Reminiscence

Memories

                                                                                                    Image result for wedding bouquet red roses     

This is a LONG chapter!!!

Im giving it you all as a gift for not updating so frequently ~ ^^

but please dont expect something of this length everytime!

It just... wont happen :p

 

WARNING: Rated T for slight suggestive content...I guess

*********************************************************************************************

Amber POV:

Walking through the glass double doors of the main building of the Wu Corpiration (Korean branch), Amber bowed as she greeted the doorman and desk receptionists. And they greeted back, a surge of warmth flowing through them from Ambers bright morning grin. Greeting some of her co-workers in the elevators, she chatted briefly about the exciting events to come. "Amber, are you ready", one of them said, "The new CEO is coming in today...". Amber nodded, she was as ready as she'll ever be. The man shook his head, sighning, "Seriously Amber, I dont know how your so calm. Even you will have trouble dealing with someone like him! And to be his personal secretary?!". Amber smiled and shrugged her shoulders slightly. The rumors that had flung around about Wu Yi Fan, the grandson of the founder of the Wu Corporation this past week was definetly entertaining. But all in all, the facts were even more astounding. Their new CEO had just come back to Seoul after studying in America for years to take over his family business. And he was said to be a man who could cut flesh with just his glare.

But Amber didnt mind all of that, she didnt even care if he was a demon spawn.

She was just a secretary and he was just her boss.

Thats all there was to it.

Brushing down her white button up shirt and black pants, Amber walked out the elevator and into the buzzing office of the top floor. The co-worker behind her stared at her in awe, wondering again what kind of woman Amber was. Running up to catch up to her while she greeted everyone, the man just had to ask the question he had asked her almost everyday, "Seriously Amber, how do you do it?". At the question she suddenly stopped and turned back at him with a small smile, "I just..do." she said, as she walked off to her private office that was directly next to the much larger empty office of her future boss.

Hanging her blazer behind her chair, Amber plopped down onto her cushioned seat, a sudden wave of exhaustion washing over her after the usual morning question. Leaning her head into her hands, Amber closed her eyes. She had been asked this question for 5 years now but she wasnt getting anymore used to it. It was always the same thing: "How could you work here since such a young age?", "How can you be so calm?", and "How did you become so mature so fast!". But these traits she had gained were not inborn.  It was only out of necessity that she had became like this.

Leaning back into the headrest, she looked up at the ceiling, the sound of raindrops countinuing to echo in her ears as she remembered.

                                                                 

Even after all these years, she could still recollect every single detail about him. It was a memory she had scorched into her heart and mind

The way he strongly smelled like a perfume she didnt know the name of until he told her it was his favorite and coincedently had the same name as her, Roja Dove Amber Aoud Absoulte Perfume. The way he would hold his cigaratte in his left hand, almost like a child held a lollipop. How everytime he would smile, his right eyebrow would arch just slightly higher than his left. 

She especially remembered how his voice softened everytime he called out to her, "Josepheine". He was the only one that called her by her middle name. A name she had now grown to flinch at whenever she heard it.

Not because she still held lingering feelings for him, but from a sadness and pain that had grown into anger. 

 

His name was Yi Yao.

 

He was a tall, slender man with sleek dark brown hair, a high nose bridge, and pink lips. Just one glance and you could tell he was a classy man. His every step emitted a sense of grace and elegance. And perhaps that was what had drawn the naive, 19 year old Amber to him. Or maybe it was the way he treated her differently than any other man had done before. It was the first time a guy had treated her like a girl.

And maybe that was why she foolishly took his sweet words and actions as true love.  

                                                                      *********************

                      

It was a friday afternoon of her sophmore year of college, back when she still lived in the U.S. The school bell had barely rung when Amber had bolted out the building, jumping over the campus fence, and getting scolded by the security guard. Amber grinned, "Sorry but Im in a hurry!" she said as she balanced on top her skateboard and rode off. Overall, she was a good student, as a matter a fact, she was the top student of her major. However, her bleached hair and boy uniform shorts often mislead others to beleive she was a deliquent. But Amber didnt really mind as long as she was able to make friends with everyone. Amber looked over at the watch around her wrist then quickened her pace. Her aunt had texted her that she had to reach home early today because they had urgent news for her. Now Amber wasnt really sure what it was about but she knew it must have been important if her aunt had texted her in the middle of her class time.

Her aunt and uncle had taken Amber in a few years ago after her parents had passed away in a plane crash. They were the high society type of people that expected everthing to be proper and thought in the typical old fashioned way. Amber had never felt very close to them. It wasnt as if she didnt try to please them, in fact, she has been trying for years now. From buying her aunt and uncle presents using the money she earned from part time jobs to treating them and loving them like they were her own parents. But she had never really feel them give her that same warmth. Maybe it was because Amber didnt fit the standards for the orthodox 'young rich proper lady, the heir to millions'. But Amber didnt want to change her choppy hair and scars for anything, she liked herself for who she was. Even still, she wanted to be a filial niece because she was grateful that they had taken her under their custody for these past years.  

Reaching the large English styled estate that had once been owned by her parents and now belonged to her, the gate guard opened the door. Amber waved at him quickly as she zoomed into her house-er mansion, greeted by the sight of a woman wearing a deep blue dress with pearls hanging from her neck and a man in a gray suit with spectacles sitting on a laced sofa, a floral teacup in their hands. "Youre finally here..." her aunt said, her usual expression of displeasure set on her face. Amber smiled sheepishly, expecting nothing more from her, "So whats the news?" she asked as she took a seat, after carefully removing her shoes and sliding into her slippers. Her uncle spoke up first, "A wonderful proposal has come in for Amber." he said, setting the teacup and saucer down.

"A marriage proposal."

Choking on her peach jasmine tea and staining her white uniform shirt, she looked up at them in utter disbeleif. "WHAT?!" she exclaimed, barely even processing what was just said to her. Her aunt and uncle looked back at her calmly, "Yes, a marriage proposal." they relpied,  as if it was the most natural thing in the world. "But I JUST turned 19!" she exclaimed, her hands flailing around her. 'Marriage? What marriage?! Are you kidding me?!' she thought, even the idea of it seemed prepostrous to her. She was suppose to get her degree in a few years and become an enviormental scientist...she didnt even have her first boyfriend yet! But her aunt and uncle looked at her unaffected, "He is a very wealthy business man from overseas and he is intrested in finding a bride. Think of the riches that will come in our hands Amber.", they said, a smile of excitment growing on their faces. Amber ran her fingers through her blonde cropped hair in frustration, a headache starting to form. She had always knew about her aunt and uncles love for money, but using this method as a way to earn it?! She stood while shaking her head, "No, no, no, I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED!" she said, about to walk up to her room in hopes of ending the possibilty right there.

But her aunt suddenly stood up, her hands folded in front of her. " Have you possibly forgotten who it was that took custody over you?" Amber stopped in her tracks as her aunt continued, "If it wasnt for us, you would have ended up in some orphanage". Her heels clicking against the polished white floor as she walked up to Amber, "After all we've done for you, you cant even do this much for us?". Ambers eyes widen, her aunt and uncle had never asked for anything from her until now...was that on purpose or...? 'But marriage!?' she thought, 'I cant get married to a stranger!!!'. "This how you can repay us for all we've done Amber" her aunt said, her voice more soft as she laid a hand on her shoulder. Amber snapped her head up and looked at her aunts hand resting on her. Her aunt had never shown any type of affectionate physical contact before and Amber couldnt help but feel something warm in her heart. It was the only time they had ever asked her for anything...was she even allowed to say no? Hesitantly, she looked back and forth at her aunt and uncle, "Just give me more time and then Ill let you know..." she said, her voice barely above a whisper. Her aunt and uncled exchanged glances as her aunt pulled away from her, "Alright, alright. Lets stop for today shall we? Why dont you go freshen up?" she said, indicating to a maid to bring Amber up to her room. Letting out a sigh of relif, she trudged up the room and sunk into the steaming bath.

Marriage? 

Her?  

If someone had ever told her she could be getting married before today, she would have literally laughed in their faces and told them to go home to rest. But here she was, actually conteplating just that. She knew she wasnt ready for something like that, she had never even considered marriage, pushing off the idea to deal with after she had gotten a job. But how could she refuse her aunt and uncle, epecially since they had taken her in when she was left alone? Amber sighned, suddenly remembering what her friend Ailee had said to her a few days ago. She had been scolding Amber during lunch about her being too nice to people. "People are going to take advantage of you!" she had said, butAmber just brushed it off. 

'Wait no, this isnt just some people! This is my aunt and uncle! How can I refuse aunt and uncle, epecially since they had taken me in when I was left alone?' And with that thought, she knew what her answer would be in the end. Even if her head and heart were screaming no, she knew she would eventually agree. Amber plunged herself into her tub, feeling the water cradle her body; she'll tell them tommorow. She was going to be a fillial child, wasnt that the right thing to do?

                                                                         ----------------------

The footsteps, ruffling of clothes, and the distant sound of water running woke Amber up the next day. Her hair was sticking in all directions and she couldnt help but squint groggily at all the activity going around her bedroom. "Um...Min whats happening?" her voiced cracked, getting the attention of the maid next to her who was currently ironing her clothes. Her name was Min, she has been Ambers friend since they were young and was the only maid closest to her age. She had been with her basically her whole life, for the goods and bads, and Amber considered her as her older sister. Min didnt look up from her ironing and Amber could immediatly tell something was wrong. "Min, whats going on?" she asked more firmly, all the sleepiness gone from her. Mins eyes flickered up then went straight back down to the only dress Amber had in her closest. "We're going have a guest..." she said, her voice barely over a whisper. Amber didnt miss the way her fingers tapped the iron, just like when they were younger when she became scared during thunderstorms. "Min!" Amber urged, not liking where this was going at all, "WHO is the guest?".

"Y-your husband to be..."

                                                                         ----------------------

Everything was happening quickly, too quickly, much too quickly and Amber wished she could just scream to make it stop. The maids had scrubbed her with scented oils, going over the scars she got from skateboarding and replaced her headphones with jewels. When she stood in front of the mirror, the primed heiress that stared back made her cringe. Scarlet silk flowed around her small curved waist and her toned arms were revealed by the sleeveless dress. Amber couldnt beleive this was happening. It was only yesterday that she had decided to agree and she hadnt even told her aunt and uncle about it, but now the man was coming here! Her aunt and uncle didnt want an answer from her, they were deciding themselves! 'Or they knew I would say yes regardless...' she thought, walking to Min who stood near the staircase. But it didnt matter anymore, the man was already here, waiting downstairs. "What am I going to do?" her voice quivered as Min held her hands. Min shook her head, eyes glazed over. She couldnt save Amber from this, not this. 

Taking in a shaky breath, Amber put on her best mask of serenity, and slowly started to descend the stairs. She could feel multiple eyes on her as she came down, trying not to trip over her heels. And even as she made herself to the livingroom, she didnt look up at the strangers in her home. "Amber darling !" her aunt cooed, draping an arm of diamonds around her. Amber internally winced when she heard 'darling', her aunt had never called her that before. "Come sit here sweetie!" her uncle crooned, patting the cushion beside him. Again, a new name to flich at. She heard the voice of a young female from her right, presumably the mans sister, "Oh, shes absoulutly stunning! Just looks at how that blonde hair goes with the red!". "T-thank you" Amber said, trying to make her voice come out as clear as she could. The young woman giggled and Amber took a quick second to look at her. She was quite beautiful, with thick black wavy hair that reached her back and full lips that were stained a bright red. She had on a strapless dark purple dress and layers of diamonds hanging past her neck. She looked to be a few years older than Amber. "Our parents are at a very important bussiness meeting overseas and send their apologizes for not being here. Fortunatly, they trust my judgement so I shall be their stand in.", the young woman said. The rambling began to blend in together as the young woman, her aunt and uncle began to talk and Amber found herself blocking it all. Holding her hands tight together, her mind was blank and she was beginning to feel suffocated.  "Amber! Amber!" her aunt called out for who knows how long. "Oh yes auntie?" she looked up, snapping out of her daze.

"Why dont you show Yi Yao around the gardens?"

she said, a hand on Ambers knee. 'Yi Yao? Who is...oh...' she thought, snapping her head back down again at the realization. "O-okay auntie." she said, hesitently getting up and walking out the living room. Hearing the footsteps behind her, she opened the doors to the backporch and stepped into the fresh air. And beyond her back porch was her most favorite place on Earth, her mothers garden. Her mother loved roses, so her father had planted a rose garden that stretched for miles, filled with roses of every color. But Ambers favorite had always been the red ones, simply because it was her favorite color and it reminded her of her childhood when her dad used to gift her a single, handgrown, red rose every birthday. But now the garden and flowers were there as a place to remind Amber of her parents. She was taking this stranger, this man...no her soon-to-be husband to her favorite place. Stopping at a white gazebo in the middle of the garden, Amber sat down and felt the man sit beside her. 'What was his name again...ah Yi Yao' she thought, staring at her hands once again.

"Im sorry if my sister Mei seemed kinda pushy..." a voice rang out. Amber stiffened as the voice continued, "She has a very commanding personality. Dont worry, it tires me out too". And desipte all else, Amber couldnt help but smile, almost laugh at his comment. The man- er Yi Yao shuffled beside her,

"I know this seems sudden but...I hope you can at least give us a try..."

his said more softly. She felt her knuckles turn white from how tightly she was gripping her own hands, the suggestion he made sinking into her. She had never even though of that yet.

Us?

Marriage was already a huge deal but...love?

Amber had never fallen in love before.

Sure, she had silly crushes when she was younger (she was convinced she was going to marry Orlando Bloom), but she had never once given her whole heart to someone. A sudden thought popped in her head, 'Was this maybe...destiny?'. This arrangement was made to please her aunt and uncle...but maybe if she gave it a try, she might agree to it by her own will. A sudden flutter at the bottom pit of her stomch alarmed her, could it really happen? Well, as she always said, you'll never know until you tried. "O-okay" she said, barely nodding her head. She heard a soft laugh beside her, making her cheeks become lightly pinked. "Okay, then will you at least look at me?" Yi Yao said, turning his body fully to her. Nibiling lightly on her bottom lip, she felt her heart hammer against her ribs. Ever so slowly, she looked up through her eyelashes and at the figure in front of her. She gasped slightly, taking in his handsome features all at once. And who could blame a 19 year old girls heart from fluttering at the sight of a well put together, gentleman, looking man? She felt her face become pink as she looked down at her lap again, a sudden feeling of shyness she had never felt before. After a few moments of silence, she noticed the light pitter patter of rain on the roof of the gazebo, the sunny day suddenly filling with gray clouds. "Wait what the-?! Its raining?!" she exclaimed, her sudden voice breaking through the silence. After noticing, she couldnt help but feel sheepish, geez, why was she always so loud, and at such weird timing?! Yi Yao laughed lightly beside her. And maybe it was because of the whole ridicoulsness of the day, but Amber couldnt help but join in, feeling the pressure in her heart loosen... just a bit.

                                                                      -----------------------

For the next few days, Yi Yao visited her, hanging out with her in the gardens. She showed him around, rambling about each breed of rose. And maybe it was because she was a natural social butterfly, but the akawardness from the first day lifted as quickly as it came. Without her realising it, she began to open herself more up to him. She was even laughing and smiling around him. His presence caused a warmth in her heart, one that she had never experinced before and she found herself exctied to spend time with him. And by the end of the week, she had considered him to be a friend.  

But as the days went by, her aunt had begun to pester her more and more about the marriage. Shed ask if she had fallen in love yet and kept praising Yi Yao over and over. Shed say that he was such a gentlemen, the perfect man for her, and how lucky she was. And as Amber saw the smile on Yi Yaos face everyday, her thoughts began to echo her aunts.

On the second week, Yi Yao had texted her to come down to the garden one evening for a suprise. Curious and always the one to love suprises, Amber rushed down the stairs and outside. Wandering the garden for a while, she came across something that made her gasp. A flower path that stretched all the way to the gazebo, made of rose petals. Red rose petals. Amber felt her heart fill with nothing but happiness as she gently took a step on the petals. Carefully, she followed the red, climbing up the steps to the gazebo. Waiting for her inside was a table filled with something she had been craving for weeks (but couldnt get a hold of because of her aunt), burritos! She laughed at the choice of food that looked so out of place on the laced tablecloth and intricate china. But her laughter was quickly silenced and instead replaced with a blush when Yi Yao stepped out from the other side of the gazebo, in one hand, a bundle of at least a hundred red roses. A gasp escaped out of her as she covered in suprise. Oh yeah, this was definetly a suprise. Taking the wrapped banquet in her hands, a wide smiled graced her face as she bounced on her toes, "I got flowers! Im a girl who got flowers!". She didnt care if she looked insane at that moment because Amber felt close to delrious. She got flowers! It was the first time in her life a boy had given her flowers. No one had ever done that for her before, people just always assumed that because of her boyish looks and charms that she didnt like things such as flowers and stuffed animals. But here she was with a whole bunch, she was a girl who received flowers! She only stopped twirling around when she caught sight of Yi Yao and stilled. His silloute was surrounded by the the sun, making it look like he had just descended from the skies. His eyes were looking at her in a way she had never seen them, soft and intense. He was looking at her as if she was the most precious- 'No! What am I thinking!?' she snapped out of her trance, shaking her head slightly. This was not a Shakspearean play nor a sunday morning drama ! Why would he ever even think of her that way!? Urgh, her aunt was getting in her head! Amber turned to look up at Yi Yao, wishing the color in her cheeks to just evaporate. "T-this was really cool..." she stuttered, mentally slapping her forehead. 'Cool? Seriously Amber?!' she thought, not daring to look up at the man walking closer to her. She heard him chuckle, "Thats exactly how I wanted it to be...cool." he said, amusement in his voice. Amber gave him a strained smile, suddenly noticing the distance between them, and practically dived into her seat. "Um...shall we eat then?" she exclaimed, desperatly wanting to change the subject. Without waiting she bit into her warm burrito, looking any where but him. But her heart beat didnt slow down, even after she finished her meal. Yi Yao looked at her expectantly when she cleared her voice and Amber tried not to melt from under his gaze. "Thank you..." she said, her voice barely over a whisper, "No ones ever done something like this...for me". Yi Yao tilted his head to the side, revealing his pearly whites and Amber swore her heart would combust,

"Well then, I guess I'll do it more often." 

he said, returning to the wrap on his plate. But Amber had gone still, his words echoing in her mind. He- did he mean...? She could have sworn vapor was rising from her cheeks as the promise in his words resounded in her. Nibiling her bottom lip, she felt a warm surround her whole. She was happy. So happy.

Engaging in a light conversation as they finished off with dessert, many thoughts in Ambers mind blossomed, one of them bigger than the rest.

'Yi Yao...I think Im falling for you...'

                                                                    -------------------------

The third week was a rush. A rush of feelings Amber had never felt in her life and a rush of events that she could have never imagined. On Monday evening, her aunt came up to her while Amber had just gotten out the shower, a white and gold embroided paper in her hand. Laying a hand on her knee, she sat next to Amber on her bed and handed her the paper. Opening it, she look throught the gold scripted words and her eyes became wide. "Auntie!! I-" she began, panic rising from her. But she was cut off by her aunt, "Amber, you obviously like him and he feels the same way about you. So why waste more time?". Amber shook her head, "B-but its too fast!" she said, starting to feel a bit dizzy. "No its not. You know Yi Yao is going on a business trip next week, so this is the perfect time! And HE is the one that gave me the idea to get married quickly! That means he loves you so much!" her aunt urged, holding on to Ambers wrists. "Auntie, I just figured out my feels for him! It doesnt mean I want to marry him! And I've only known him for two weeks!" she exclaimed. But her aunt only held her wrists tighter, her voice becoming more firm. "Amber Josepheine Liu. If you have any love for your Uncle and I, you will marry Yi Yao this week." she said, getting up and walking out the room before Amber could protest, leaving her alone in storm of confusion.

                                                                       ----------------------

In two days, her aunt had everything planned. From the flowers, to the matching table clothes, to the appeatizers, and the buffet. Even her dress was all picked out and ready to go. Her aunt had insisted she wore a dress over the suit Amber had always thought she'd wear for this day. Guests that could make it on a short notice were limited, even Yi Yaos parents, who were still on their business trip, were not going to be able to come. But Amber didnt complain TOO much, after all, this was all they could do within such a short period of time before Yi Yao went over seas.  

Amber couldnt believe this.

Never in a million years did she think something like this was going to happen.

 

She was getting married.

MARRIED.

 

To the first man she ever fallen in love with.

Other girls would only dream of something like this happening to them, but here she was, doing just that. She had read online about people getting married to complete strangers and livinging a happy life....at least she could say she loved the man she was marrying. Still, she couldnt help but be wary of all this, it was natural for her. Sure she was impulsive on lots of things (like that one time she went sky diving without checking on her parachute- it turned out okay), but not marriage! To Amber, marriage had always been something you plan out and decide on, not only using your heart but your head. It was an everlasting bond you made to another person for the rest of your life. Her friends had teased about this, calling her old fashioned. Amber had grown up seeing the loving, beautiful bond between her parents and therefore always dreamed of having something exactly like them. She just wished she had a bit more time to get know Yi Yao (if it was up to her than at least an year of dating him!). But with her aunts and uncles constant urging and pressuring, reminding her of how they took her in when she was alone, Amber decided to give in.  

Besides...she trusted Yi Yao.

She trusted him.

She trusted the warmth behind his brown eyes when he looked at her. She trusted his sturdy arms that caught her when she almost tripped down the stairs from excitment. She trusted the way he would put his cigar down and give her a fond smile whenever she was talking, showing her that she had all his attention. He was a mature genteman and she was an immature, boyish girl...but its okay, she trusted him.

And above all else, she really truly loved him, and thats all that really mattered.

                                                                      ---------------------

"Josephine? Are you okay?" Yi Yao asked, his voice just soft enough for only Amber to hear over the priests chanting. Amber looked up at and nibbled at her bottom tainted gloss lip, shaking her head. "Yes... Im...Im happy." she whispers back, looking through her lashes, her face aglow with joy. Yi Yao smiled back at her, releif in his eyes, "Me too..." he said. Each and every word that came out the priests mouth resounded in her as she looked up at her soon-to-be husband.

Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?

Amber felt tears gather at the corner of her eyes as she looked at Yi Yao, the love she had for him brimmed at her heart. She was going to be a part of a family from this day forth. A family with  Yi Yao. And someday... they would have a family of their own.

 

"I-I do"

                                                                        -----------------------

While the wedding reception was still filled people on the dance floor, partying to base thumping music, Amber slouched in her chair, feeling the sudden fatigue of the day take a toll on her. "Are you tierd?" Yi Yao asked beside her, a hand on her shoulder. She smiled sheepishly at him, "Is it that obvious?". He chuckled lightly, "Yea, it is. Hey, if you want, we could just go home". Amber eyes widen, suprised at both the fact that Yi Yao called her house 'home' and that he suggested they sneak out their OWN reception. Being mischevious was not something she thought possible for him, but here he was. 'I guess theres a lot more I have to learn about him' she thought with a smile, excited for the future. "Okay!" she whispered back, as Yi Yao grabbed her hand and gave her a smile. Being especially careful to avoid her aunt, uncle, and her new sister-in-law, Mei, they sneaked past the dancing crowd and flashing lights. 

                                                                    -------------------

Normally, the first thing she would do when she went into her room was fling her dress off and slide into some sweats. But with her new husband following her into her- er THEIR room, she couldnt help but feel extremly shy (and akaward). 'What do normal people say after their wedding? Good job? Congratulations? Ack, this isnt working!' she thought, stumbling into her closet while hanging her white veil. Amber had almost given in and decided to ask him if he was hungry and order a pizza, when she heard the pitter patter of water above her. 'Oh! Its raining!' she thought, running towards her balcony and into the light rain shower. She stretched out her arms, cupping the small puddle of water that was forming in her palm. The cool drops felt so refreshing against her heated skin. Standing in a dress for a whole hour in a candle-lit church was not exactly the most tempreture savy situation. Amber let out a giggle, lost in the violet skies of the night, and the eventual rumble of thunder.

The sudden flash of lightening didnt suprise her as much as the much larger hand holding her own, catching the drops that escaped from between her fingers. A blush spread down her neck as she felt the sturdy chest press up behind her. 

Oh goodness, how could she have almost forgotten, she was a wife. She was Yi Yaos WIFE.  

Her breathing became unsteady as she felt his breath tickle her ear and turned to look up at him. Though it was dark, she saw the intense glimmer in his eyes as rain dripped down his cheeks. Feeling an arm wrap slowly around her waist, Yi Yao gently pulled her close, leaving no room between them. The heat of their bodies were cooled only by the rain as it continued to fall all through the night. Dark clouds covered the skies, giving the impression of a moonless night.

                                                                      --------------------

The cool breeze from the open window blew gently, as Amber snuggled deeper into her silk sheets. She had already been awake for the past minute but memories of what occured just a few hours ago anchored her from turning around. To say Amber was shy was an understatement, she just didnt know how to face Yi Yao after all of...all of that! Now she had to confront him in all his stupid perfect glory! Peeking out through her sheets slowly, her hair looking just as wild as ever, Amber slowly wrapped her side of the sheets around her unclothed form. Looking over at her alarm clock, she saw that it was only four in the morning. 'Come on Amber! Your going to have to face him eventually!' she thought, trying and failing to fully prepare herself to see Yi Yaos sleeping face. Wincing slightly as she fumbled, the bruise on her collarbone from yesterday turning blue, she turned her self fully around. But what greeted her was not her sleeping husband but instead an empty bed. 'Oh, he must have gotten up before me...' she thought, getting off the bed and walking to her closet to put on a pair of pajama pants and a tank top. The maids, her aunt, and uncle must have still been at the reception party- yea...it was suppose to go on all night until the morning (they had rented hotel rooms for the guests). And that meant Amber and Yi Yao were the only ones at the house. Looking around the room, she found no sight of Yi Yaos suitcases that were there before. 'Did he put them away somewhere else?' she thought going down the steps and walking from room to room, trying to find her husband. 

 

But he was no where to be found.  

 

'Maybe he went out?' she thought, trudging back towards her bedroom. Passing by one of the guest rooms, which they had lent Mei, Amber noticed the computer in the room had its power button lit yellow. 'She forgot to turn it off...' Amber thought, moving the mouse around and lighting up the screen. 'Oh? Whats this...?' she thought, looking at the opened email on the computer.

 

It was a confirmation notice from an airline.

Two, one way tickets to China.

Boarding date: Today.

 

Ambers eyes widen. 'B-but...I thought he was going on Friday?!'. Confusion rushing through her, Amber ran into her room, gathering her car keys, and was about to run out when she noticed something from the corner of her eyes.

The box on her top shelf had moved. A slight sense of panic filled her. No one ever touched that box but her. Only she had the key to it and it was always around her neck.

Dragging a chair over and climbing on top of it, Amber pulled her box down and settled into her bed. Fingers trembling slightly, she used her tiny silver key and unlocked the box with a soft click. Opening the lid, Amber peered inside.

  

It was gone.

It was all gone.

 

Her property papers to her estates that her parents had left for her.

 

Gone.

 

*****************************************************************************************

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnn!

And that ladies and gents is my first chapter~

 

I would love it if you all left some comments to tell me how it was ^^

Subscription and votes would be nice too (keke) :p

And please continue to support this fanfic of mine <3

Thank you ><