Palm Tree and... Hot Dog?

Super... New Evolution?

                    YG Building. 2009. Heechul.

 

 

                    "Eheheheheheheheh 2NE1! Eheheheheheheheh, you better ring the alarm!" Heechul sings loudly as he dances to the song. He is alone in the practice room for once, none of his Dongsaengs are around. He danced to many  girl group dances before, but he really enjoys Fire; he dances as if he were a member of the group, at least, he tells himself to dance as if he was a member. He even has his hair in Dara's signature "palm tree" hairstyle (with a lot of practice, he managed to be able to do it on his own). He stands in front of the mirrors, and begin to dance along to the song again.

 

                   

                    The songs ends and he stops dancing, out of breath. Good thing nobody's here, they would totally joke about this to the other members, he thought, thankful that his Super Junior dongsaengs were out and about. He was about to leave himself, but decided to dance to fire one more time. He presses play on the sound system remote and gets ready to start over again, when he heard something fall to the floor. He whips his head back, getting ready to threaten one of s if they didn't keep this a secret.

 

"Yah! Why're you spying on me?!" he yells when nobody comes out from behind the wall.

                    He was expecting Kibum or Ryeowook, but it definitely wasn’t one of s. Oh no, embarrassment. Heechul, your image is ruined, he thought as the person stepped out from behind the wall.

"Heechul oppa... I wasn't spying... I swear I didn't see a lot. It's just that I was coming in to practice, and saw you here. That's all." Sandara says timidly. She lied of course, she saw a lot of his dancing, but if there was any time to lie, she thought the best time was now.

"Oh, no, it's okay. I just thought you were one of my members... Not that you look like any of them, I mean, of course you don't, you’re a girl, and you're much better looking than they are"

                    Shut up Heechul. Just shut up. Not making yourself any less of a fool by blabbing, he scolds himself. It's strange, Heechul had never been affected by embarrassment this much before. He was babbling like Hyukjae when he tried to talk to Park Bom. Heechul shivers at the thought of the similarity.

"So! You were going to practice? You can use the room now, I'm done." Heechul says, being a little more cheerful, trying to pretend that their awkward moment never happened.

"Thank you," Sandara replies, still timid.

"What are you practicing for? Do you have new performances coming up?" Heechul asks, trying to strike up a conversation with the strangely shy Dara. He didn't hear from anyone that they were starting promotions again.

"No... It's for family outing... Some of the YG family members helped me think of a performance that viewers can enjoy..." she answered quietly, looking uneasy.

"Oh? That's good! Y'know, I'm really good with variety shows, why don't you practice and I can try to help make sure it'll be a success?" Heechul suggested, his self-confident nature coming back.

"... Uhm... Okay... But you have to promise not to laugh." Dara agrees, frowning a little while nodding at him.

"Laugh? Look at my palm tree hair!" he answers, flicking it. Dara smiles, and let’s out a small laugh.

"Haha. Okay then... I have to get ready then."

 

                    Dara quickly stepped back behind the wall again, and in three minutes, came out in her costume. Heechul couldn't keep his promise, he burst out laughing.

 

                    Sandara put her hand on her forehead in embarrassment.

"Hahahahaha!!! Okay-sorry-it's just-hahahahaha!" He tries to say as he laughs. Heechul finally stops, using all the strength he could muster. He sighs.

"Whew... Okay, it's very good. Everyone will have a laugh." he assured her.

"..." Sandara’s face still looks uncomfortable.

"So... What performance are you putting on?"

"... Fire." she mumbled.

"Ahahahahahahahahaha!" he laughed at the image.  A hot dog, dancing to fire, what a joke.
Sandara sighs loudly,

"I knew this costume would be the death of me..."

"Hahaha, no. It'll be fine! You just have to work it. It's about confidence. Hahaha. You can be the most confident hot dog any variety show has ever seen!" He manages to make Sandara crack a smile.

"Okay. I'm gonna turn the music on now, let me see what you have down so far." He orders. She doesn’t respond.

"Hellooo?" he asks again.

"... Can you do the choreography with me? It's less embarrassing that way." her eyes lit up, thinking of being embarrassed free.

"Okay fine. Let's do this then!" Heechul agrees without a second thought.

 

 

                   

 

                    And so, they practiced the routine an endless amount of times, laughing at each other and laughing at themselves. They didn't tell anyone about their practice, simply because it would've been too embarrassing. But whenever they recalled the memory, it never failed to make them smile.