Chapter 2

The Only One I See

Several months had passed by the time they next meet; it was by chance by one of the broadcasting stations where EXO was filming one of the music shows, and Yoojung was there for a script reading for a new drama. Minseok was the first to recognize her.

“Yoojung Shii!” He yells as he went back a couple of steps to catch up with her. “Long time no see!” He says with a grin.

Long time no see, Minseok Shii.” She says as she bows politely.

“You should call me opal though!” A cheeky grin widening on his face.

She tries to keep a straight face, but a small smile still spills onto her face. “It’s a bit strange because we’re not that…”

“Close?” Minseok smiles crookedly, “We should fix that then! Wait here, I’ll be back in a second!”

 

Minseok disappears for s brief moments and reappears breathless a few moments again with a paper in his hand. He coughs a little as he tries to catch his breath.

“Are you ok?”

“My manager wouldn’t let me go, but I managed to get away.” He replies as he recovers, standing straight again. “Here you go!”

“What is this?”

 

“Xuimin!!!” a new voice shouts.

 

“That’s my manager calling, I got to go ok? Call me when you have a day off ok?” He says once again disappearing.

 

Yoojung takes a look at the little numbers squalled on a piece of paper, a smile playing on her lips.

“Yoojung? They are ready for you.” her manager calls.

“I’m coming!” Yoojung calls as she quickly stuffs the little note in her bag.

 

It wasn't until a snowy day a few weeks later when Yoojung see Minseok at an award show again when Yoojung remembers the little note that she had forgotten. A wave of awkwardness hits her when she accidently makes eye contact with him from across the room. It wasn't that she didn't want to call; she just simply forgot. She smiles and bows and he grins back his cheeks looking puffing out as he waves making her feel guilty. She glances at her manager who was occupied with talking to other managers and quickly walks across the room.

“I am so sorry.”

“For what”

“I really meant to call you but…”

“No! Don't be! It's ok!” Minseok laughs looking away to hide his blushing cheeks but not before Yoojung spots it and gives Minseok and judging look.

“I’m just happy! I thought I was being a bother!” Minseok says defending himself. “Don’t make me say everything out loud!” he mutters making Yoojung laugh.

“Don’t laugh at me!”

“I’m sorry!” she replies still stifling some of her remaining giggles.

“As punishment for not calling me; you should go out with me this weekend.”

Yoojung looks a little surprised.

“It’s not a date right?” she asks slowly laughing it off.

“I am asking you on a date.” he answered seriously.

Yoojung claps her hands over Minseok mouth and looks around to see if anyone heard what Minseok just said. When she saw that everyone else was stuck in their own world but for security purposes she says “I am not allowed to date!” a little louder that necessary before leaning in and whispering “meet you at XX at 10 on Saturday night!” before releasing her hands to reveal a grinning Minseok.

 

Xiumin Arrives at the meeting point exactly on time it was showing quite heavily so he was worried that Yoojung would stand in the snow and get hypothermia or something. He doesn't see her there and so he settles down to wait for her. 10 minutes go past and there is still no sign of her. But he still stood there waiting for her even a full hour later. And he still continued to wait. Only half an hour later (a full 90 minutes later) his phone buzzes.

 

  • I am so sorry filming was going on for too long and now there is traffic because the trains have stopped working. I don't want you to wait so please don't wait for me.

 

Minseok smiled as he types a reply.

 

  • I’ll wait until you come.

 

Yoojung arrives an hour later at the meeting. It was already way past midnight now and there was no one on the street anymore. Yooyung looked around and saw no sign of Minseok. She sighs “I rushed here for no reason”

She was about to leave when she saw Minsoek running towards her.

“You came!” he says happily as he hands her a cup of hot chocolate.

“It’s so cold today, but I am so glad you came. “Of course you wait you wouldn't leave.”

“I was being stubborn wasn't I?”

“At least you now know.”

“Let go home now.” says suddenly.

“What u just got here?”

“I am not going to drag you around with me in the cold so late at night. I’m satisfied with just seeing you.”

Minseok made sure she got home safely.

“Good night!”


Author Note: Sorry for not updating for so long but I have been having trouble witht this story but don't worry I will be working hard to complete it soon!