It's Starting to Look Like it's Gonna Be

Good Time Gonna Comes

 From 2009 to 2012, Jessica hadn't noticed nor she cared much whether it's Spring, Winter, Summer or Fall. Eventually, she stumbled upon a book which said that people tend to not care or notice whether it's Summer or Winter when they're happy and she was indeed happy back during those days. And now she's in Seoul, during Spring, and she thinks that she has been happy with how beautiful the Spring season is in Seoul and yet she somewhat knows that she's not happy. Or rather, she has forgotten how it  feels like to be happy, the definition of happy seems to be ambiguous for her current life. It's imprinted in her mind that if she remembers or pays attention to the current season that is happening, that means she's unhappy. Happy, unhappy, it's all  just an adjective to Jessica now, what she's doing now is just an automated living, she has quite forgotten what it feels like to be truly alive.

"You're awfully quiet, Jess." 

Krystal's eyes are fixed on the road and the steering wheel and yet she's been eyeing her sister from the corner of her eyes ever since they left S.M. building.

Jessica responded to Krystal, although her eyes are fixated to the cramped sidewalk of Seoul, observing the crowds of people who busies themselves with a smartphone even though they're currently enjoying an early dinner in a very nice restaurant patio. 

"You know why I stay in Hongkong? It's because I can sit in a very nice and comfortable restaurant, preferably the patio, where I don't know anybody and where nobody knows me, and I don't feel like I'm a stranger. And here, everybody knows me and I might stumble upon someone I know, but I'm a stranger, a lonely stranger."

Jessica feels a light brush of touch upon her arm and she stares back to her young sister and suddenly a stream of tears rolled down incessantly from the corner of her eyes. She can't hold it back anymore. She can't lie to Krystal that her little accidental reunion with Taeyeon has awakened in her something she has buried so deep she thought it might never be able to resurface anymore. But yet, the moment the scent of sandalwood and citrus permeated in her surrounding, she knew damn well that something she buried will come to the surface like a speed of light. With Taeyeon, her logic has never worked. With Taeyeon, there's no logic, there's only a bottomless and immeasurable feeling that she's always been afraid to measure. 

"I thought years away from her and reminding myself over and over again of how heartless she was are enough to keep my walls up against her.. how stupid of me to think that I've.." Jessica leaves her word hanging, unable to process anymore and she sobs or rather, she's grieving and she can feel the familiar feeling she felt every night she can't fall asleep because each time she closed her eyes an image of Taeyeon will appear.

She had been thinking about hypnotherapy, the one similar to "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" film that she has watched with Taeyeon. She wanted to erase Taeyeon and yet, she can't, she refuse, she rather has any kind of memory about Taeyeon, even a bad memory, rather than not having any memory of Taeyeon at all.

"You're making it so hard for me to not kick Taeyeon unnie in the face if you keep on acting like this, Jess." 

Jessica chuckled a little, amused by her sister's protective nature. She starts to calm down and takes a few deep breath to ease the turbulence in her aching heart. 

"We're here, unnie," Krystal stops in front of a valet parking service in her and Jessica's favorite restaurant in Gangnam area. Caressing her sister once again before mumbling,"God, why do everytime we meet the subject will eventually about that kid-like creature." 

Jessica smiles again. She knows although Krystal always complains about how awful Jessica's relationship is with Taeyeon, Krystal  deep down is an ardent supporter of Taeyeon. Always favoring Taeyeon over Tyler or any other people who try to court Jessica. 

'You secretly like Taeyeon, don't you little princess?'

'I don't know what you see in her. Honestly, all I care is you're always at your best when you guys are in a good term. I don't care about her really. It could be anyone but well you're different when you're with her' 

'Different?'

'Yeah, like, truly alive. And it just shows the way you carried yourself. Sometimes I wonder why it has to be Taeyeon

'You have no idea how many times I asked the same question, Krys.'

The dinner place is quite busy and crowded when Jessica and Krystal enter it, but, luckily, it's in a respectful neighbourhood and though people are aware that two famous idols are having dinner and one of them, Jessica that is, has been out of the country for quite a controversial reason, they remain respectful and eat their dinner quietly without prying into Jessica and Krystal in such obvious manner. 

"Thank God you picked this place, Krys, I can't imagine if we eat somewhere in Gangnam. My picture will be up in Dispatch or God knows where with a headline 'Former Girls' Generation member is in town. Is she preparing for her solo album?' 

Krystal laughs wholeheartedly, applauding her sister's sarcasm. 

"I'm not stupid you know."

Jessica laughs along with Krystal, ruffling her young sister's hair and hugging her lightly. 

A few moment later, a waitress arrives at their table, visibly nervous but trying hard to subdued her excitement. The waitress takes the beautiful sister pair's order which consists of Jessica's favourite sushi and sashimi roll and Krystal's dessert with a bottle of red wine. 

"Are you seriously eating dessert for a dinner, Krys? I'm gonna slap you in the face if I'm your personal trainer." 

Krystal shrugs, showing indifference towards Jessica's complains of her preference of dinner. 

"We're not supposed to talk about my dinner preference, we should talk about you," Krystal playfully appoints the straw that she's been playing with to Jessica's forehead. Earning an irked facial expression from the latter. 

"What are we going to talk about me?"

"All the unnies know you're in Seoul, right?"

Jessica, though clearly uncomfortable with Krystal's question, answers it nonetheless,"I call them yeah. Well not all of them, I called Sunny who happened to be with Tiffany and Seohyun. And then I called Yuri and Hyoyeon afterwards and I texted Sooyoung and Yoona because they're not answering my phone."

"And not Taeyeon unnie?"

Jessica sighs deeply, dropping her head slowly to Krystal's lanky shoulder.

"I can't bring myself to contact her. I'm not sure what will happen if I hear her voice."

"Well, you probably scream 'I ING HATE YOU KIM TAEYEON', and then cries like an insane person and then whisper quietly 'but I can't stop myself from loving you because I'm an idiot' and then hang up."

'"YAH! What kind of scenario is that! I'm not that dramatic!' 

Krystal sneers,"Tell me calling me in the middle of the night, sobbing uncontrollably, with 'Gemini' playing in the background wasn't dramatic." 

Jessica laughs again, remembering her ridiculous reaction the first time she heard 'Gemini', one of the songs from Taeyeon's mini album. 

"Nan neoreul ilhneun geon sangsangdo hal su eopseo.." Jessica suddenly sings a verse from Taeyeon's song and Krystal just smiles at her mindfully. 

"Do you know that everyone in the company knows it's about you?" 

"What?" Jessica scrunches her eyebrows, confuse. She always thought that everyone in the company doesn't know, well, some of them know, but Taeyeon has done a great job in covering it with her dating scandal. 

"Well, maybe I'm exaggerating but Amber, Luna, and Vic unnie came to me and asked me basically the same question 'I thought your sister and Taeyeon has broken up?'"

Jessica almost jumps out of her chair when she hears Krystal's story,"Oh my God! What did you tell them? How do they even know?" 

"The company's wall has ears you know."

"It could be about Baekhyun." 

"Yeah, in a universe where Taeyeon is not screaming 'I'M GAY' all over her attitude." 

Jessica laughs again, thoroughly enjoying Krystal's sarcasm who lightens up a what could be a sombre discussion. 

"Come on, the title is 'Gemini' and Gemini as long as we're talking about zodiac symbol is a twin. And whose Taeyeon's twin if not you?"

"I'm not sure whether I should be happy or devastated with the fact that you just told me, Krys." 

"Call her, unnie. Both of you can't go on like this. You need to have closure and the last time you guys met were very bad circumstances. It's been almost two years, surely you guys now have a different perspective, right?" 

Jessica sighs again, for uncountable times, smiling weakly at the nervous waitress and quickly gulps down a glass of red wine served in front of her. 

Taeyeon has been accustomed to the desolate apartment and yet she also knows that her loneliness doesn't stem from the apartment or not having Sunny and Tiffany as frequently as before. She's been binge-watching with Tiffany, or playing games incessantly with Sunny and yet she still feels as if the loneliness is eating her away. She stills went to bed crying with a chronic pain around her heart and wake up from a recurrent bad dream. In her dream, Taeyeon saw a closed door of her car and a figure she yearns to run to slowly fading away with the autumn wind. 

Right now Taeyeon is sitting in front of the television, and yet her mind is elsewhere, her mind is in her previous surprising encounter.

'You cut your hair'

The same sentence has been replayed by Taeyeon over and over again. Taeyeon takes a deep breath, closing her eyes and then the image of Jessica appears again in front of her. Even clearer than before, her hair dyed darker than the previous time they met, her aura has changed, Jessica has become more mature, more regal, even more like a royalty, a princess. 

Taeyeon's thought is interrupted by a buzz from her cell phone. She's annoyed by the fact that someone call her so late at night and yet she can't shoo away the feeling that it might be Jessica who finally calls her. 

An unrecognisable number appears on her screen. She usually rejects anonymous phone call but tonight she's hoping for a miracle. 

Apparently, if you believe in a miracle, or if you've been tortured by painful longing, miracle presents itself. 

"Annyeong. I know you're not sleeping," a voice, so smooth and delicate, rings to Taeyeon's ears. Awakening her every sense and she jumps out of the couch immediately. 

"Good guess, princess."

"Why are you not sleeping?"

Taeyeon chuckles and little does she know her chuckles has sent an electrifying buzz through Jessica's whole being, making Jessica smiles and adding her longing of Taeyeon. 

"I've forgotten what sleep is." 

"You're torturing yourself, Kim Taeyeon. You should take care of yourself, especially with your crazy schedule as a solo artist now." 

"Talking about solo, how's your solo going? Will you send me a CD? Have you listen to my album?" 

Now it's Jessica's turn to laugh, she's amused by the fact that it seems nothing has changed in Taeyeon.

"Still a master of retorting back question, huh?"

Taeyeon laughs utterly, letting out her signature ahjumma laugh. Thoroughly relieved by how Jessica and her quickly back at their back-and-forth bickering session towards each other despite their initial awkward meeting. 

"I've lost passion in taking care of myself, Sica."

"I guess that's the two of us." 

"But you look good, like, radiantly good."  

"Are you flirting with me, Taeyeon?" Jessica laughs, teasing Taeyeon whose unbeknownst to Jessica is burning red in the end of the receiver. 

"I'm not the flirting type, Sica," Taeyeon answers sheepishly, abashed by her boldness and quickly regretting her statement. 

"I know you're not, and you're such an awful phone receiver. Can I meet you?" 

"Right now?" 

"I might change my mind in a few second."

Taeyeon fidgets nervously and unconsciously shouts,"No no no! Let's meet, where do you want to meet?" 

Jessica laughs again, joyed by the fact it's not only Taeyeon who has a huge effect on her, but she still retains as much as a huge effect in Taeyeon. 

"I'll go to the dorm. Tiffany and Sunny's not there anyway, you'd probably will drink yourself to sleep." 

Jessica's response and her apparent straightforwardness annoys Taeyeon but nonetheless Taeyeon can't argue because Jessica is stating the truth. 

"I'm glad you haven't change, Sica. I'll see you soon."  

 

Author Notes:
I actually intends to write a one-shot but apparently I enjoy writing this too much. Anyway, if you happen to be reading my other stories: Simple Song and All I Ask, I just want to let you guys know that it's actually connected. Can you grasp the connection and the timeline? Comments are highly appreciated! Thanks!