3. A Tour Around School and Other Adventures

Competition

After homeroom period had finished, Mr. Park had given Jisoo and Seungcheol permission to skip the next few classes to give Jeonghan a tour of their high school. Jisoo was elated, because it was a great opportunity to meet new people. It doesn’t help that the said person was the most beautiful thing he had seen.

 

Jisoo wasn’t usually the kind of person people want to hang out with. He was kind and a gentleman, but he can be seen as boring or as the person that you ask for a pencil from and never talk to again. Jisoo sometimes wonders how Seungcheol was still interested in being around him. Maybe the new boy would like being with Jisoo too.

 

Once the three students left the classroom, Seungcheol didn’t hesitate to introduce himself and Jisoo. “I’m Seungcheol, and this cutie over here is Jisoo and we're here to show you around.” Seungcheol pinched Jisoo’s cheeks like he usually did when teasing him. Jisoo just shot him a look, despite feeling embarrassed, because really Seungcheol? Right now?

 

However, he tried his best to recover from that. “We’ll first show you around this floor and the cafeteria, and then we’ll explore the second and third floors. We’ll also talk about different clubs and activities going on. You ready?”

 

Jeonghan nodded politely, and the three students started the tour.

 


 

The tour had gone pretty well. The two friends had told Jeonghan about everything the school does, from clubs to assemblies, inserting their opinions every now and then. (“To be honest, I think that science is easier than art.” “You only say that because you at art, Cheol.”)

 

Jeonghan had enjoyed it as well, because the two boys seemed like such fun people. However, he was curious about something, and Jeonghan doesn’t really think when he felt curious. “Are you two dating or something?”

 

A few seconds had passed before the pair started laughing. “No, we’re not dating,” Jisoo had answered amusedly.

 

Jeonghan felt awkward, and mumbled a small apology. Seungcheol seemed to have heard, because he had added that the two of them had been asked that question many times before, so it didn’t really matter anymore.

 

“It’s probably because you guys are so close,” Jeonghan noted, before mumbling, “and that you guys argue like a married couple.”

 

“We do not!” Jisoo and Seungcheol had exclaimed at the same time, before looking at each other and laughing again. This time, Jeonghan joined in.

 

Yep, Jeonghan liked these guys.

 


By the time the tour was over, it was lunchtime. Jeonghan, Seungcheol and Jisoo had went to the cafeteria, and the latter two led Jeonghan to their usual table, where four other boys were sitting. One was reading, another was trying to start conversation with the first, and the other two seemed to be having a debate on whether it was okay to have midnight snacks or not.

 

“There are usually more of us here, but some of our friends have dance practice, and others have other clubs,” Jisoo explained to Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol sat down with his lunch, Jisoo sitting next to him and Thing One. Mr. Tired-Of-Your--Who-Happens-To-Be-A-Potterhead was the first one to notice them, with Thing Two noticing next, poking Pining Friend to get his attention- oh sorry, Jeonghan usually makes nicknames for people he meets for the first time. Sometimes he keeps them. In his head, he called Jisoo “the Holy Jisoo” because of his kindness and purity and Seungcheol “Dad Cheol” because of how he can be so caring yet so fun at the same time.

 

“Guys, here’s Jeonghan. He just joined our class today.” Seungcheol was introducing Jeonghan to his friends. Thing One and Two were Seungkwan and Hansol, Mr. Tired-Of-Your--Who-Happens-To-Be-A-Potterhead was named Wonwoo and Pining Friend was named Mingyu. Jisoo mentioned to Jeonghan that it was less chaotic than usual.

 

Thing One (well, Seungkwan, but it’s easier to call him Thing One) was excitedly talking about Beyoncé’s new album with Jeonghan after he noted that he was a big fan. Jisoo was eating lunch, and Seungcheol started up a conversation with Mingyu Pining Friend, because Wonwoo Mr. Tired-Of-Your--Who-Happens-To-Be-A-Potterhead was still reading the Deathly Hallows and not talking to anybody (though he did look a bit sad, did he get to the death scene of his favourite character or something?).



This is turning out to be one of the most entertaining first days ever.


A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update! I was caught up with school and fasting Ramadan, so it was kind of hectic. But don't worry! I'll try my best to update as much as I can. But for now, enjoy this update ^^