The Cruise

Love Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

72 hours ago,

To say that Song Ji-hyo was bored would be the understatement of the century. She was so bored she was going to die. What was the local town librarian like her doing on a cruise ship for god's sake? She knew that the young town mayor had taken a fancy to her and was trying to court her. He had asked her to accompany him to a party on a cruise ship being hosted by some bigshot of a CEO. She had not wanted to hurt the timid, sweet man and besides she had nothing special to do on the weekend, so she had agreed to accompany him. 

Initially, she had been awed at the sheer grandeur of the whole thing. The mayor had deserted her to meet the local business owners, and Ji-hyo was left alone. She wandered here and there trying to avoid the people since she knew not a single soul. She headed upstairs where there seemed to be fewer people and a spotted small deck which was empty. She pointedly ignored the private sign. She needed to be alone and the sign suited her just fine.

She looked out to the vast expanse of the sea and felt tiny by the comparison. Suddenly, she had a thought. She looked around. There was nobody here. She could practice, couldn't she? She was becoming rusty in her skills. She was also feeling thirsty and had a sudden craving for coconut water.

Parched throat, I am dying slowly,

A glass of coconut water I need, for I am thirsty!!

She giggled as a glass of coconut water hovered mid-air in front of her. Yes, Song Ji-hyo was a witch - as was her mother - and her grandmother before her. Despite being orphaned at 12, her mother had managed to teach her the basics of casting spells. However, there was a problem. Song Ji-hyo was not a good witch. Well, she could cast the easy spells and could whip up a good dinner, but anything more than that, she had to concentrate. She failed at the bigger spells- or rather, they had different consequences than what she had intended. Like that one time she had tried to get her homework done and had accidentally ended up with her entire notebook filled with the word homework.

But she did practice on weekends so that she would not lose her skills. Despite the fact that nobody knew this, Ji-hyo was proud of her legacy. She wanted to teach magic to her kids too- if she had them. She quietly took a sip of the sweet coconut water and almost dropped it when she heard somebody clear a throat behind her.

"Friggin' annoying the whole lot of them" Jong-kook muttered as he extricated himself from the bevy of match-making Mamas and simpering misses. Though it was generally known that he was looking for a wife, he hadn't expected such an overwhelming response. He had thought his famous cool and icy demeanor would keep the majority away, but clearly, he hadn't met a woman hell bent on marrying her daughter off. To think that he had rented an entire cruise ship for everybody in his social circle for an unexceptionable endeavor. But, he didn't do anything by half measures. His 35th birthday was soon approaching and he wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. 

He grabbed a wine chute from a passing waiter and made his way across the room, deftly avoiding people. He intended to make his way to the miniature deck upstairs. He quickly made his way up there and was surprised to see that he wasn't alone. Irritated at the lack of privacy, he cleared his throat at the obvious feminine figure.

"Excuse me, Miss..."

She turned around and his breath caught in his throat. Beautiful, wearing a simple red dress, she seemed to holding a glass of coconut water in her hands. Wait...... coconut water?

"Oh, sorry sir, I apologize. I knew this was marked as a private area, but I just had to get away from the stifling crowd." She turned around and her heart skipped a beat. He was a handsome, no, the most handsome man she had ever met. He was so handsome she was going to die. He was simply dressed in a black suit and his golden brown hair shimmered in the yellow light.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter