1. A Tuesday Morning Like No Other

Competition

It was your average Tuesday autumn morning. The sky was quite blue, with a few fluffy clouds dotting the sky. Leaves of all colours had littered the slightly cold ground, while a few more had been softly dropping from the many trees in the area. The atmosphere was quite serene, like a pretty vase that held the most beautiful flowers-

 

“Oh no, I’m gonna be late!”

 

-and like a vase that was knocked off of a table, the serene atmosphere was shattered immediately. All that can be heard is footsteps and the panicking voice of a teenaged boy. He was running out of his house, while saying goodbye to his parents.

 

This boy was named Choi Seungcheol. At school, he was on the basketball team, and was quite well known for his athletic abilities. He was also interested in music, but not many people know that. But let’s get back to the story.

 

This Tuesday was just not going well for him. Seungcheol had woken up late, spilled his milk in the rush to leave the house, and almost put his shoes on backwards.

 

Let’s just say that Seungcheol is pretty clumsy sometimes.

 

Seungcheol had to sprint to get to school on time, and by the time he arrived, he was out of breath and felt like he was going to pass out. He had gotten to his locker, and quickly put his stuff away (almost forgetting his pencil case, and even his notebook!) and ran to class.

 

At least one thing went okay for him in the morning- the teacher wasn’t there yet. However, all of the students were already there, standing around, talking to friends, or doing their own thing.

 

Seungcheol had heard someone call his name, and he looked to see Jisoo, his best friend and neighbor calling for him from his desk. Seungcheol had walked- more like dragged himself- over to Jisoo.

 

Jisoo had put down the book he was reading while waiting for his friend. Because Seungcheol wasn’t there when he was, and that none of their other friends were in their homeroom, Jisoo had been reading to entertain himself. However, because some of the loudest talkers sat right in front of him, he had heard an interesting rumour that he couldn’t just not tell Seungcheol, even though Jisoo himself is usually against this sort of thing.

 

“I heard something you might want to know,” he mentioned softly to his friend.

 

Seungcheol’s eyes widened as he dramatically exclaimed, “Wow, it’s already the end of the world! Jisoo Joshua Hong is helping to spread a rumour! I’m too handsome to die~!”

 

“Shut up! Anyways, I heard that we are having a new student today,” Jisoo replied, lightly hitting the older boy’s arm.

 

“Really? Wow, a new student in the middle of November, in our class? That is pretty hard to believe,” Seungcheol noted. Even though he would be happy to welcome a new student to the school, the timing was not the best, so it was pretty unbelievable.

 

“Even though there’s a big chance that it’s not true, at least give it a chance, Cheol.”

 

Jisoo usually dismissed rumours as childish and untrue. Why was he acting so out of character today? Seungcheol was confused.

 

However, to ease that feeling, he made fun out of this conversation. “If there is no new kid today, you’re buying me lunch today.”

 

Jisoo chuckled lightly, looking pretty amused. “Well, I bet you're wrong. If so, you’re buying me lunch today.”

 

Seungcheol usually didn’t like buying anything for Jisoo, because he always took the most expensive things available. But for the sake of getting the chance to have a free lunch, he agreed. Now there’s the Jisoo that Seungcheol knows and loves- well, not in that way, even though both of them are into guys. (Jisoo is bi, and Seungcheol is gay.)

 

When Seungcheol noticed the others scrambling to their seats, he took it as a cue to sit down too, because their teacher was almost here and he hated it when students are out of their seats when he comes in.

 

Mr. Park had opened the door and walked in, with a student with long hair trailing behind. Jisoo had looked back at Seungcheol with a smirk, and Seungcheol rolled his eyes. His wallet is going to be drained today.

 

“Class, we are going to have a new student join our class. Please welcome Jeonghan Yoon into the class. Please treat him well.” Mr. Park declared to the class. The said student turned to face the class, and oh god, he looked beautiful.

 

This boy had long, slightly wavy brown hair, smooth skin, and the prettiest smile Seungcheol had ever seen. To be honest, Seungcheol pretty much melted at the sight of this boy. The same can be said for Jisoo. His face got slightly red at the sight of him.

 

What made the two melt even more was the beautiful- no, angelic boy’s voice. “Hello, I am Jeonghan. Please take care of me,” the said boy had stated with a bow. The girls must be having a field day with this boy joining the class.

 

“Jeonghan, you can sit beside Minju. Can you raise your hand, please?”

 

Jisoo was disappointed, because Minju’s seat was across the room from him. Seungcheol, however, was elated, because Jeonghan was going to sit in the row in front of him, near his desk.

 

The said boy had walked to his desk (even his walk was graceful, he’s really destroying Jisoo and Seungcheol with his beauty) and had sat down at his seat.

 

Afterwards, Mr. Park had asked, “Would any of you like to show Jeonghan around later?” and the two best friends’ hands had immediately shot up, because who wouldn’t want to spend time with Jeonghan?

 

“Okay, Seungcheol and Jisoo will show you around.”


Once the teacher had started his lesson, Jeonghan had already got two guys falling for him.