Chapter 1

The Only One I See

“Miss Kim?” A nurse calls from the doctor’s room.

Yoojung follows the nurse’s voice into the room where the doctor sat behind a long table.

“Good morning Miss Kim. How may I help you today?” The doctor asks with a small smile.

“Well Doctor, I have been having trouble with my eyes…”

Yoojung walks up the hill with her manager to the mansion where today’s shoot was taking place. It’s not the first time that Yoojung has been on site but she felt extra nervous, even her manager took notice. “You’ll be fine.” He says reassuringly. Yoojung smiles a little, but the butterflies in her stomach wouldn’t settle down. Although Yoojung wouldn’t admit it, her nervousness was probably caused by her partner in this shoot; the popular idol, Xuimin. She has seen him a couple of times and although he wasn’t the first person to catch her eye, as soon as she heard that he was going to be the male lead and her love interest in the music video shoot, her eyes would linger on his face a second longer whenever she saw the group performing. Although she would deny it if she was asked about it, she secretly can’t help but feel jittery whenever she thought about him.

They were almost at the top of the hill when her manager starts calling out to acquaintances walking faster and letting Yoojung trail behind slightly, deeply in thought, so lost in thoughts that she lost her footing. He hands failing around as she tries to recover her balance when a steady arm steadied her.

“Are you ok?” The face that has been plaguing her heart smiles at her worryingly.

Yoojung was feeling just as nervous as she did that day, except this was for an entirely different reason, she follows the nurse to another room filled with different equipments.

“Please have a seat.” The nurse says pointing to a chair in front of one of the big white machines.

“Please put your chin over hear and lean your forehead forward.” The nurse says as she adjusts the machine.

“Ok please keep your eyes open and focus your vision on the X.”

Yoojung nods awkwardly with her chin still on the chin rest and opens her eyes widely as there is a blindingly bright light flashes into her eye.

It was a cool autumn day that day, but the sun was still shining brightly into Yoojung’s eye as she looks up at the pixie like features of the person holding her up.

“Xuimin Shii, the director wants to talk to you about the next scene.” One of the assistants yells from the set.

“I’ll be right there!” He replies before turning back to Yoojung. “Are you ok?” He repeats.

Yoojung snaps out of her trance, she quickly straightens herself, “Yes, thank you very much, Xuimin Shii.”

“Call me Minsoek.” He says as he waves and jogs away to find the director.

A few moments later Yoojung joins him on the set. She goes with her manager to greet their director. Minsoek was on set currently shooting some solo scenes.

“CUT!” The director says into the megaphone as make up artist and stylists rush on set to fix Minsoek’s clothing.

“Yoojung shii, Could we please do the scene where u and Xuimin Shii sneak out.”

“No problem.” Yoojung smiles as she goes to the changing room and puts on the navy sweater and matching floral skirt. The make-up artist does some light touch ups as the hair stylist curls her hair slightly. She goes out after quickly going over what she was supposed to do in her head. She closes her eyes and takes a few deep breathes before she steps onto the set. She opens her eyes to find Minseok smiling kindly at her, his hand outstretched. Yoojung takes his hand as is surprised as Minseok pulls her closer to him and leans down by her ear, “Don’t be nervous Yoojung Shii, the director is really nice.” With those simple words, Yoojung’s nervousness melted away, giving way to the excitement of working with Minseok.

The scene goes well, Minseok helping her as she acted out her role and from Minseok’s perspective she was helping him. The next scene was the part where she has to touch Minseok’s face, and something in her heart jolted ask her fingertips moved over his distinct facial features. To Yoojung it felt like she was memorizing his face with her fingers. As Minseok moved her hand to his heart, Yoojung felt like she was holding his heart in her hands.

“Cut.”

And with that short word, the magic was broken and Yoojung looked away. Little did she know, Minseok was having trouble controlling his heart, the feeling of her touch on his face still lingering on his cheek.