Attraction

Midnight Memories

November 20, 2015

10:35 PM

 

Flickering lights. Blasting music. Bodies dancing. Empty glasses.

It was another typical Friday night for Kim Taehyung as he sits silently at the private lounge in a high class club with a drink in his hand. He drinks the last shot from the glass and feels the heat running down his throat. He wasn't drunk; just tipsy. It was his 5th glass of vodka already but his mind was still high functioning. I had enough for tonight. He puts the glass down and glances at his friends who were busy with "things". Two of them were making out with random girls, one was drunk talking to another drunk girl, and the other two were probably dancing their lives downstairs. He sighed and went out of the lounge hoping to find a miracle.

"Hey, Taehyung." A voice called. He turned back to the direction of the voice.

"Where are you going? You have to help me with these bastards." The man pointed at his friends.

"I need some fresh air." He simply replied.

"Can't you do that later? Stay here and I'll go find Jimin and Hoseok."

"Fine. Make it quick. I can't stand this view anymore." He half-heartedly went back to his seat beside the glass window overlooking the wild crowd downstairs.

"That's Jin hyung for you brat." He flicked the later's forehead and left the room.

"Geez." Taehyung rubbed his forehead and continued to sulk in his seat. He took out his phone to check the time. 10:50 PM. Why does it feel like 1:25 AM?  He grew frustrated and just looked mindlessly at the view downstairs. People were all dancing and enjoying themselves as the DJ continued to drop beats. He was once part of that energetic crowd but he grew tired of it all. He got tired of drinking and partying and only came to the club just because his friends kept dragging him into it. Although he gets annoyed everytime they do it, he had no choice because he doesn't want to be alone at his house and he just can't say no to them--he spent half of his life with them. He enjoys their company more than anything. He just hopes that they could spend Friday nights without all the drinking, dancing, and flirting. He sighs again.

Amidst the sea of people, Taehyung's eyes drifts onto a newcomer. They were a group of girls who seemed excited to party, but he noticed that one of them was not as earger as the rest. He had no idea why, but he grew curious of the girl. It looks like she wasn't all that interested in parties and her friends just dragged her with them--just like him. With that thought in mind, we got up from his seat and went out of the lounge leaving his friends to their own business.

"Kim Taehyung! Where the hell are you going? Help me carry Hoseok first!" Jin shouted.

"You're strong enough hyung. You can do that by yourself. I have something urgent to do." Taehyung just smiled at Jin and dashed to the stairs.

"Taehyun! Taehyung! Get back here you brat!" Jin shouted but the younger ignored his protests and went down the flight of stairs in a flash. What the heck am I going to do with all this mess? He groaned in frustration.

 

Meanwhile down stairs...

 

Everybody was on high. People were either dancing, drinking, flirting, or openly making out with each other; grimace was written all over Joohyun's face. She absolutely hated places like this but her best friends insisted and she gave in eventually. Joohyun was not the type to drink and party until the sun rises, but she had her fair share of good times with the people she's close to. She prefers to be in a more exclusive party rather than a loud club like this. Please let me live through this.

"Eonnie! Aren't you gonna dance?" Sooyoung shouted while nodding her head to the best of the music.

"What?" Joohyun was unable to hear properly due to the noise.

"AREN'T YOU GONNA DANCE JOOHYUN EONNIE?" Sooyoung screamed.

"Maybe later!" Joohyun shouted back at the younger. Sooyoung and the rest of her best friends quickly danced their way to the middle and started jumping. True, they may be a little wild and noisy, but Joohyun knows they're one of the best people in the world. She grinned and proceeded to the bar.

 

"One screwdriver please." Joohyun ordered and the bartender nodded. She sat on one of the high chairs and patiently waited for her drink. She observed how the bartender expertly made her drink in a few seconds and slided it over the table. "One screwdriver. Enjoy." He said as Joohyun searches her purse for a few bills to pay. "Make it two, her drink's on me." She heard from a man who was just a seat away from her. "Yes sir." The bartender smirked and proceeded to making another screwdriver. "Excuse me, I'll pay for mine. Here." Joohyun handed her money to the bartender but the man was faster as he swiped his card. Joohyun raised her brow. "No need to thank me miss, my name is Hyunjin." This Hyunjin guy took the seat beside her and drank his screwdriver right after it was served to him. Joohyun looked at him from head to toe with her resting face, "You didn't have to do that, but thanks." She already knew that this guy was trying to get her but she maintained her cool and sipped her drink. She tasted the bitterness of the vodka and the tinge of the orange juice that went through . "So, you wanna dance pretty girl?" Hyunjin asked bluntly. Joohyun looked at the man and said "I appreciate the free screwdriver, but no thanks. I'm not dancing tonight." Hyunjin was rejected but he still went closer to Joohyun and asked again "Come on, it'll be fun." He whispered in her ear and Joohyun's drink went spalshing down in his white dress shirt. She was annoyed and she was unable to contain her fury, "Nice shirt Hyunjin. Orange suits you very well." She said in a sarcastic tone which set Hyunjin in rage. "Why you little sl--" he grabbed and yank her hair when another man stopped him. "You are seriously drunk man. You reek of orange and vodka." He stated. "Who the are you to interfere?" Hyunjin screamed. "You wouldn't want to know." The man landed his fist at Hyunjin's stomach and twisted his right arm. "Oww, you ing idiot! Fine, I'm out! You're lucky ." Hyunjin limped out of the scene and Joohyun stared at the man who saved her. "Uhm... Thank you?" She wasn't sure if this man was good or not judging from his fluid actions earlier. He emitted this mysterious aura that Joohyun grew curious about him. "Are you alright Miss?" He finally spoke to her to which she was slightly taken aback. "Y-yes. I'm fine, thank you again." She looked at the man who was inches taller than her and she was quite impressed by his charm. He's nice. "Uhh... I should probably go." he said while rubbing the back of his neck. Cute. "Oh, okay." was all that she said, but deep inside, she wanted to know something from him. What's your name? "Have a great night!" He bowed to her and went to a table across the dance floor. They're probably his friends. 

 

 

"Taehyung! Lezz parteeey!" Hoseok slurred. He was obviously drunk from all the partying he did. Taehyung was used to his drunken state and just helped him back to the table. "You're drunk hyung. Let's go upstairs and have some rest." Taehyung was being considerate of his friend despite the urge of hanging out with that girl earlier. "But, I want to.... uhhh... daaaannzzzz!" Hoseok whined on his seat and Taehyung sighed. "No more for tonight you crazy hyung. Come on." It was a good thing that Hoseok wasn't that much of a trouble to convince so he was able to bring him back to the lounge. "Oh god finally." Jin sighed in relief to find Taehyung carrying a slurring Hoseok. "You're welcome Jin hyung." Taehyung rolled his eyes and threw Hoseok on the couch next to his other drunk pals. "What do we do with them?" Jin asked. "Do anything that will annoy them in the morning." Taehyung suggested. "Great idea." Both of them laughed. "But hyung, I'm gonna get some fresh air. Like really." Taehyung said in a tired voice. "Or you're going to get that girl's number?" Jin wiggled his eyebrows. Jin saw everything that happened downstairs; the way Taehyung defended this anonymous girl over a jerk and how he acted right after. "You saw that? Oh god." Taehyung facepalmed and Jin made fun of him. "It's been a while since I last saw you like that. Go. Take your sweet time and get some "fresh air". I'll take care of these brats." Jin patted the younger's back. "But hyung I--" "No buts young man. Go on, I think she likes you." Jin whispered to him and push him out of the lounge. "Tell me all about it in the morning!" Taehyung heard him and he just chuckled at the older's craziness. Alright, here goes nothing.

 

 

Joohyun was sipping on her second screwdriver, and she paid for it this time. She was really getting bored. "Joohyun eonnie!" Yeri ran to her. "What?" She turned to the younger's attention. "I saw that guy you spilled your drink on, are you okay?" Yeri looked concerned for Joohyun. "Well, I'm still in one piece am I?" Joohyun joked. "Geez, but hey...tell me about your night and shining armor." Yeri spoke in a teasing manner. "He saved me. That's all." Joohyun sipped her drink. "Did you get his name?" Yeri probed. "No." Joohyun simply answered the question. I wish I did though. "Gosh, you are so boring eonnie. Just come and dance with us so you don't have to sulk in this bar alone." Yeri, being the yougest in their group of friends, always wanted to have fun. She was always the one to get Joohyun to have some fun and the latter could not say no. "Let me finish this first." Joohyun downed the drink within 5 seconds before Yeri dragged her to the dance floor. It was filled with people who were all bumping to the music. Joohyun had to put up with all this mess for the mean time. I hope this ends soon.

 

As Joohyun and her friends were simply having fun near the corner, Seulgi, one of Joohyun's bestfreinds saw a guy casually looking at their way--more like looking at Joohyun. "Eonnie, someone's checking you out again." Seulgi teased. She was used to this scene though; out of their bunch, Joohyun had the most admirers. During their high school years, Joohyun's locker would always have confession letters, chocolates, flowers and what not. All the boys would line up just to catch a glimpse of what they call a "goddess". Still, out of all those guys, Joohyun would ignore all of them and would tell them that she is not worth all the effort. If Seulgi was Joohyun, she would have dated at least one of them. Then again, who was she kidding? Seulgi knows that Joohyun prioritized her studies and her best friends more than anything. "Whatever, I had enough of those bastards tonight." Joohyun replied. "What? Where? Who?" Seungwan asked and Seulgi pointed to the guy's direction. "Oh my gosh Joohyun eonnie, he is! He's totally cute!" Seungwan squealed and Joohyun rolled her eyes. Sooyoung and Yeri also took a peek and high fived each other. "Eonnie, it's the guy who saved you earlier!" Yeri said. Joohyun raised her brow and asked "Really?" then Yeri nodded immediately. She turned to the man's direction. No way. Her heart skipped a beat as Joohyun confirmed that it was really him. "Go on Joohyun eonnie." Seungwan whispered and push her to the crowd. Looks like this is really happening. As Joohyun fought her way through the sea of people, she noticed that the man was also coming to meet her. He was grinning and it made her do the same. After a few seconds, the two finally met in the middle of the crowded floor.

"Uhm...hi." The guy greeted.

"H-hello." Joohyun awkwardly greeted back.

"I'm V." He held out his hand.

"What?" Joohyun didn't quite caught that and asked again.

"My name is V." He came a little closer so she could hear.

"V? Like seriously? You have a letter for a name?" She joked.

"Well, it's a nickname." He said.

"Okay, I'm Irene by the way." She shooked his hand.

"Nice, are you Korean?" V asked.

"Yes, why'd you ask?" Irene asked back.

"Irene is not a Korean name though, so I thought you were American or something." V replied.

"Oh, Irene is a nickname." She said and they both laughed.

"You catch on pretty fast huh." V teased.

"I guess I do." Irene smiled.

"Since we are in the middle of the dance floor, do you mind if we dance?" V asked and gave her a smile.

"Well, I couldn't say no to that." Irene replied with a grin.

 

CLICK

Irene (Joohyun) and V (Taehyung) started dancing to the rapid beats of the current track that the DJ was playing. They were both shy at first but when the music dropped, everyone was jumping and the two were eventually joined the craze. It has been a terribly long time since V had this much fun. He looked at Irene, who was also having the time of her life, and he could not help but stare at her. She was glowing along with the dancing lights hitting her porcelain skin. Her smile was so captivating to him that he made no efforts to look away. He wasn't partying anymore, but was silently admiring the view beside him. Irene noticed V and half-shouted, "Why are not dancing?" V heard it but pretended not to so he came closer to her and said "What?" Irene spoke towards his left ear and asked again, "Why are you not dancing?" Her breath was warm and it gave off a tingling sensation from his ear to his entire system. Woah there. V couldn't think of an excuse so he shrugged it off and danced in a silly way. Irene was surprised at the sudden outburst of energy coming from V. It was a funny sight to see but it was also cute. He sure is weird, but yeah...in a good way. Irene laughed at the sight in front of her and joined him soon after. They were both having fun dancing even though they look weird. They couldn't care less about how other people were amused by them; it was just the music and them. 

 

After a few more minutes of goofing around, Irene felt her stomach grumbling. She stopped momentarily and thanked the entire club for being so loud or else it would be embarrasing for V to hear that. Geez, now I regret not having dinner she thought. She suddenly had an idea and came to grab V by his  left arm. V looked at his arm first and then to Irene. He raised his brows that signalled a 'what is it' look. Irene went closer once again and asked "Do you have a car or any kind of vehicle?" V nodded and replied "Yeah, it's  parked underground. Why?" Irene exclaimed and said "Great! Let's get out of here!" without second thoughts and dragged V out of the dance floor by his arm. V was flustered by her actions but he just let her drag him to wherever she want to go. "Irene, where are we going?" V asked while still walking. "I'll tell you later, where is the underground parking?" She asked back and let go of his arm. "Right this way." V answered. He honestly felt cold without Irene's hand.. I wish she didn't have to let go of my arm. They entered an elevator and V pressed the botton that will direct them to the underground parking area. Not one of them spoke during the ride; both were too busy with their own thoughts. Nonetheless, it was the comfortable silence that surrounded the two in the elevator ride. After a few moments, they finally reached the underground parking. V was the first one to step out followed by Irene, who was looking around at the place. Where are all the other cars? Irene only saw less then 10 cars parked and she started to worry. "V, why are there only a few cars parked here?" she asked. "This is an exclusive parking for members." V answered as he walked towards his ride. Irene raised a brow and said "So, you're a member of this place?" "Well, let's just say my parents own this entire place." V replied with a smile. He didn't want to come too boastful so he just said that. Irene was surprised to hear this and made an 'o' with . She did not expect that this man was an heir at all. "Are you okay? You seem quiet." V asked in concern. "I'm alright. Just...surprised, that's all." Irene twirled her hair and looked down to her shoes. Cute. V thought as he saw her actions. He grabbed her hand and led her to his car that was parked at the end. Irene was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt his hand wrap around hers. She kept looking at their hands and tried to maintain her calm state. What do I do? Why is he holding my hand? Aish. The two stopped in front of a black BMW M6 convertible. Woah. V opened the door of the passenger seat for Irene and said "Get inside Irene." Seriously? Oh geez. Her mind was a complete mess at the moment. First, V was a freaking heir. Second, he held her hand. Third, he has an amazing car. Forth, he was such a gentleman. She prayed in her mind that V would stop suprising her. She went inside of the car andsat comfortably. V followed and sat on the driver's seat. Before he started the engine, he looked at Irene and asked"So, where are we headed?" Irene was too immersed in her own world to hear what V said so he snapped his finger in front of her. "Hello, earth to Irene. Are you there?" Irene blinked and went back to reality. "Oh, sorry. Uhh, what was that again?" V chuckled at her adorableness and asked again. "Where are we headed Irene?" "Oh, yeah. We're going to eat at my favorite pizza place!" "Where is that place?" "I'll just tell you where to go after we get out of this parking lot. Let's go?" V had to control himself from Irene's charm and just started the car's engine.

"Okay, let's go."