, as Mingyu think about it. They are going out for a date for like four times a week. Mingyu really wants to get closer to Wonwoo, which is already happening. Wonwoo starts to become clingy with the younger. Sometimes he is the one to ask Mingyu out for a date. He now felt more comfortable with Mingyu.

 

 

Wonwoo is resting his head on Mingyu's shoulder. But this time he is not crying. They are at the park -- not the park where they met -- enjoying their burgers while watching the clear blue sky. They are so close to each other. Mingyu is wrapping his arms around Wonwoo's waist while his other hand is for the burger he is eating.

 

 

"The sky is so beautiful" Wonwoo said while smiling, looking up the sky. Mingyu look at him also with a smile, "But you are more beautiful" then he also looks up to the sky.

 

 

Wonwoo sat up. He looks at Mingyu with a grin on his face. But when Mingyu faced him, the younger laughs. Wonwoo pouts and his eyebrows furrowed. "Why?" he asked.

 

 

"You are like a kid. You are so messy." Wonwoo raised his eyebrows. "Oh!" he gets what the younger is saying so he turn to his bag on his side to look for some tissues. But Mingyu stopped him. The younger holds him in the wrist. Wonwoo gives Mingyu a questioning look.

 

 

"Let me clean it for you" Mingyu smiles. But he is holding Wonwoo's wrist and on his other hand is the burger he's eating. Wonwoo looks at him with confusion. How will he clean it? he thought.

 

 

Wonwoo froze as Mingyu moves closer to him. He is getting nervous. Wonwoo gulps and his eyes widen. He can feel his heart racing. What is he going to do? Wonwoo was cut on his thoughts when he felt Mingyu's lips on his cheeks -- almost touching the corner of his lips. Wonwoo gasps. Then, his heart skips a beat when Mingyu moves away but still close to his face. A smirk is seen on the younger's face as he adjusts his position, now facing Wonwoo. Wonwoo wants to retreat but he can't move his body. Seconds later, their lips finally meet. Wonwoo's eyes become bigger. He was so shocked on Mingyu's actions. It takes him awhile to realize what's happening. What should I do? Should I kiss him back? When Mingyu didn't pull back, Wonwoo finally decided to close his eyes and he also kissed Mingyu. He can feel the younger grins as he did. It's the first time Wonwoo kissed him, so expect the younger to be glad. Mingyu dropped the burger on his hand and he put his hand on Wonwoo's face to pull him closer. Their kiss becomes deeper, full of lust and love. Wonwoo locked his arms around Mingyu's neck to also pull the younger closer. Their kiss lasted for a minute. When they parted, they rest on each others forehead catching their breaths. Wonwoo's eyes are still closed. When Mingyu finally pulls away, Wonwoo opens his eyes.

 

 

He saw a familiar smile. Those big round black eyes, the sweet smile that makes those deep dimples on the side appears. He missed it. He missed that smile. He missed that person he is seeing infront of him. Wonwoo forms a smile as he scans the face of the other. But the smile on his face fades when he heard the other chuckles. And the face starts to become a different person. Wonwoo takes a deep breathe. It's not him. He is with Mingyu right now, not Seungcheol.

 

 

Mingyu reaches for his hands, "Are you okay?" the younger asks. He noticed the sudden change on Wonwoo's expression. Wonwoo smiles, "Yes" and he tightens the hold on Mingyu's hand.

 

 

"I love you . ."

 

 

From their hands, Wonwoo brings back his gaze on Mingyu. He heard him. But Wonwoo doesn't know how .. and what to answer. He releases a loud sigh and he pulls Mingyu for a hug, "I .. I think .. I love you too." he said. Mingyu smiles and he hugged the older.

 

 

Wonwoo's phones suddenly vibrates on his pocket. He let go from the hug to check his phone. Wonwoo's heart begins to race again. He bites his lower lips and his hands shakes. He don't know how to feel when he saw a familiar name on his notification. It's been a while since he saw that name on his screen.

 

 

 

From: Seungcheol

Wonwoo I'm really sorry.

Please forgive me. I know I made mistake.

But.. I still love you, babe. Please give me another chance.

I'm here in our favorite restaurant.

I'll be waiting for you.

 

 

Wonwoo almost dropped his phone on what he read. Without any thinking, Wonwoo stands up and pick up his bag. He then remembers he's with someone when a hand grabs him. He looked down and see Mingyu looking so confused. "Where are you going?" the younger asked.

 

 

"I .. I .." Wonwoo stutters. He can't tell Mingyu the truth. He don't want to hurt him. "I .. I am going to the market. Mom is asking for some help ...yeah I'm helping my mom." he lied. Wonwoo can't understand too why is he doing this. He just said earlier that he loves Mingyu. But now, he is leaving the younger for the guy .. the guy that broke his heart.

 

 

"I'm coming with you." Mingyu insists.

 

 

"No! No ... it's okay. Let's see each other later, okay? Bye." Wonwoo kissed him in the cheeks and then he left the younger.

 

 

Mingyu was left there confused. It's not that he don't trust Wonwoo, but the older makes him think suspiciously. So Mingyu followed Wonwoo.

 

 

Miingyu saw Wonwoo get out of the cab infront of the restaurant. The restaurant where Wonwoo and Seungcheol celebrated their first anniversary, as Mingyu can remember when Wonwoo told him their love story. He starts to feel something on his chest. But his heart finally dropped on the next scene.

 

 

He saw his boyfriend . . . hugging . . . his ex-boyfriend . . . they are both crying . . . then, Seungcheol kissed Wonwoo's cheeks while still crying . . .

 

 

Mingyu can't take it anymore so he looked away. Then he felt some tears falling on his cheeks. His heart .. it's broken into pieces. So this is how Wonwoo felt when I first saw him. He thought. He grabs his phone and he starts composing a message.

 

 

To: Wonwoo 

I'm going to your house.

Let's meet there.

 

 

He gives a final look on the two inside the resto. Smiles are now seen on the both of them. Mingyu decided to leave now, tears still flowing on his face.

 

- - - -

 

Wonwoo came back to his house with a smile on his face. When he gets inside, he saw Mingyu sitting on their couch.

 

 

"Oh you're here" Wonwoo smiles awkwardly.

 

 

"I texted you. You didn't received it?" Mingyu said with a blank expression.

 

 

"Ah.. yeah, I received it", Wonwoo scratched his head, "I just forgot.." then he bites his lips. He approaches the younger and about to plant a kiss on his cheeks but Mingyu moves away.

 

 

"What's wrong?" Wonwoo asked nervously.

 

 

"So you're back together again?" Mingyu looked on the other's eyes. Hurt is very obvious on his tone.

 

 

"Wh..what do you mean?" Wonwoo stutters.

 

 

Mingyu chuckles bitterly, "Wonwoo, I know that you know what I mean" He's expression becomes serious again.

 

 

Wonwoo lowered his head, "So..sorry. I.. I'm so sorry.. Mingyu, I'm sorry." tears starts to fall down on his face. The same with Mingyu. The youngers body starts to shakes and e can't stop his tears from falling. Mingyu hates it. He hates seeing Wonwoo crying. He hates himself for crying. He hates Wonwoo. He hates Wonwoo for making him love him. He hates himself for loving Wonwoo. He hates everything. It's like a nightmare. He wants to wake up from this nightmare.

 

 

Wonwoo kneeled down infront of Mingyu and he grabs the younger's hands. "Mingyu, I tried.. I tried to love you. I tried to give back all the love that you gave me. Believe me.. I really tried", his voice cracks, "but.. I can't.. Mingyu.. it's really hard. I thought I'm ready to love again.. but.. I'm not. I'm still inlove with Seungcheol," Wonwoo sobs,"I'm so sorry Mingyu. I'm sorry.."

 

 

Mingyu, on the other hand, is trying hard to hold back his tears. He's really hurting inside. He didn't expect that hearing it straight from Wonwoo can be this hard. It really hurts.

 

 

"No Wonwoo. It's my fault. I shouldn't approached you back then" he gulps, "I shouldn't offered you my hankie. I shouldn't offered my shoulder for you to cry on.. in the first place." Mingyu can't help it anymore. He let his tears fall down on is face. He looks at Wonwoo who's still crying down on his lap. But he suddenly looked up at Mingyu.

 

 

"Mingyu.. please stop crying." he get up and hugs the younger. "It's my fault. I shouldn't took advantage of you." he faced Mingyu and wipes Mingyu's tears away, "don't cry.. please. I'm so sorry. You don't deserve to be hurt like this. Sorry.. Mingyu.. don't waste those tears for me. Mingyu I'm not worth it.."

 

 

Mingyu put down Wonwoo's hand and he holds the other's wrist, "I know..", he look straight on Wonwoo's eyes, "I shouldn't help you bring back your smile. I shouldn't wasted my time helping you to recover. Wonwoo.. I'm so stupid" his grip on Wonwoo gets tighter. He wants to let out all the hatred inside him. He looks at Wonwoo with sharp eyes, "I'm so stupid! Wonwoo.. I'm so stupid!" he shouted on Wonwoo's face. Wonwoo gasps. It's the first time he saw Mingyu this angry. Tears flows heavily on the both of them. "I shouldn't let myself fall for you. I regret that I loved you." Wonwoo's heart breaks with the younger's words. But he deserves it. He knows he deserves it. He deserves to be hated by Mingyu. 

 

 

Mingyu let go of his hand and he gets up. Wonwoo looked up. He can see the hurt and anger on Mingyu's eyes. I'm sorry. He thought then he also stood up.

 

 

"Mingyu.."

 

 

"Yes Jeon Wonwoo..

 

 

..you are indeed..

 

 

..not worth it."

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: SORRY. YEOROBEUN MIANHAE. TT JEONGMAL MIANHAE.

But that's how I end this story. :(

Anyway, thanks for reading it. And thanks for subscribing. Much love! xoxox

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 Godbless everyone!