Part Two

Can You Fix Me?

This has been long overdue. I thought that I should pick this up again sicne I've been looking for something to do lately to relieve stress. Sorry for the delay guys and enjoy~

 


 

Your face began to burn up. Oh shoot, he must have heard me calling him a drunkard earlier. You cupped your face with your hands in embarrassment. "Eotteoke," you whined like a child. Well, you are one. In just a week or two, you will be turning 19. Plus, you still lived with your dad. You sneaked a peek at his face between your fingers. He was chuckling.

 

"Alright alright. I’ll take it" he suddenly spoke up. He got up from the bench and reached for the handkerchief in your hands that was currently around your face. She’s not bad looking or maybe I just have too many cans of beer for today. It’s been awhile since I drank this much.

 

His movement surprised you. He was taller than he looked. When he pulled on the handkerchief, you immediately let go of it. You weren’t sure what he was going to do, and to be frank, you were scared. Your knees felt weak, and your shoulder felt tight and tense. The handkerchief then fell smoothly and easily into his hands.

 

"Thank you," he smiled sweetly at you.

 

You blinked. Looking at his smile, your body felt relaxed and your mind became calm. He didn’t seem dangerous, let alone a or murderer. He looked like a child who had just been comforted by his mother, so innocent and so vulnerable. You wanted to touch him. Not in that way. There was just this instinct inside of you, urging you to hug him- to hold him.

 

"You’re welcome" you smiled back at him still trying to resist.

 

Her smile looks like the sun kissing the earth- so warm and so loving. He haven’t seen that kind of smile in a long time. His thoughts began to race in his head. Now, I don’t know what to say. Should I tell her my name or should I just give her back the handkerchief and leave?

 

He folded the handkerchief and stuffed it into his pocket. "I’m Seo Kangjoon, but you can call me Joon" he broke the ice. Less than a second later, you hear him curse beneath his breath. You gave him a funny look. It seems to you that he was panicking.

 

Why did I give her my real name? Are you an idiot? Think about it. An actor drunk, crying in a public park. Just think about what it’ll do to your career if dispatch catches you.

 

"Kangjoon," you quickly directed his attention back to you, "I like the sound of that." Smiling, you grabbed his hands to shake it and introduced yourself, "The name is Kim Se In. It’s nice to meet you" He suddenly froze. "Is there something wrong, Kangjoon-ssi?"

 

"Nothing...I-"

 

"You what..?"

 

"You don’t have any relations with Kim Jongin, right? The two names just sound so similar"

 

You burst into laughters, "Kim Jongin as in the kpop idol Kim Jongin?" You shook your head in amusement. Does this guy really think a girl like me would know a famous idol like that? This is too amusing. He began scratching the back of his neck as he bit his lips.

 

"I’m sorry," you apologized, "I didn’t mean to laugh at you. You must be great at telling jokes when you’re not upset. There’s no way I would know someone that famous, and plus, I think I would know if EXO’s Kim Jongin was part of my family"

 

She’s right. Why would a normal person like her be related to Jongin anyway? The chances of that being true is so slim.

 

"I never thought that my joke would be this funny. My friends would always told me that if I value my reputation, I should never tell anyone my jokes" He smiled.

 

You let out a small chuckle. "Anyway, I’m sorry for mistaking you as his family members," he apologized, "It was silly of me to do so"

 

"You think?" you laughed again only to be interrupted by the sound of someone’s stomach growling. You eyed his stomach really quickly and backed to your cross-bag that’s dangling by your side. You started to think. You got a bonus today, and you weren’t exactly going to spend all of that money on and by yourself. Don’t you think you’re being a little bit suggestive now, Se In?

 

"No, I’m not. Just go away. You’re being annoying" you answered back, shaking your head.

 

Realizing that you were still in a conversation with him, you suddenly felt embarrassed. You could feel the blood rush up to your face. "H-hey, Kangjoon-ssi" your voice soften and cracked a bit. "If you want, I can buy you something to eat, you sound hungry"

 

"Aniyo, aniyo" he repeated as he shook his head. He didn’t want to be indebted to a stranger, let alone a girl. You were already kind enough to let him borrow your handkerchief. He didn’t want to ask for more.

 

"Ah no, please. It’s nothing. My mother always taught me to do good things for people, and it seems like you could use a nice meal or two" you replied with your best smile, hoping that it would convince him.

 

To your surprise, he scoffed lightly in response as if he remember something unpleasant in his past. Ah the smile...it reminds me of her. She used to be this nice to me too. I wonder when it all began to change. When she started to love me less or if she ever did love me at all.

 

"Kangjoon-ssi?"

 

"Ah, yes sorry" he snapped back to reality. "I’m fine," he said as he reached into his pocket to find his wallet, "See I have my own money to buy food"

 

"Er Kangjoon-ssi...your wallet...it’s empty" you shyly motion your finger at the wallet for him to look at it. You began to giggle to yourself. "You spend it all on the alcohol, didn’t you?" you shook your head at him as you playfully poke him on the chest. His face flushed, and his muscle tensed up.  

 

He covered his eyes, shaking his head in the meanwhile. "Hahaha how embarrassing" he started to laugh at himself. His laughter put a smile on your face so effortlessly, yet at the same time, it bothered you. You couldn’t begin to wonder what caused a person like him to be that sad. It must have been something heavy. Something that couldn’t be easily replaced.

 

You shook your head before smiling and chuckling back at him, "Well I guess it’s settled then"

 

"What’s settle?" he paused and asked in confusion.

 

"Dinner, of course" you said cheerfully as you started to walk ahead of him.  "Come on, I know a place down by the corner. My treat" you turned around and flashed him one of your best smiles and a peace sign right by your eyes.

 

He covered his mouth with a loose fist, trying to conceal his chuckles before running after you.

 

"Hey slow down, wait for me"

 

"Come on now, Kangjoon-ssi. I can’t wait for you forever, you know"


And you were right. You really couldn’t wait for him forever...