#002

a door is not a door when it's ajar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#002
lay + kai   /   pg   /   445 words
mermaid!au: yixing wants to come out

 

Jongin meets Yixing after his dance practice session, leaning against the closed door and watching while his boyfriend goes through the short choreography one more time, the smooth movements of his body reflected in the mirrors of the room. At some point he must have shucked his sweater and the patches of silver scales on his shoulders and neck glimmer above the long, loose neckline of his tank.

Jongin clears his throat but even blushing, he can't make himself look away.

"Jonginnie!" Yixing calls breathlessly, finishing up his routine with an absurd flourish. "I didn't hear you come in."

"Hello," Jongin responds, oddly shy. "I wanted to surprise you. You look great!"

The smile on Yixing's face makes Jongin feel dazed, like he's opened his eyes to the sun. "Thank you."

Jongin looks away. His heart is NOT fluttering.

Yixing packs up, and they set off toward the cafeteria together, hand in hand. It's a beautiful day, not too hot and not too cold, and Jongin would be lying if he said he wasn't slowing their pace just a little bit.

"You know," he begins, "I heard that Baekhyun came out to Jongdae the other day."

"Really?"

"Yeah, in the pool change rooms of all things."

"Ew." Yixing sticks out his tongue, and then frowns. "Do you think I should come out to our friends? I've been thinking about it a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter