하나

혼자/Alone

Sitting in the empty living room, staring blankly ahead, Jonghyun felt like his entire universe had been engulfed by a thick black cloud. To him, it was the end of the world.

Key was gone.

They had argued then Key picked up his phone and keys and left, slamming the door as he did so but not before yelling over his slender shoulder that their relationship was over.

His heart crushed and his cheeks tear stained, Jonghyun sat in the darkness of the room and wept. He cried like he had never cried before, not even when they received the award for Juliette did his tears compare to tonight. They were like a torrent cascading down his masculine features, marking a path with every trickle.

He had tried dozens of times to call Kibum but the stubborn boy just wouldn't answer, refused to even grant him a quick "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" before hanging up again. Jonghyun wished they had never argued in the first place, this was too much. It had only been half a day but it had already been too long. He needed Key.

To be honest, he couldn't really remember what they had argued about in the first place, something stupid probably but obviously way more serious than their usual arguments. Key certainly thought so anyway.

Escaping to his parents house for the forseeable future, Key had decided their relationship was best left behind but Jonghyun had to disagree. He had never felt this strongly about another human being before ever, not even his own parents. Sure, he loved them but it just wasn't the same, Key was his very purpose for everything he did, everything he was. Life without Key wasn't going to be improbable, it was impossible, there was no Bling Bling Jonghyun without Kim Kibum. Living wasn't an option without Key, there was no chance. Jonghyun would merely exist without him, this he knew. Key was his life, his all.

He knew Key felt the same, it would just take him a hell of alot longer to calm down. Once Key was worked up about something, he got fully heated on the subject and wouldn't back down easily as he always had to be right. He also knew that when it came to key, he was very protective and serious about what they had together and wouldn't purposefully do anything to hurt their relationship nor would he let anyone else jeopardize it, not even Jonghyun.

He took comfort in this thought, not much but comfort all the same.

He rubbed his tired red eyes as the light clicked on, illuminating the entire room in seconds, a short, sharp gasp filling the still night air as Onew raced towards the torn figure sitting tightly clasping his knees to his chest on the sofa.

"Jonghyun, are you okay, what happened, oh my god" bumbled out of their band leaders mouth before Jonghyun even had a chance to raise his head from staring at his feet, his new favourite spot to look at on his own anatomy.

The main vocal raised his heavy head, looked directly into Onew's eyes, opened his mouth, squeaked out an undecipherable response and wept again, raising his hands to cover his face.

Onew raised himself from his crouched position on the floor to sit beside Jonghyun and wrap his arms tightly around his waist.

"Ssh, its ok" he softly cooed into his dongsaengs ear but even he wasn't so sure it was going to be okay, not this time, Key had never left Jonghyun so upset before. His stomach did sommersaults at the possiblity that this was the end for JongKey and also the end for SHINee as they knew it. It mattered more to Onew that JongKey could be over, they were his friends, his collegues but more than that, they were his family. It was as obvious as Taemin was born to dance that Key and Jonghyun belonged together, a fool could see it.

A sudden vibration in his pocket tore Onew's mind back into the darkened living room. He pulled gently back from his younger band mate, made his most apologetic face ever and left the room to answer the call. He would kill whoever was on the other line, he needed to be there for his brother right now.

"Yeah?" Onew half asked, half yelled into his phone

"Jinki, its me" a soft, dry sounding voice replied from the other end

"Key, where are you, have you seen Jonghyun, he is in some mess, what the hell happened, you want me to come get you?" as usual Onew fumbled his way around the conversation but got his point across all the same

A nervous gulp was heard on the other end before a small voice spoke back "Actually, i want you to drop my things off at my parents for me, i'm moving out"