Sequel

A stupid bet?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin quickly got on his way to the YG building. He was ordered by Yang Hyunsuk sajangnim to go there quickly for a ‘quick meeting’. It would be lie if he says that he isn’t nervous right now. He never had meetings that are so sudden like this. Usually, he would have meetings about his solo album or the band’s comeback planned, but it’s obviously a different situation this time. Hanbin keeps thinking about all the possible mistakes that he or the other members could possibly make that may cause YG-nim to have a sudden meeting like that, but he thought of none.

When he saw the CEO in his office, he also saw another YG artist that he knows well, Lee Hayi. He quickly gave both of them a bow and have a seat. “Ah, now that you’re both here, I could announce something,” the CEO slightly paused as he took a sip of his coffee. “I want you both to go for a stroll together wherever you like, and have a quick lunch or something and I’ll make sure the press are following you”. Hearing those words, both Hanbin and Hayi dropped their jaws. What in the world?

“Um, with all your respect sajangnim, but why do we have to do it?” Hanbin asked making sure he doesn’t sound rude in any way. “Isn’t it obvious? I want you both to be in the news for a while” both of the YG artists were taken aback and were panicking inside their minds. “don’t worry, you guys are not going to be doing this regularly. I just want you both to do this once, that’s it. I figured that both iKon and Hayi needs a little exposure for new comebacks in the future, so this would be a perfect plan” He explained again causing the two to nod in understandment. “Okay, you both start after you leave this building, the press are waiting for you both there” “Wait, we are doing it now??” Hayi asked in shock. She is asking exactly what Hanbin is thinking. 

“Yes. That’s why I asked you both to come here suddenly without any notice” He explained again. Hanbin sighed in frustration. He couldn’t help but think about how Chanwoo would feel. Well, it’s been 3 years since their ‘break up’, but Hanbin still loves him. He’d like to think that the maknae feels the same too but nothing has changed. They still stayed as friends, no strings attached.

“Okay, you both can leave now” YG said suddenly causing Hanbin to panic. “w-wait, couldn’t I inform the other members first?” Hanbin asked. The CEO furrowed his eyebrows at the leader. “Couldn’t you just do that later? Just hurry up and do what I ordered you” and with that, he left both of his clients dumbfounded. Hayi sighed and got up from her seat. “Let’s just get this over with” Hanbin nodded and lead her the way out of the building.

 

***

 

The whole strolling around wasn’t as bad as Hanbin had thought. Hayi was fun despite that she keeps muttering on how weird the whole situation was. Hanbin couldn’t agree more, but her saying it over and over made it more uncomfortable than it already was. They didn't kiss or anything, holding hands were as far as they could go. He was glad it was over now, so he doesn’t have to worry about people following him around and taking pictures as they want. He could finally get back to his dorm.

“Yah! Hanbin-ah I thought you had a meeting?!” Jinhwan shouted as soon as the leader entered the dorm. “I did!!” Hanbin said half shouted trying to convince the eldest. “Does this ‘meeting’ of yours involve having a date with Hayi?” Jinhwan raised his eyebrows. This is why Hanbin wanted to inform the members first, he knows exactly that this would happen. “Yes, actually. Sajangnim ordered me to go for a stroll with her so that we would be on the papers for a while” Hanbin explained calmly.

“So will you be doing this regularly from now on or?” Hanbin shook his head violently. “It’s only a one time thing, fortunately” Jinhwan sighed in relief hearing the younger’s confirmation. “You see Hanbin,” Jinhwan paused to look straight in the leader’s eyes. “Chanwoo saw the pictures and-“ “don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter