The Plan.

Super... New Evolution?

Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk. 2006.

 

 

“Hyun Suk, when do you think would be a good time to let everyone know of our plans?”

“I don’t know yet, just definitely not now.”

“Super Junior has already made their debut, how much longer do we need to wait?” Lee Soo Man asks, irritated. He knew that this idea would be explosive, the first major YGSM collaboration.

“Be patient, I’ve thought of another plan that will be just as fair for you, and will work just as well.” Yang Hyun Suk explains calmly. Lee Soo Man nods, and tells him to continue.

“I don’t think my girl group is ready yet, so I think we should wait until 2NE1 debuts and gains enough popularity first.”

“What?! We’ve planned this two years ago! You’re telling me we should wait longer?!”

“Hold on, just let me explain. If we were to just combine the two groups right now, wouldn’t that be unfair to your boys? They’ve already gained popularity, if we did proceed with our plan, 2NE1 would be getting a head start, no?”

 

Lee Soo Man debated this for a while, then finally spoke.

 

“You’re right. Wouldn’t want to give you an extra boost, now would I?” he joked, letting out a laugh. He sounded like he was joking, but  Yang Hyun Suk knew he was probably serious. Giving a group under YG Entertainment a head start isn’t something at the top of SM’s list.

“Well, it’s not like 2NE1 would need it anyways… they’ll be explosive when they debut.” YG said, trying not to sound cocky, without being too passive. Lee Soo Man stops laughing after this comment.

“Oh really? We’ll see after their debut.” He answered, as if accepting a challenge.

 

 

~~~

 

 

YG Building. 2008.

                Lee Soo Man has awaited this day for a long time. Of all this talk of collaboration, he has never actually  seen  the girls, and has never seen their talent himself. Super Junior is doing really well… What if these girls aren’t up to par?  He worried silently, as he walked into one of the practice rooms.

 

 

                There were five girls, all timidly standing in a straight line, facing the practice mirrors. The music was about to play. Shoot. Maybe I really should’ve thought our agreement over… he thought regretfully.

 

“Hey, don’t walk in yet. They get really nervous still, just watch here at first, and then I’ll formally introduce you.” Yang Hyun Suk whispered to him silently, as he put his arm on Lee Soo Man’s shoulder.

 

                The music began to play. At that moment, all of Lee Soo Man’s worry and regret disappeared. These girls were GOOD. Even better than some girl groups that have ALREADY debuted.  The music stopped, and the two CEOs clapped, unknowingly. The five girls were shocked; they didn’t realize they had an audience. They exchanged glances with each other, and then looked to Yang Hyun Suk, awaiting an explanation.

 

“Girls, as you all know, this is Lee Soo Man.” Yang Hyun Suk said, gently.

“Anyeonghaseyo.” They nod and bow in unison.

Lee Soo Man nods back.

“You five will be collaborating with his group Super Junior, for a period of time. We’re not sure how or when exactly, but Lee Soo Man just came by to see your progress is all.” Yang Hyun Suk explained to them.    All five of their eyes widened, Super Junior? Collaboration? WHAT?  They all thought.

“Ahem… you guys are just as talented as he praises you to be,” Lee Soo Man added, as he and Yang Hyun Suk left the girls to their practice and training.

 

 

“So. When are the two groups going to meet?” YG asks as they walk through the hall.

“I’ll bring the boys over here next week?” SM answers, waiting for approval.

“Done.”

“Still going to wait for them to debut and gain popularity before they combine?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, see you next week then.”

“Sure, I’ll call you to confirm time and date.”

“Of course, See you then.”

“Bye, oh… and I will be expecting to see super Junior’s practice and performances at that time as well.” YG added before SM closed the car door.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Back at SM Headquarters…

 

“Boys, I have some news for you…”

 

~~~

 

A/N:

                The next chapter will be a continuation of this one, because it is just the beginning, getting to understand the overall combination idea at first!

 

Enjoy.Comment.Subscribe :)

  • Bebexoxo