The Fifth Son.

The Tyrant King's Wife

Had the marriage proposal from Yi Seong-Gye came earlier, Da-Gyeong would not be counting ‘till the days Haedong Gapjok’s reputation and name stained with the evil deeds of Hong In-Bang. Guilt chewing her insides, as 700 years of history tarnished by her would-be unholy union with his third son.

Overnight, every government official clamours for the clan’s attention. Interest spiking above, each desiring insider scoop to the biggest event in Dodang’s affairs.

The sudden arrival of a member from the Yi Family household takes her by surprise. General Yi’s ventures into politics, relatively new, painted him as a child in the court of scheming and cunning men.

The Yi Family? Actively incurring the wrath of Hong In-Bang?

It’s not within either Yi Seong-Gye’s nature to confront Hong In-Bang, though a man lived with swinging a sword on his hips he may be.

Jeong Do-Jeon himself would not approach their family, but he’s not the right man to marry off his sons.

“It is the fifth son of the General, he is requesting to see you.”

“General Yi brought his son?”

It is the most obvious conclusion. “They are probably asking for the union.”

The effort’s futile. A gesture no longer held any weight or power to change the foregone ending.

Father sighs, like a man be his misfortune, “Now that is hard to do, I am going to go and politely reject.”

No mention of the General, but only his fifth son. Her interest piqued. Why would a fifteen year old boy insisted of meeting her family without his father the General?

Which one are you, General Yi’s fifth son? A boy driven by foolish notions or a boy refusing to recognise defeat?

“It is not right for you, Father, to go and meet a guest that did not even make an appointment. Also, since the family’s son came, so it does not suit your standards for you to go personally. So, I’ll go and politely reject.”