Chapter 02

You're My Inspiration

 

You stepped into the Seoul Airport, almost not believing that you actually decided to come back. You came around the corner, pulling your suitcase along as you heard someone call your name,"~~~~~! Jung ~~~~~!" You spun around, only to be greeted by your mother in a beautiful skirt and blouse. She lifted her sunglasses up into her hair and smiled brightly,"You came." You nodded, as your bitterness towards her slowly came back. "Wow, look at you. All dressed up like an adult.",she giggled. You were wearing shorts with leggings underneath with a striped sweater that fell off your shoulder. "Sure..",you muttered under your breath. She opened to speak, only to be interupted by a man in a black suit. He came over and smiled,"You must be ~~~~~, right?" "Yes.",you nodded, not understanding the situation. He held out a hand,"I'm your step father." You eyed his hand under your sunglasses that covered most of your face. "Dad!",6 voices called at the same time as 6 boys ran over. They paused and gaped at you for a while. You blinked at them curiously. "Oh, right. Kids, this is your step sister, ~~~~~~" They continued gaping at you,*She's so pretty!* You tilted your sunglasses down,*Freaks.*
--------
Your blonde step brother, Youngmin, which had a twin, was carrying your suitcase for you while the 9 of you were walking to your step father’s car. Your step father opened the car door for you,”Go in.” You stepped into the van as the other 6 squished together in the back. Mr. Kim, your step father, entered the driver’s seat as your mother sat in the passenger’s seat. Mr. Kim smiled back at you, “I hope you enjoy the house, when we get there.” You glanced back at the 6 who were uncomfortably fidgeting around. “Dad, I’m squished!”,Kwangmin frowned. You glanced at the 3 empty seats next to you and back at them. You opened your mouth to speak, but you caught your mother’s glare. Her glare was as if to be saying, if-you-say-one-thing-wrong-I-really-won’t-let-you-go. You closed your mouth as you sighed and pulled out your iPod. You stuck the earphones into your ears and leaned back against the seat as you closed your eyes, listening to the music. You soon fell asleep and didn’t hear a word the others in the car were saying. Meanwhile, your step brothers were very curious about you. “How old do you think she is?”,Hyunseong asked while all 6 of them were gazing at your angelic face. “I don’t know. All I know is that she’s really really pretty.”,Kwangmin admired. Their dad heard and looked at them through the mirror,”She’s 22. So, she’s your noona.” “Wah! My noona!”,Minwoo squealed happily. “She doesn’t even look like she’s 22, though.”,Jeongmin curiously tilted his head. Youngmin reached his hand out but before the back of this fingertips could reach your soft cheek, Donghyun quickly noticed and snatched his hand away,”Yah! Do you wanna wake her up?!” “But her skin looks so soft.. I have the urge to touch her cheek!”,he pouted childishly. Just then, you stirred in your seat as your eyes slowly fluttered open. Donghyun quickly let go of Youngmin’s hand and all 6 of them sat back in their old positions. You rubbed your eyes and glanced back and the 6, who were pretending to be oblivious to what was going on. You just let it go and took your earphones out as you turned off your iPod. You put it back in your purse as you looked forward. You noticed Mr. Kim’s gaze on you through the mirror and looked up at him,”Can I help you?” “Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just that you’re so quiet, very different from the other 6.”,he chuckled. You nodded in understanding and looked out the window, watching the scenery roll by.
--------
The 6 boys piled out of the van first as they quiet fought over who would take in your suitcase. “Rock, paper, scissors!”,they called out in unison and continued playing. You put your purse over your shoulder and hopped out of the van, only to see the 6 still fighting over it. You rolled your eyes and pushed through, grabbing your suitcase,”I got it.” You rolled your suitcase into the large, two story house and stood by the doorway. You looked around, seeing pictures of your 6 step brothers, your step father and mother, and even one picture of yourself. You walked over to the picture of yourself and gently traced your thumb over your smiling face. You were 8 at that time, yet you didn’t mind being abused. All you cared about was that you were having fun. Your eyes were smiling brightly, almost as bright as your yellow sundress. Your mother came in from behind, ruining the precious moment,”Listen here, kid.” You turned around and faced her,”What?” She ignored your hostility and continued,”You have no idea how hard it was for me to get you a step father. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t even dream about having you come live here with us, but of course, your step father insisted that our whole family should live together.”,she looked back at the picture of you and turned back to you,”Don’t get the wrong idea of that picture there. It was so I didn’t look like such a horrible mother.” She turned to leave but stopped,”By the way, your step brothers, they’re all in high school. I suggest you allow them to do their studies properly. By that I mean,”,she smirked,”Don’t try to corrupt their innocent minds.” She went up the stairs as you curled your hand into a fist,*Corrupt their minds? What the hell is she talking about?* The more your thought about it, the more angrier you became. Before you could do anything that you’d regret, your step brothers entered. They paused before going up to you. “Noona!”,Minwoo smiled warmly at you. You blinked at him,”..Noona?” He nodded,”You’re older than me, so you’re my noona!” “She’s older than all of us, kid.”,Donghyun rolled his eyes playfully. You let it go,”Can I go to my room?” “Oh, your room? Right! I’ll take her there!”,Youngmin grabbed your hand and led you upstairs. You gently pulled away and hid your hand behind your back,”I can go myself. I just need to know where it is.” “Right... It’s over there.”,he pointed and turned red. “Thanks.”,you went into your room and closed the door.