Waltz Dancing

Perks of Being Nothing

2. waltz dancing 



 

1989damnfunkymonkey: they liked my video. job interview tomorrow

Ghostbu$terboyy2: u a lie

1989damnfunkymonkey: not lying dude. it happening

1989damnfunkymonkey: & kai personally messaged me

Ghostbu$terboyy2: so savage man

1989damnfunkymonkey: i hate ppl who use that word

1989damnfunkymonkey: it s stupid

Ghostbu$terboyy2: true

Ghostbu$terboyy2: just doin whats trending

Ghostbu$terboyy2: when naruto filler season is going to be over

-

“What about this?” Kyungsoo asked his mom, standing in her room.

She looked carefully with a smile on her lips. “It’s cute.”

Kyungsoo wore a red-and-blue plaid shirt, black skinnies, converse, and round glasses to make him look “cool”. He thought his outfit was okay but the more he stared into the mirror, the more he found himself drowning in complete distaste. Baekhyun told him that he needed to step out of his comfort zone and his mother seemed to agree.

“But it’s—I think it’s too much.”

His mom sighed. “No its not,” She confirms. “It’s perfect. You need to be freer with your style. You can’t show up to a job interview as a walking corpse.”

Kyungsoo hated the discrimination against his black fashion.

Black shouldn’t be looked at as a negative. Just because his soul danced with the color doesn’t mean it defined him. Or I did it? Or did that make any sense?

But he realized his mother was right. He can’t show up to LOLjokes studio with lifeless clothes when his future boss’s hearts bloom with color.

“Fine,” He groaned. “I’ll wear it.”

His mom smile was softer than it had ever been. “Are you excited?”

Kyungsoo thought. “More nervous than excited. But yes.”

“I hope you get this one. You’ll be doing something you love.”

“I hope so too,” Kyungsoo picked up his backpack that filled all his equipment, “But I’m anticipating the pay,” He heard his mom sigh but disregarded it. “Bye!”

-

The twists in Kyungsoo’s stomach were mocking a monstrous beast. He didn’t know if it was because hunger was calling him or if it was because that butterflies were becoming violent. He settled with hunger because he had only ate grain bar when the sun rose. So he pulled into McDonalds drive way and ordered himself some breakfast.

He cursed the employee mentally when he realized he didn’t have any sauce for his biscuit.

The day was already starting off bad.

LOLjokes studio was in the heart of downtown. Lucky because he was only five minutes away. Kai had told him all the time information and location after repeating himself of “you’re cute”.

Kyungsoo didn’t know why he kept saying that. His icon was of him with his iconic glare with a pout touching his lips. How was that cute?

Then all he reblogged was anime gifs and star wars theories with an embarrassing description.

Names Kyungsoo. 20. Suffering constantly. Anime trash. Don’t follow me.

Maybe linking his tumblr in the email wasn’t a good idea.

It wasn’t long after before he was nearing the studio.

He drove into a complex filled with different business, luxury cars filling the parking spaces. But here he was with his 2009 Toyota. Again, he wanted to die.

Kyungsoo parked and grabbed his book sack while getting out of his car. He looked for the studio number, 229. He felt his heart quicken as he took a step. They were slow and unwanted. But Kyungsoo wanted it to be like that. He didn’t want to go in there.

What if he didn’t get the job? What if he embarrassed himself? The questions were flying quicker than arrows and all he wanted to do was leave. But he thought about the future. He couldn’t turn away. If he did, it’ll be the worst decision he could make, Kyungsoo was sure.

He stopped in front a door with numbers that read 229 above its head.

Kyungsoo gulped.

After what felt like a century, he finally knocked.

His breath calmed when he saw a girl he knew all too well from online, Amber, open the door. She was LOLjokes assistant. She was the reason why the channel had grown so much and Kyungsoo ironically admired her. The boys always featured her in their vlogs and he had grown to become a fanboy.

“Job interview?” She asked with a knowing smile.

“Y-Yes.” Kyungsoo gripped his book sack strap.

Amber opened the door for Kyungsoo to enter and the loudness that trapped the room, announced itself. The members were in the middle table clowning like Kyungsoo imagined them to do.

He saw Chanyeol with a spear in his hand, telling a funny story. Kris and Sehun were laughing. Chen was adding some things into the story while Kai had a bright grin on his lips as he watched his friends be themselves.

Kyungsoo stopped, starstrucked.

There they were and there he was. Kai charms filled room in a way Kyungsoo could not explain. He remembers seeing Kai dancing for the first time when he was roaming through his phone on a rainy day. And he swore he fell in love. But his heart broke when Chanyeol asked Kai did he like guys and the lad replied with an aggressive “ no”.

Kyungsoo didn’t know why he was so impacted by this.

He scanned the room and notice how much color there was. The walls were of blues and yellows and reds. Guitars hung themselves. Clothes were oddly on the ground. There was two leather couches behind the table where a TV sat in front them. There was even plants and Kyungsoo knew it was immediately bought by Chen because he was obsessed with them; he watched too many of their vlogs.

This was the place where the meetings and skits happened. The place was where LOLjokes happened.

“Boys!” Amber shouted. “I have an interview to do so you all need to be quiet.”

Kyungsoo eyes widen when each member turned to him. They were all smiling except for Kai. His expression was hard to read and Kyungsoo wished he hadn’t come.

“Hi!” Chen screamed.

Kyungsoo almost had a fanboy attack. “H-Hi.” He waved, feeling stupid afterwards.

“This way. Oh name?” Amber asked.

“Kyungsoo.” He confirmed while following her to the back room. He could feel the eyes burning his skin as he walked in front the members. Not negative ones but curious—coming from Kai especially.

Amber opened a door to a private office. Like expected, it wasn’t your cliché office. It was filled with clothes everywhere, on the couch, on the floor, and even some on her desk. She threw them down just to add more disgust to the ground. “Sorry. Those s always spend the night here so they bring their clothes. It’s ridiculous.”

Kyungsoo laughed, sitting on the chair in front the desk. “It’s fine.” He looked at the large Mac computer and was amused by the Darth Vader sticker on it.

Amber sat in front him and tried to act professional but it wasn’t working. “I’m just going to ask some basic questions,” She pulled out a form with a pen tight in her hands. “How long have you been filming?”

“Since I was twelve? I started off young. I know that much.”

Amber recorded his words onto the paper. “Why did you start filming?”

“I had a Star Wars behind the scenes photobook when I was younger,” Kyungsoo remembered. “I was fascinated with the creation that went on the set. I—I always wanted to be one those people who help put projects together.”

Amber grinned. “Why do you feel that working with LOLjokes will be beneficial towards your career?”

Money, Kyungsoo thought. “Because I’ll finally be able to work with people who love what I love. Sharing passions is a cool thing, I think.” It wasn’t a lie. But he couldn’t help but think about the pay.

“Working with LOLjokes will require a lot of your time. Are you able sacrifice a lot for our crew?” Amber had a glint in her eyes that Kyungsoo couldn’t understand.

“Of course. My work comes first.”

Amber wrote down some more words. She looked up at Kyungsoo, beaming. “Can you start tomorrow?”

Kyungsoo eyes widen. “Of course!” He jumped out his seat and then sat down when embarrassment met him, “Yes I’m available tomorrow.”

Amber laughed. “Great,” She told him. “We have a creative meeting at 11. Then we film LOLtopics at 1. Two directors, you and Taemin, are going to be filming for that shoot. Finish the editing by 6 and boom, first day over. Is this too much?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Of course not!” Like hell it is.

Amber pulled out a piece of paper from her folder, handing it to Kyungsoo. “This is our schedule for this week.”

Kyungsoo gulped at the list. Six meetings. Two skits. Four LOLtopics to film. It was a lot. But it was worth it. “I got it.”

Amber grimaced. “Good,” She said. “And as soon as we saw your video, we knew we were going to hire you. This was just .”

Kyungsoo was left bewildered. “Really?”

“Yep. Kai especially was impressed. That wanted to tell you about the interview himself. It was weird,” Amber realized Kyungsoo had nothing to say about that fact so she said, “Well we’re about to film now so I need to go manage those s.”

“Oh sorry,” Kyungsoo apologized, rising from his seat. “So Taemin is the only one who films the videos?”

Amber opened the office door. “Yep but he’s been really busy with other projects which is why we need new more members.”

Kyungsoo was getting ready to comment until he felt an arm wrap around his shoulder. His heart leaped when he realized it was Chanyeol…with a camera in his hand. “Say hello to the fans, new guy!”

Holy . Chanyeol was vlogging.

Kyungsoo smile was a cry for help. “H-Hi.”

“Tell them your name.”

“Kyungsoo.”

Chanyeol smile brighten. “This is our new editor guys,” Kyungsoo smiled. “He’s going to be filming our . Now we don’t have to deal with Taemin all the time.”

Kyungsoo heard the other members laughed and he joined them too. Chanyeol removed his arm and pointed the camera on Kyungsoo to where it was only focusing on him. “So you start tomorrow?”

“Yeah.” He was a nervous wreck. Kyungsoo was now exposed to their millions of subscribers. He wondered what they would think of him.

“He’s so nervous.” Chen laughed in the back.

Chanyeol turned to his friend and then back to Kyungsoo with laughter filling the room. “I know,” He said. “Well I’m going to let him go before he burst out into sweats.” Chanyeol turned off his camera and gave a reassuring smile, “It’s gonna be fine dude. It’s going to take a while for you to warm up to the fan base but’s it’s going to be worth it. You’ll be a part of the family in no time.”

Kyungsoo sighed. “I hope so.”

Kyungsoo was forced to introduce himself to every member, shaking their hands. He tried his hardest not to look at Kai when he took his hand. “Hi.”

Kai smiled, stared a moment before saying, “You’re cuter in person.”

Everyone laughed except for Kyungsoo, a pink dusting his cheeks. “T-Thank you.”

Kai checked his watch. “Aw , we’re about to film in a little bit,” He confirmed. “I’ll take Kyungsoo outside. You guys get ready.”

Kyungsoo said his goodbyes, his heart pounding louder than it had ever did when he was alone with Kai outside. “Are you excited about tomorrow?” He asked.

Kyungsoo gulped. “Y-Yes. Of course.”

“So am I. I hope you’ll be able to handle us though.”

Kyungsoo laughed. “I’m sure I will.”

Kai stood there for a while before saying, “You’re really cute.”

Kyungsoo, again, wanted to die. “I know. It’s your fifth time telling me that.”

Kai laughed, stepping a little closer. He was bold. “Because you are.”

“Well thank you…”

“No problem,” Kai told him. “What do you think about me?”

Kyungsoo scoffed, all his nervous feelings leaving. “Dude we just met like two minutes ago. How would I know?”

Kai frowned. “Well don’t you watch our videos?”

“Yes.” He was caught.

“Then tell me what you think.” Kai grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist pulling him as he walked back playfully. Kyungsoo tried to stop him but he couldn’t help the amusement developing.

“I think you’re nice.” Kyungsoo laughed when Kai turned them into waltz dancers. Why was this guy like this?

“That’s it?”

“Yes!” Kyungsoo pulled himself away, pretending not to be flattered. “How do you do this to people you don’t even know?”

Kai shrugged, grabbing his wrists again. “If you watched my vlogs, you’ll know I’m straightforward.”

“Shouldn’t you be filming?” Kyungsoo never felt this way. All his cautiousness was gone. More comfortable than not.

“I should,” Kai remembered, releasing Kyungsoo’s wrists. “See you tomorrow?”

Kyungsoo smiled. “Yes.”

Kai began walking back to the studio’s door, but turned around. “You’re really cute, you know that?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and walked to his car.

-

1989damnfunkymonkey: kai flirted with me

1989damnfunkymonkey: thought he was straight

1989damnfunkymonkey: & i saw ur loverboy chanyeol.

Ghostbu$terboyy2: u a lie

 

-

 

i was unsure if i was going to finish this story but I got good feedback so thank you all! im going to finish this poor excuse of not writing my personal stories. & sorry for it being poorly written. im a detailed writer but for some odd reason when it comes to writing humor, im horrible. ill get better though. see you later frens – alex