Chapter 03

You're My Inspiration

 

You were hanging your clothes up in the closet. You were always an organized person, so you put the clothes in order from shirts, pants, dresses, vests, etc. You hung up your last pair of jeans and stepped back, making sure everything was correct. Satisfied, you closed the closet shut and put your suitcase away. You made your way towards the door when you heard talking on the other side,”No, wait. I’ll tell noona that dinner’s ready.”
“No, I wanna do it!”,Kwangmin protested.
“Why? You never wanna tell me that it’s time for dinner.”,Jeongmin rolled his eyes.
“That’s because it’s you. This is noona we’re talking about here!”,Kwangmin crossed his arms.
“How about this? I’ll go instead of all you kids. I’m the oldest, after all.”,Donghyun shrugged.
“NO!”,all five of them shouted in unison. Mr. Kim walked out of his room and stared at the six,”Aren’t you going to eat dinner?”
“We’re deciding who will tell noona that it’s time for dinner.”,Hyunseong explained.
“Oh? Then I’ll do it.”,he stepped up but Youngmin quickly said,”It’s fine! I’ll do it!” They all blinked at him. You sighed and stepped out into the hallway. All 6 of your brothers gasped and spun around to face you,”Noona!” You blinked at them,”Yeah?” “Come down for dinner, ~~~~~-ah.”,Mr. Kim warmly smiled at you. You nodded and bowed as he left. You turned to go but you felt your six step brothers staring at you. You spun around and they pretended to be occupied with something else. “Aren’t you guys going to go eat dinner?”,you raised an eyebrow. “Y-Yeah.”,Minwoo stuttered and followed you down the stairs with the others trailing not too far behind.
--
You poked your food lightly as you felt everyone staring at you. You looked up and blinked innocently,”...Yes?” “Why don’t you tell us about yourself, ~~~~~-ah? You changed so much, I can hardly believe that you’re the little girl I once lived with.”,your mother giggled, but her eyes were hard. You sighed and put your chopsticks down,”I’m 22, I enjoy listening to music, dancing, singing, and being artistic. I lived in America, and was distant to a lot of people. I only opened up to my best friend, Hyomin, and I don’t have a boyfriend.” You glanced around the table and fidgeted in your seat. Mr. Kim smiled,”I hope you can open up to us, as well.” You awkwardly bowed your head and ate a few more bites until you felt uncomfortable in the silent room. You abruptly stood up, causing your family to stare at you in wonder. You cleared your throat,”I’m going to sleep now. Good night.” You bowed and hurried upstairs where you closed the door and leaned against in with you eyes shut and hand over your uncomfortable chest,*Just a little longer. Then, I can leave again.*
--
Meanwhile downstairs, your step brothers began talking and the room became filled with chatter. “Noona didn’t look comfortable earlier.”,Hyunseong frowned.
“Probably because she doesn’t like to see your face while eating.”,Jeongmin cracked up.
“I wonder if she could drive.”,Youngmin suddenly wondered.
“Psh, she’s 22! She can do whatever she wants.”,Kwangmin stuck his tounge out.
Donghyun quietly continued eating but his mind was far from what he was even eating. He was only thinking about you and couldn’t help but wonder if you were sleeping well. Quietly, he snuck out of the kitchen and made his way towards your room. He slightly opened the door and saw you sitting at your desk, surfing the web. He stepped inside and leaned against the door frame,”I thought you were going to sleep.”
You gasped and spun around in your chair,”D-Donghyun?”
He sat down on your bed and looked around, seeing pictures set by the bed already. One picture was a picture of you and Hyomin. He turned to you,”How come you’re not sleeping, noona?”
You glanced at him before turning back to your laptop,”I have to do my homework.”
“You have homework? You didn’t even start school yet.”,he chuckled.
“I need to send it to my teacher in America. It’s my last grade for the year.”,you mentally rolled your eyes and continued typing away.
“True.”,he meekly laughed. His eyes wandered around the room before he called,”Hey, Noona?”
You stopped typing and spun around,”What is it?”
Suddenly, he was at a loss of words. He stared into your brown, mesmerising eyes. You tilted you head,”What were you going to say, Donghyun?”
He shook his head and snapped out of his daze,”I, uh, wanted to know if..”
You began to grow impatient, which was usually rare,”Wanted to know..?”
“Noona, do you have a boyfriend?”,he blurted, making you raise an eyebrow.
“Boyfriend?”,you repeated.
He nodded,”Yeah. Boyfriend.”
You shook your head,”Nope.”
“Okay. That’s all. Good night, Noona!”,he left and pumped his fist in the hallway,”Yes!”
You shut your laptop,”He’s weird.”
You yawned and lay down on your bed, curled up on your side. You heard your step brothers chattering downstairs and fell asleep with the thought,*At least I’m not that alone anymore.*
--
Yay! Update! 8D LOL. Happy Belated Holidays?~ :P