Cuddle

Perks of Being Nothing

Kyungsoo never imaged this, going out with his old crush on a date. He remembers when he cried to Baekhyun the day he found out Kai wasn't gay but now that he's figured that was a lie. He feels like a fool. Well perhaps Kai was bi to say at least. All he knew was he was the lucky guy.

A very lucky guy to go hiking with Kai and his dogs.

But the thing was, Kyungsoo hated dogs. Ever since his cousins dog, Dobby Duck, bit him after trying to desperately to make friends with it at the age of 5, Kyungsoo never trusted dogs. They were cute, yes, but they weren't cats which was ironic because Kai hates acats. He's mentioned time after time in his vlogs.

Kyungsoo knew things were moving too fast. He had just met Kai three days ago, and they're already going on a date. But Kai had to really like him right? To want to start things off this quickly? It couldn't be just a fling to him, Kyungsoo hopes.

If Kai is only using him to get into his pants then Kyungsoo would honestly be heartbroken.

Since Kyungsoo started growing into his looks, no one really wanted him romantically but physically. Now that he thinks about it, Kai has only been physical with him, right off the bat. Sure he said a few kind words but he have been told those kind words a numerous of times and they still meant nothing in the end.

Kyungsoo stared at his phone and the thoughts of cutting off the date crossed his mind. He didn't want to get hurt yet again. Especially by Kai. He didn't deserve it, nor would he allow it.

However, he would never find someone if he used his pasts to prevent the future. He had to take chances. He had to give Kai a chance because no matter how much he denied it, he liked Kai a lot. A lot.

So he did what he felt was best.

He texted him.

Kyungsoo: What time are we meeting?

He stared at his phone, chewing on his bottom lip. He sighed as he felt his heart pound. This was the first time he had text Kai. And to add to it, he'd never imagined doing anything like this before.

A few moments later, his phone buzzed.

Kai: Hi!!!
Kai: 2 pm?

Kyungsoo: Okay.
Kyungsoo: I don't have dogs though.

Kai: That's fine. You can walk Harry Potter if you want.
Kai: I have 2 dogs
Kai: Harry Potter & Peter Pan

Kyungsoo: ugly names but fine

Kai: Lol
Kai: I'll see u later then?
Kai: Cutie pie

Kyungsoo: Sure & don't call me that please. But where are we meeting at?

Kai: The studio

Kyungsoo: Fine

Kai: Fine

-

Kyungsoo sat in his car in front of LolJokes studio. He had decided to wear a plain white tshirt, black shorts, and sandals. Stupidity met him when he realized sandals weren't for hiking. He brushed his fingers through his hair while accepting that Kai would probably make fun of him.

Kyungsoo played with his phone, trying to erase his nervous behavior. A smile touched his lips when he had seen Baekhyun post a picture of his man crush Monday who happened to be Chanyeol. Maybe he should tell the tall lad about his best friend and his hoe like tendencies.

Kyungsoo felt his heart jump when a small knock touched his window. Kai stood there with a wide smile on his handsome face. Kyungsoo could feel a blush heating his cheeks.

"You're gonna get out or what?" Kai asked.

Kyungsoo gulped and opened the car door. Kai was wearing a tie die with black gym shorts and Nike shoes. Kyungsoo felt pathetic with his little sandals.

He was surprised to see that Kai had a black truck right beside his car. In his vlogs, he always had a jeep - always bragged about his jeep. "New car?"

Kai nodded. "Yeah. I got it yesterday."

"Oh. Nice."

Kai opened the passenger door for his date, "After you," earning him a soft smile.

Kyungsoo eyes widen when the sight of Harry Potter and Peter Pan sitting in the back seat caught him. They were bigger than he thought, two German Shepards. "You expect me to walk those things?"

"They're not things. They're family. You don't have to walk Harry Potter if you don't want to."

Kyungsoo could see the visible frown on his date's face. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine," Kai declared, "Ready to go?"

Kyungsoo gave a anticipating nod.

-
The car ride was awkward, well for Kyungsoo it was because he doubts Kai felt it. He kept humming to a Frank Ocean song which surprised Kyungsoo. Kai didn't seem like the type to listen to R&b. More of a rock kind of guy.

Occasionally, his dogs would come and his face. Kyungsoo thought it was cute until they started doing the same to him. He tried to be nice but his hatred of dogs was too vast.

"Kai. Can make your dogs stop?" Kyungsoo pouted when he heard Kai sigh, it was obvious he was protective over them. "Please?" No response. "Please babe?" Kyungsoo chuckled when Kai hushed his dogs a second later after the pet name. Clearly it had a affect. A wonderful one at that.

"When we start dating, call me that all the time," Kai told him. "For example, every time you see me, just say 'hi babe' or when I leave, 'bye babe'."

Kyungsoo laughed. "When we start dating? What's make you so confident? You don't even know me."

"I just know. I never been so excited to be with someone before. I know we're moving too fast but I don't know. I think we match."

"You're insane."

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Mhmm."

Kai smiled shyly, the first time Kyungsoo had ever seen it. "I've known you for the last four years," He told him, "I would always see your comments on our videos and I thought you were so cute but then you stopped commenting maybe a year back? I always wondered what happened to you and I just so happened to find you on tumblr. That's cute right?"

Kyungsoo eyes were competing with owls just about now. Kai had liked him all this time? He thought he was just an overlooked fan. Kyungsoo was so happy that he couldn't stop smiling. "Really?" Kai nodded. "Oh my god. Yes. Yes. That's really cute."

Kai smiled. "I'm Jongin. My real name is Jongin."

Kyungsoo kept his eyes on the road, too embarrassed. "Why are you telling me your real name?"

"Because you're going to be my boyfriend soon."

Kyungsoo sighed. "Kai, I mean Jongin, you're taking this way too far."

"Fine."

"Fine."

-
Kyungsoo and Jongin hiked quietly, a unexpected comfortable silence. The scenery was breathtaking. The smell of the earth crashing desperately through him made everything okay. However, his sandals weren't helping. They kept slipping and sliding as he tried to catch up with Jongin and Peter Pan.

Harry Potter was a explorer and didn't like being kept on a leash which only stressed Kyungsoo out. But he digested the struggles because he didn't want to seem whiny.

"Jongin!" He yelled in annoyance after seeing him speed his paste, knowing Kyungsoo couldn't keep up. "Jongin!" He tried once more but no response was heard. "Babe, wait for me!"

Jongin stopped his tracks and turned around with a sly smile. "I kept walking just so you could say that."

Kyungsoo groaned and said, "You're stupid," once he caught up with his date.

"And you're cute."

"You tell me that every second!"

"Because you are!"

Kyungsoo attention was stolen by the river that was roaring with small waves. The water was clear as ever and the silence was just as comforting. "Jongin, look."

"You never seen a river before?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Never really got the house."

"Well if we start dating then you'll have all kinds of adventures." He smiled.

Kyungsoo, too amazed by his view, ignored Jongin. He was so in awe that he didn't feel Jongins arms snake around his waist, Peter and Harry side by side just like their parents.

Jongin put his head in the crook of Kyungsoos neck. "I'm sorry for being too forward but this feeling I get when I'm around you is weird. And please don't bring up me knowing you for three days. I know that's not long enough but I - I can't explain it."

"It's okay to feel how you feel. I like how forward you are. I just don't want to waste my time."

"You won't...cuddly bear."

Kyungsoo frowned at the nickname. "What the heck? Cuddly bear?"

"Yeah, it's cute right?"

"Yeah but don't call me that. It's weird ."

Jongin laughed surprisingly. "No it's not," he told him, "You call me cuddle bear and I'll call you cuddly bear."

Kyungsoo felt like dying. "Ew no. What about babe?"

"Call me that too."

"Fine." Kyungsoo settled.

Jongin hugged him tighter. "That's really cute, cuddly bear."

"I suppose."

"Oh and one more thing," Jongin turned his cuddly bear around and looked him in the eye, another shy smile touching his lips. "Kiss me if you want to go see a movie later."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, no nervous feelings meeting him. All he felt was complete comfortableness. "Fine."

Jongin celebrated as he received a quick peck on the lips. It wasn't long but worth it. He was sure he would have greater kisses from Kyungsoo because he had already gotten the guy to call him cuddle bear after knowing him for...three days.

 

//

my writing is bad at the moment because i haven't written in a while :/ sorry.