#007

a door is not a door when it's ajar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#007
baekhyun + chen, chanyeol + d.o., lay + kai, suho + sehun   /   pg   /   1657 words
mermaid!au: jongdae stages an intervention

 

“So,” Jongdae begins, nibbling the end of a chip at their table in the library, “you know the dorm party on Friday? I was wondering if we should invite S-”

“The Ex, you mean.”

He frowns at Kyungsoo, who hasn’t even so much as looked up from his textbook. “Junmyeon STILL isn’t over that? I mean, I was okay with appeasing him for a while, but isn’t this getting ridiculous now? It’s been…” Jongdae flips out a planner diary and counts through a few pages. “Two weeks and two days. That’s how long they’ve been fighting. That’s how long Junmyeon has been missing fifteen minutes of every lecture to avoid S-”

“-the Ex-”

“-and nobody even knows what the whole thing was about. AND nobody is dense enough to think they actually broke up-broke up.”

Kyungsoo sighs, then leans back in his chair and huffs at the ceiling. He actually leans back too far and has to catch himself on the edge of the table before he falls and knocks himself out on the ugly green carpet, but manages to retain some sketchy dignity. “I don’t know what you expect me to say, Jongdae. Just because everybody knows it’s ridiculous doesn’t mean we can do anything about it.”

At this, Jongdae grins and stuffs a few more chips into his mouth. “So help me stage an intervention,” he conspires through a mound of mushed fried potato. “It’s about time.”

Kyungsoo hisses, then makes a pinched face like he’s just had a slice of lemon shoved up his nose. “I’m going to regret agreeing to this.”

“Trust me, Kyungsoo. This is serious stuff. If Friday’s party is going to be any sort of fun, we NEED Sehun to be there.”

 

☆     ☆     ☆

 

Jongdae manages to get everybody on board with the plan, which involves a lot of elaborate stories and, at one point, an army of balloon animals and pulpy orange juice. That is, until Kyungsoo pisses all over their parade and says, “Right, now back to the actual plan. When do you think we should drag them across campus to meet and what room is the best one to lock them both in until they sort out their problems?”

A pathetic whine arises from Baekhyun, who sits on the floor of the dorm room they’ve crammed into. “Why do you have to hate fun so much? How do you even like Chanyeol? He’s, like, two hundred percent sunshine and you’re a vertically-challenged stormcloud.”

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol sniffles, lying upside-down on a bed made with an Iron Man quilt cover and holding a hand over his chest.“I never knew you felt this way about m-”

“Because I don’t have time for your antics. Now, the best location?”

“...The cleaning closet on level three of the music building is pretty good,” Baekhyun sulks, sending wobbly glares in his direction. “Pretty private, cosy space, great place to get a .”

For a moment, there is a pause in the conversation. Then, “I don’t want to know how you know tha-”

“It’s actually a pretty bad place to get it on after they make up,” Jongin interjects from the wheely chair at the desk. He toes at the socked sole of Jongdae’s foot, causing him to squeal and almost fall off Baekhyun’s lap. “Your back digs into the shelves and things fall and I mean, it’s doable and a lot of fun, but only in a spontaneous context.”

“OKAY THEN.” Yixing springs up from where he had been leaning against the other bed in the room and opens the door, a dark pink dusting his cheeks. “Now that we’ve finished our little TMI session, can we all agree to let them meet in the common at the end of the hall? It’s usually fairly empty around mid afternoon. Now, everybody get out of my room.”

“Okay, but now I kind of want to know-”

“Now.”

“No need to be shy, Xing-”

“OUT.”

 

☆     ☆     ☆

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter