Learning

Finding Happiness

The group sat in a row of chairs, but grew silent as the PD instructed them to begin. GD barely noticed as Andy toed the edge of Bomi’s shoe.

“So, Ji Yong-ssi,” Bomi began suddenly, “what do you think of our Andy?”

He blinked at her; this felt very familiar. “She’s very nice.”

“Obviously. What else?”

GD smiled that Bomi had been given Seungri’s job. “Let’s see, she’s kind and pretty and warm and I enjoy making her blush and she’s strong and a good cook and thoughtful and-“

“Alright, alright, enough,” Bomi laughed. “What about you? Is there anything we should know?”

“Err… I’m lazy when I don’t have to work?” he answered uncertainly, not prepared for that question.”

“I see. And you’re currently single, of course?”

“No, I’m married,” he replied straight-faced and gestured towards Andy.

Bomi narrowed her eyes at him, but addressed Andy. “I see what you mean; he is a good talker. A little too smooth for my taste. I prefer more of the bumbling idiot type.” She patted Joon’s forearm.

“Hey!” he complained, but wrapped an arm around her.

“So, when do I get to see you skate?” Andy cut in.

Ji Yong groaned. He had really hoped she’d forgotten about that. Joon chuckled and produced a pair of skates from underneath his seat. Smiling, Andy accepted them and knelt at his feet. He had to admit, he liked the way she helped him put them on and laced them up for him.

He was wobbly when he stood, balanced on the thin blade covers. Andy’s grip on his forearms helped, but he still felt several falls were imminent.

She led him slowly to the ice, taking off both of their covers while Joon supported him from the back. It was nice of him, and quite helpful, but the large man made him feel small, weak, and uncoordinated. He sighed, knowing, in comparison, he was exactly all of those things.

“Ready?” she asked kindly, holding his forearms firmly.

“No,” he answered with a smile, but followed her onto the ice.

Not two seconds later, his left foot went wide and he clutched tightly to her, nearly knocking them both down with a loud, “!”

Relieved that Andy only laughed as she helped him straighten up, GD couldn’t help but feel embarrassed.

“I have a feeling, they’re going to have to edit the audio heavily today,” she confided, guiding him slowly forward.

They made half a circle around the rink before either of them spoke again.

“You’re doing great,” she encouraged. “But, your ’s sticking out.”

“What?” Was she just teasing him? Nope, he realized he was leaning pretty far forward. Carefully, he straightened and then panicked at how close their feet were and fell backwards, dragging Andy with him. “! Sorry.”

Again, she just chuckled, climbing easily off of his chest and onto her feet.

“Getting up’s a bit tricky at first. Turn your foot a little.” She moved his feet for him and braced them against her own. “Now, and this is important, eyes up. On me. Don’t look at your feet.”

Feeling a tad helpless, Ji Yond did as instructed and made it wobbily to his feet.

“You’re okay?”

“I’m fine.” He took a deep breath and slid his hands from her biceps to forearms.

“This time, stay up straight, bend your knees just a bit, and keep your eyes up.”

“But-“

She air through her teeth in a thoroughly Korean fashion. Heeding the scolding, he did his best. However, his eyes kept drifting down to the ice.

“We’re too close,” he breathed as their skates moved dangerously near each other.

“No, we’re not. Don’t worry and keep your eyes up.”

“But-“

“Just trust me. I’ll keep you safe, even if we fall.”

He looked up into her warm, confident eyes and tried to relax. Circling the rink a few times, despite numerous close calls and lots of loud cursing, they only fell once more. Ji Yong landing heavily on top of the soft woman. He immediately came up to his hands and knees over top of her.

“Sorry! I’m sorry! Are you okay?”

“Oh, my ,” she complained with a grin. “You’re heavier than you look.”

He could feel his cheeks and ear heating up, as he hurried to crawl, so that he no longer hovered over her.

After a while, when GD was finally able to move slowly without help, they stopped and got drinks.

“There’s something I want you to try,” Andy began. “It’ll be fun if you can relax.”

“You’re making me nervous,” he confessed.

“Let Joon spin you.”

“S-spin me?”

“Yeah. I’ll show you how first.”

He watched silently as the two cross-gripped their hands and began to spin incredibly fast. When they slowed to a stop, both were smiling. Andy glided effortlessly over to him and took his hand.

“It’s fun, I promise.”

“Can’t you spin me?”

She made a face at him and shook her head. “Joon can take you faster. You said you like speed. Besides, I played with your friends, you should play with mine.”

“What if I throw up?” he whispered.

She laughed, leading him to the bigger man’s side. Reluctantly, he held onto Kim Tae Joon’s large, strong hands, again feeling small and weak; the man just wasn’t good for Ji Yong’s confidence. He tried to relax as Andy physically put his body into the proper position.

“Hold your body in tight and don’t let go,” she said with a smile and ruffled his hair, before quickly stepping back.

He clenched his jaw as the world began to spin. GD almost closed his eyes, but instead kept them narrowed as he spun in tight circles, strong hands anchoring him. After a moment, he felt like cheering; Andy was right, it was fun once he calmed down.

As they slowed to a stop, Andy moved forward to steady him as he wobbled. Placing an arm around his waist, she let him lean into her as she lightly patted his belly. He was smiling as he released Joon and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“That was great!” he gushed, breathless.

“Told you.”

“I should stop doubting you,” he agreed.

“Obviously.”

They grinned at each other, and Joon slowly skated backwards, away from them with his eyebrows raised.

“What are you doing?” Andy asked suspiciously when she noticed that he was halfway to the opening.

“Looked like you two might want some privacy,” he teased.

GD rubbed his neck uncomfortably. Honestly, he had been thinking it was a good time for a second kiss, but she was already scoffing and released his waist. He took a deep breath and followed the other two off of the ice. Pleased that Andy didn’t ignore him after being teased, but instead helped him replace the blade covers, he smiled and tugged gently on her braid.

“Oh, they’re too cute,” Bomi gushed.

“Let’s wrap it up,” the PD called from the side.

Ji Yong returned the skates to Tae Joon with a bow, and said his goodbyes. He left for the exit and waited for the call to come back, that the cameras had stopped rolling.

Entering the room again, he trotted down the stairs to where both Joon and Bomi were pulling out the back of Andy’s shirt to see her shoulder. The man gently poked at it, then jogged away.

“You’re okay?” GD asked, reaching them. From his position, he had a clear view down the back of her shirt, to where a massive bruise was forming.

“Fine. Just icing again,” Andy said calmly.

“Doesn’t it hurt?”

“It’s a little sore; I’ll be fine.”

“Seriously Andy, with your pain tolerance, you’ll be able to pop out twins and go back to work the next day,” Bomi marveled in English.

Andy laughed. “Why am I having twins? Don’t work your dark magic on me, Lady.”

The staff began nagging about interviews almost immediately. Ji Yong ended up alone in the office while the other three stayed together, near the ice. Answering the dull, obvious questions, his attention wavered when he saw the stacks of mail addressed to Andy. There were five stacks, two of which had frown-faced sticky notes on the top.

Interview complete, he waited until the crew left, and then approached the envelopes. Already feeling guilty, he opened one from the labeled pile and bit his lip as he read it. He hoped Andy wasn’t familiar with that foul language directed at her. Worried, he read a few more, all much the same. Calling her derogatory names based on everything from her looks to her nationality, her weight to her personality; pointing out the many ways that they thought her too lacking for their oppa.

Feeling terrible, he replaced the letters and opened a couple from the two unlabeled stacks. He breathed easier, that these were still his fans, but they were mostly complimentary. These notes said that they were cute together and one girl had taken an interest in skating because of Andy. The final stack had yet to be opened. As he ran a finger over the sparkly sticker of one, the door opened behind him.

“Ji Yong-ssi?”

“Yes?” He turned to face Kim Tae Joon, whose eyes were on the letters.

“The show’s crew is leaving.” He frowned, meeting Ji Yong’s eyes. “Did you look?”

For one second, he considered lying, but the other man didn’t appear angry, but concerned.

“Yes. You’ve read them?”

“A few. She shows me the really nice ones.”

“She opens them all herself?”

“Yeah. She thinks since they each took the time to write them, she should take the time to read them.”

“Some were really awful,” GD confessed.

“Yeah.”

“They’re my fans.”

“I know.”

“Makes me feel like .”

Joon chuckled. “Good. If it didn’t bother you, I’d say you’re a jerk.”

Ji Yong tried to smile, but couldn’t quite manage.

“Look, I know you don’t know Andy that well yet. And she looks all soft and squishy like one harsh word and she’ll burst into tears. But truthfully, she’s seriously tough. You don’t have to worry about her. Plus, she has plenty of self-esteem; working hard and accomplishing your dreams will do that for a person.”

GD nodded, following Joon out, feeling slightly better.

“Besides, most of those letters attacked her weight, which is ridiculous. She’s cut.”

Ji Yong gave a genuine laugh this time. “That so?”

Joon puckered his handsome face and nodded. “Bomi says it’s disgusting.” He laughed.

They joined the two women as the last of the crew exited.

“Are you coming over now, or going home first?” Bomi asked.

“I’ll just ride straight there with you,” Andy answered, gathering her things.

“Hurry up and shower, then; I’m hungry.”

“There’s a shocker,” Joon mumbled, but the way his wife glared, she must have heard him.

“You too, go wash off the stink,” she directed.

“And leave you alone with G Dragon? That doesn’t sound like a man who values his marriage.”

GD laughed as a wet towel slapped onto the taller man’s face.

“Fine, fine. I love you, I trust you. I love you, I trust you,” he continued to repeat as he left for the locker room, raising his voice to be heard.

“And you?” she asked.

“I already showered.” He grinned when she laughed. “Can I bring a friend?”

“Absolutely. We’ll be expecting you in about an hour. Here, I wrote the address out earlier.”

“Thank you. I’ll be seeing you soon.” He bowed and made his way out, calling Young Bae. “Young Bae-ah, you free tonight?”


A/N: Geez where have I been? School's coming to an end and my daughter's birthday is on Wednesday, so my house has been a bit chaotic, hopefully it'll settle soon.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment!