The Proposal

Love Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 4 Laws for witches and warlocks

1. The fact that you are a witch or a warlock can only be revealed by you. If revealed by somebody else, they stand to lose their memory of meeting you.

2. If you do reveal the fact of your being a witch or warlock to a person and they don't keep it a secret,  they stand to lose their memory and you stand to lose your powers.

3. In no way try to attempt to bring back the dead. You will lose all your powers.

4. Never even try to attempt time travel. You will.... just don't.

 

Ji-hyo had noticed his enigmatic smile, but it did not escape her that neither his laugh earlier or his smile now seemed to change his eyes. If eyes were a window to the soul, then his windows were bolted shut. But she also sensed that hint of desperation in his voice as he asked her to stay. And Ji-hyo was not a person who ignored silent pleas.

She gave him her best smile and stepped back onto the deck. However, her heeled foot caught on to the groove and she stumbled. She held out her hand to hold on to Jong-kook and felt him grip hers so that she wouldn't fall. And that's when Song Ji-hyo realized that she had made the right decision. Because nothing could escape the jolt of electricity that coursed through her veins. The first time when they's shaken hand, she thought her brain had been playing games on her. But this 2nd time, she couldn't be wrong.

Jong-kook couldn't deny that he was happy as she stepped back inside. However, she stumbled and he held out his hand and gripped her outstretched one. And that's when Kim Jong-kook realized that he had made a big mistake. The 1st time it had happened, he had thought it was because of the cold weather. This time there was no mistaking it. The jolt of electricity that passed through his hand shook him to the core. He hated it. This was an unknown sensation and life had taught him to wary of unknown things. And he chose to ignore the pang of worry that he had felt as she had stumbled.

And somewhere unbeknownst to him, his heart that everybody said was encased in ice, started beating.

Song Ji-hyo steadied herself and looked up at him. His face seemed have a shuttered look with not a hint of emotion. She hid her hurt by straightening her dress out. She knew he felt it too. But she was hurt by his rejection of that emotion.

"Are you alright, Ji-hyosshi?"

"Y-yes, I am fine, thank you. Thank you also for preventing me for falling down."

"I wouldn't like a pretty lady like you to be injured, would I?" Jong-kook tried to appear nonchalant and tried to inject mockery.

She did on purpose. She knew I would help her. She probably intended the physical contact. Well, if it's s seduction she wants, a seduction she shall get.

Ji-hyo didn't like it one bit. She would have enjoyed a war of words with him earlier, but not now. He seemed to be mocking her for something she didn't know.

"Well, that is your prerogative, Jong-kooksshi. But thank you again, anyways. However, I hadn't noticed the time, but it is getting really late. I think I should leave. I can wait for the ship to dock in the kitchens."

Let her go, it is safer that way. The farther she is the better. 

Before he could say anything they heard a snicker. 

"I can't believe the heartless Kim Jong-kook is throwing a party to find a wife."

"Obviously, which lady would like to be alone with him and actually go on dates with that man?"

"His 35th birthday is the day after isn't it? That means he has to find a wife in 2 days?"

"Yes, if he wants the empire his old crone of a father left him. He doesn't need it though."

"Trust me, he probably wants it just so that his old man will turn in his grave knowing that his son was successful in getting his hands on the Kim empire. In some ways they are alike."

"Be that as it may, at least Kim Jong-kook treats his subordinates better. I heard the older Kim used to torture them and towards the end had gone completely insane."

"With a wife who had left him with a son so early into the marriage, it is surprising he didn't go crazy sooner. Especially since the wife ran away from her tyrannical husband. Don't you remember reading the paper all those years ago? She had actually written those words in the letter. Don't know how it got into the hands of the press, but it sure did cause a scandal."

"Wasn't that the reason, the older Kim wasn't sure if Jong-kook was his son?"

"Yes. The man looks like the male version of his mother. It must have galled him to look at the child's face everyday. If not for that birthmark on his neck- birthmark which all Kims have, the boy's parentage would have remained doubtful even now. I bet that birthmark angered his father more. He couldn't ignore it- just like he couldn't ignore that his heir would be the son he begot from his runaway wife."

"Whatever, this next Kim marriage will be in the eyes of everybody. He will either get a docile and a meek wife and break her spirit so that she will be under his thumb or he will get a trophy wife, get a legitimate heir and then have them both lead separate lives on their own."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter