17

A Rewritten Romance

chapter17;

_______________________________________________________________________________   

                                   "Go put a shirt on, Kim Jongin!"

 

 

“Be careful okay? Remember not to climb too high!” Lay reminded before taking the backpack off Eun Jae’s shoulders and placing in onto the bench beside him.

 

 

“Okay Uncle Yixing!” The little boy grinned from ear to ear before running off towards the slide excitedly to join the other young kids playing.

 

 

Smiling at the sight, Lay relaxed back into the bench and continued to watch the boy. He had just picked Eun Jae up from school and it was nearing 5pm. Seeing that the little one had not gotten a chance to go to the playground for the past few days, Lay had decided to bring him there so that he could play along with his other school friends.

 

 

It has already been 5 days since Ji Ae has gone for the trip, and he was getting more and more used to taking care of Eun Jae. From waking up early to send him to school, and to reading him bedtime stories just before he falls asleep. Lay wondered how Ji Ae was able to do all of that so well for the past few years. She’s indeed one of the most independent and capable woman he has ever met.

 

 

“Uncle Yixing! Watch me!”

 

 

Lay turned at the sound of Eun Jae’s voice, watching as the boy slid down the long slide enthusiastically. Smiling, he grinned and gave the little boy a thumbs up impressively, “Good Job, Jae!”

 

 

Eun Jae’s excited smile whenever he plays constantly reminded him of his mother. He looked just like his Ji Ae, reminding him of the times when she would get overexcited at certain things. Speaking about her, he wondered how she was doing. The office was surely different without her as his capable secretary. Ji Ae had not been calling back as frequently for the past few days and he was starting to worry. How are things going between she and that Kim Jongin? Why has she not been calling back oftenly? Surely this one week with Kim Jongin couldn’t have changed Ji Ae’s heart right?
 

 

Lay had to admit that he was worrying for the slightest thing, and it would be what Hana calls him “over-possessive” over Ji Ae. How could he not worry about her?

 

 

“Come and push me, Uncle Yixing! Please?” Eun Jae sang loudly again, interrupting him from his thoughts, “I want to play on the swing!”

 

 

“Are you sure? I’m going to push you really high you know!”

 

 

“I’m not scared!”

 

 

“Eun Jae is a big boy now!”

 

 

 

“Are you almost done packing?”

 

 

Ji Ae was just about to pack more clothes into her luggage, when she turned her head towards the direction of the bathroom, just to see a shirtless Kai walking towards her. Her eyes widened, almost letting out a soft whimper.

 

 

Oh my god.

 

 

Kai had just finished bathing and the only thing covering his lower body was a towel. Ji Ae’s eyes scanned his whole body – his strong defined abs, broad tanned chest, all the way to his handsome gorgeous face. Not forgetting how his fingers were gently running through his damp hair.

 

 

Holy .

 

 

She gulped nervously, stunned at his appearance. What the heck, Kim Jongin was looking just as perfect as before, or even much better. Trying her best not to stare, she quickly adverted her eyes away from his to avoid full eye contact. His body appeared more muscular, clearly a sign that he has been working out frequently. This is the very first time she has seen him shirtless since like, what? 4 years? And boy, does he look at his best.

 

 

“Ji Ae?”

 

 

Jumping slightly at the sound of her name, Ji Ae cleared , quickly pretending to seem busy packing again, “W-Would you please put on a shirt?”

 

 

Deep down, she missed seeing this view.

 

 

“Why? Am I turning you on right now?” Kai chuckled lightly as he slowly approached her, his arms crossed against his chest, “Are you liking what you see?”

 

 

“N-No!” She gasped stuttering, as she looked at him laughing away. This man clearly enjoys driving her crazy.

 

 

Kai could see that her cheeks were on fire again and that made him grin. He couldn’t help but remember the past when she would also always turn shy whenever he appears shirtless infront of her too. Sure he was acting childish now, but he enjoyed teasing her anyway. “Then why won’t you look at me huh?”

 

 

“It’s a little hot in here, isn’t it? Is the air con even on?” She muttered nervously before reaching for the control to turn the temperature down, only to have Kai grab the control away from her grip.

 

 

“Do you see me seriously as a man, Park Ji Ae?” He was pinning her down on the bed, and Ji Ae was just staring blankly at his face that was inches away. Aish this man seriously! He needed to stop getting so near to her whenever he likes!

 

 

“You like to show off your body huh?”

 

 

“It’s because I have good stuff to show!” He said it proudly, internally slapping himself for being this narcissistic.

 

 

“Show it to someone else, it has no effects on me.” Ji Ae lied and looked away, hoping that he would not see through her lie as she bit her inner lip.

 

 

“Are you sure? Kai had that signature smirk on his face before he leaned closer, “But I only want to show it to you and no one else.”

 

 

“Go put a shirt on, Kim Jongin!” She kicked him off the bed without hesitation.

 

 

“Owww.”

 

 

It was their last night here at the resort and the both of them had went up to the rooftop after their dinner to enjoy the great view from high up. Ji Ae almost couldn’t believe that a week with Kim Jongin had just passed like that. It was the final night they were spending together here and how surreal has it already been?

 

 

Kai and Ji Ae sat in comfortable silence, enjoying the cool night breeze that made the atmosphere even nicer. It had an amazing overview the whole place and the night-lights made everything a ton prettier than it already is. The blankets of stars were twinkling brightly from above, and it was an amazing place to be away from the busy reality. It was a perfect way to conclude their trip.

 

 

“I’m going to miss it here,” Kai interrupted the silence, “You’re really excited to go back, aren’t you?”

 

 

Ji Ae glanced sideways to look at him. He didn’t look too pleased saying that, and she could totally understand why. Something about the way he mentioned it made her heart clench. She dropped her gaze, feeling a little guilty. Yes, she was indeed looking forward to return to Korea to see Eun Jae, Lay, and Hana, whom she missed terribly during this whole one week trip. But honestly, she was going to miss the times she had spent with Kim Jongin, which made her slightly disappointed that their trip was coming to an end as well. Because it would mean that she would have no excuse to see him as frequently anymore.

 

 

Yes, he’s her ex. But she had to admit that being with him for this one whole week made her doubt herself once again. This trip had brought back way too many memories. She was even starting getting used to waking up and seeing his handsome face first thing in the morning. It surely reminds her of the times they were dating, when it only used to be just the two of them. Even though she acts all cold and annoyed at him most of the time, she finds herself constantly being reminded about why she has fallen in love with him years ago.

 

 

“You know, I really enjoyed my time here with you. Even though we were just here for business.” Kai admitted with a smile on his lips, his voice not being able to hide his disappointment about having to return back to Korea tomorrow.

 

 

His words brought a small smile to Ji Ae’s face, and she turned to the opposite direction so that he wouldn’t see it. Swinging her legs, she said softly, “I enjoyed myself too.”

 

 

“You did? That’s great.” He looked up to face her excitedly. This trip has surely given them the chance to bond and talk much more, and he was beyond grateful for it. Hearing that Ji Ae had enjoyed her time with him made him, it definitely did surprise him. Afterall, she has been setting her guard against him since day one. But there was surely an improvement. It definitely made him happier seeing that she was willing to even sit next to him, enjoying the skyline tonight.

 

 

“Jongin.”

 

 

“Hmm?”

 

 

“I just want to say thank you. For everything that you have done for me during this trip.” Ji Ae said, smiling slightly, “For giving me the chance to ride horses, buying me dinner, and also for buying gifts for Eun Jae.”

 

 

“Silly girl, you don’t have to thank me,” Kai chuckled lightly, unable to stop the grin from forming on his lips. He felt just like a teenager again, being happy just by hearing the girl he loves thank him, reminding him about their old times, “But maybe I should do more of those, so that you would talk nicely to me? Isn’t it nice? Siting out here together and watching the night sky? Remember how we always used to-“

 

 

Ji Ae rolled her eyes at the man and raised a brow, “There you go again, Kim Jongin.”

 

 

“Why what’s wrong?”

 

 

She sighed before muttering, “Why do you always bring up the past?”

 

 

“Because I want to remind you of the times we spent together.” Kai smiled sheepishly at her, “And just so you remember, I’m still in the process of winning you heart again, Ms Park.”

 

 

Blinking, she stared at him. She knew Kai was straightforward from the start, but what! He knows exactly what to say to make her go speechless.

 

 

“And you know you still owe me a meal right? You lost the competition the other day. When are you going to cook me a meal huh?” He pouted, acting like he was sad, “I really wanna taste your cooking again.”

 

 

“Are you not afraid I’ll poison you?”

 

 

“I don’t really mind. At least I get to eat something you made for me personally.”

 

 

“You’re crazy.” Ji Ae shook her head at him sighing gently.

 

 

“Crazy for you.” Kai replied back with a grin on his face, and Ji Ae felt her heart skip a beat, “And, are you going to miss me after today? You won’t get to see this handsome face of mine after tomorrow, you know.”

 

 

“What a joke..” Ji Ae scoffed lightly and let out a small chortle.

 

 

“Did you just laugh?”

 

 

“Yes, any problem with that?”

 

 

“Big problem.” Kai turned to the lady with a smirk, “Are you still afraid of tickles just like last time?”

 

 

Ji Ae froze, her eyes widening as she looked at Kai cautiously. “No way. You’re not going to-“

 

 

“You better run now, Ms Park.”

 

 

And just like that during that cool breezy night, the rooftop was filled with laughter and voices of the two chasing around the open area. People would have already mistaken them both for lovers.

 

a/n; helloooo <3 hope everyone is having a great weekend! sighs i just started school a few days ago and that would means less frequent updates T__T butttttt i promise that i would still try my best to find time to write so that this story can keep going :~)) anyways pls do continue suppoting it if you're liking it so far, by subscribing, commenting, and upvoting!

deeply appreciate it! thank u for reading! :)

x oh0rats