...Is Weird

Weirder Than Aliens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 ... Is Weird 

 

"AAAAAGH!!" I screamed as we rode the kiddy roller coaster that to my surprise is also frightening -- but not as much as the adults' ride, of course.

 

Little Oppa and Kimchi were screaming loudly too, both with high notes, and V whose seat was behind me probably didn't realize he was holding my shoulders tightly as though he would fly away if he didn't. As the ride came to a stop, we all laughed and started discussing what we felt.

"Hyung didn't scream at all!" Little Oppa looked amazed at his own point as he ate his blue cotton candy.

"No, he did. His voice was too deep that it sunk in with the other's screaming," I blurted out and grinned at V, teasingly. V's cheeks crimsoned and he stared at me shyly.

 

Is he embarrassed?

 

I could hear some girls giggling like fangirls passing by us. I observed his blue-jean textured, short-sleeved summer coat covering his indigo t-shirt, his well-rounded face and hazelnut hair makes him look like a model from afar. I bet he is though.

The little boys were already fond of me. Kimchi was holding my hand while eating the chocolate bar I bought as a gift for him. He's still a child so it was no surprise that the chocolate went all over his face. I crouched before the little boy and took out a wet tissue and wiped clean his face.

I couldn't stop the feeling that V was watching me the whole day. I took a second glance at him and he was still staring. Suddenly, there was an urge inside me asking me to look at him longer but I'm quite a loser at staring games especially when my opponent is a guy so I quickly turned away from him, my cheeks all flushed.

He coughed, noticing that we both were being awkward with each other. His fingers were ruffling his soft-looking hair from behind, fidgeting.

 

His actions made me feel something weird inside. And I didn't like it.

 

I walked a bit faster than normal, leaving Little Oppa and V behind while Kimchi tried catching up with me. V called out for me, "Hey! D! Wait up!"

Eventually, I slowed down a bit. I realized that I was panting. My heart was beating faster and louder for that weird feeling I mentioned earlier. With my hand holding Kimchi, I placed my other hand onto my chest and turned it into a fist, clenching tightly as though trying to slow the pace of my beating heart.

I shook my head and looked at the Ferris wheel standing a bit further, behind the row of trees in the park.

 

Today's mission is to ride the Ferris wheel. I must not lose focus.

 

V finally caught up and by instinct, I straightened myself, hiding my sweaty face from him. I felt relieved when V didn't mention anything about how weird I was acting.

"So where are we heading next?" He asked me.

I tried avoiding eye contact with him. "The Ferris wheel?" I commended.

"But that's no fun!" Little Oppa disagreed with me without even hesitating, creating a frown on my face.

"Have you ever been in a Ferris wheel before?" V asked the young boy who just finished his cotton candy.

"Nope. Because it's boring."

"How would you know it's boring without even trying to ride it?"

I wondered to myself if V noticed me disappointed and was actually trying to convince the boys to agree with my idea riding the Ferris wheel. I eyed V for no longer than five seconds. My heart continued to race for god-knows why. Little Oppa shrugged his shoulders. His lips formed into a pout. I let loose a small, quiet sigh and stated, "How about we go to the Mirror Maze then?"

"Mirror Maze," Kimchi rephrased, excitedly, while clapping his hands together.

"Ooh! Yes! Whoever is first to get out of the maze will be King-!" V paused and turned to me, bowing like a gentlemen for no reason. "Or Queen for the day."

I couldn't contain much longer of the fluffiness inside me. Hence, I accidentally giggled like a little school girl.

 

-
--
---

 

The maze was filled with glass walls that reflects everything. It was hard for one to not be fooled by the mirrors and find the exit. Drops of sweat formed on my forehead as I panicked since I had lost sight of Kimchi. He ran away and I lost him in the maze. Fear and guilt were all coming together and I couldn't stop my body from trembling. My lips quivered as I called out for the little boy's name.

I was lost in the maze alone with my reflections. It was dark too which makes it hard for me to find my way out. Negative thoughts overwhelmed me.

 

What if he's kidnapped? What if we couldn't find him and he died? What will I say to his parents? What will V think of me then?

 

Terrified with my own thoughts, I closed my eyes for a while and tried calming myself by breathing in and out slowly.

 

More action, D.

 

I whispered encouragements inside my head and decided to call out for a different person. "V!"

"Yes?" V's voice was close by and I tried trailing it by calling his name again and again and listening to his voice as he reply.

As his voice was getting closer and closer, we finally found each other. I almost bumped into him as I turned. But our little gap was worst. Being very small in height, I looked up at him and I could hear my neck sounded 'snap'. It was probably loud because V chuckled afterwards. His dark-colored eyes stared me down, causing my heart to clench.

 

I felt a twist inside me, something I never felt before.

 

"You're cute," he said.

By then, I thought I was dreaming. I pinched my warm cheek, "OW!"

V laughed at me. It was so loud that I figured his laughter probably echoed because of the mirrors as it was reflected. I chuckled at my own theory. He laughed so hard that tears were forming in his eyes, "You really thought you were dreaming?"

I never felt so shy. "Well, there's no way some random guy would call me cute just like that."

"You think I'm random?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I gazed up at him and realized how close our faces were. V probably just realized it too because I could see his eyes slightly widened as I turned to him. His cheeks reddened and there was something in his eyes that attracted me.

"I like it," he suddenly blurted.

"Huh?"

"When you call for my name... I like it." His eyes were softer than before.

"W-why?" I blushed madly.

"I feel like that you're depending on me when you do so and I like that," he answered me.

I looked away from him. My heart was thumping very hard and loud that I thought sooner or later, it would explode and turn into fireworks. But that was only for a while until it then throbbed and hurt. I recalled back why I called for him.

"Kimchi!" I looked pale in the mirror.

"Wh... Where is he?!" His eyes wide and his mouth was o-shaped. Guilt weighed inside me.

"It's my fault. I lost him in the maze," I feared looking V in the eyes. I was ashamed of myself. Whatever happens to Kimchi would be blamed on me. "We have to find him!"

V's brows furrowed in frustration and worry. "Come on!"

He led me through the maze and we both called out for Kimchi's name. Yet there has been no answer. I couldn't hold it any longer.

"This is my fault. I'm so sorry." My words were shaky but at least it reached V. "I should have paid more attention-!"

He turned and grabbed me by the shoulders, making me jump. I couldn't remember when was the last time a guy held me like that. I felt like that was the first for me. His eyes saw me through. His deep, clear yet whispery voice tingled my ears as he told me, "It's nobody's fault. Life is all about making mistakes and fixing them."

 

"So don't blame yourself unless you stopped trying to fix things."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter