Part One

Can You Fix Me?

 

He crushed the can in his hand before shooting it across the adjacent park bench. "I should have known" Everything was so obvious, but somehow he had missed it; and that, in return has marked his downfall. He tried his best to hold back the tears when his father’s words echoed inside of his head, "Real men do not cry" He was right, real men do not cry even if the pain is excruciating.  Maybe he’s just wasn’t "man" enough. Maybe that’s why she cheated. 

 

"Thank you for shopping with us! Please come visit us again!" you closed the door, sighing. There have been so many customers today that you had lost track of how many customers there was. Being a sale associate was not as easy as you thought. "I swear I’m going to murder you two" you mumbled beneath your breath. Your frown soon faded into a smile as another customer walked in.

 

"How many does this make?" He wondered to himself as he looked down at another crushed beer can in his hand. "Probably the ninth or the tenth. Eh" He shrugged, throwing the can recklessly into the empty spaces around him. At first he was trying to shoot for the trashcan, but he realized that it didn't matter if he made it in or not. Some things just don't matter anymore. He sighed again and leaned against the bench handle, resting his head along the curvy part. "I don't miss her..." he closed my eyes. “I can’t miss her."

 

You looked at the clock; the hand is at 6pm. Yes, you squealed on the inside. Work is done, and it’s finally time to flee. “Thank you so much for having me today, take care everyone!” You bowed at your sunbaes after putting on your coat and slinging on your purse to the side. Walking out the store, you began to giggle to yourself, "I wonder what I should eat today for dinner"

 

Today was pay day, and you received a bonus for your perfect attendance and for reaching your sale goal. It didn’t matter where you went to eat really; As long as you treat yourself to something special, it will be worth it. The road up ahead was blocked; it seemed that there was an accident there and the path had been sealed off. Luckily, you still remember the shortcut up ahead you used to take with your father. The park was beautiful and peaceful; the branches of the trees were covered in snow and little kids were cuddling against their mothers’ arms. You heard a noise and stopped. "What was that?" After scanning your surrounding, you saw a man lying on the park bench surrounded by a sea of beer cans. "Ah just another drunkard."

 

He had his eyes close, A young lady just called me a drunkard. Who can blame her anyway? It’s not like I was always like this. He began to think about the life that he had before this mess. How he met his cousin for the first time in twenty years- how he bought that girl a cup of coffee- how he became big as an actor after that drama- how he was given a chance of a lifetime to be on roommate- how he was able to befriend so many experienced idols.

 

"I used to smile so easily. I used to joke around so freely. When did it all disappear? Why did I become such a mess?" He let out a heavy sigh before tossing to his side. "Why is this happening to me?" 

 

You continued to walk, but his voice bothered you. It was the voice of a broken child. It’s not like you expected any response from him, but you also did not expect him to say the words he said. "Don’t turn around now, Se In. You don’t know him. He can be a or a murderer for all you know" you whispered ever so softly.

 

You didn’t know what to do. Your mother always told you to help others- that random acts of kindness is how love and compassion can continue to exist in this cruel world. You always wondered if it was true. You wondered if he was that someone you were supposed to help out. You bit your lips as you slightly turned your shoulder. Don’t turn around. Se in....Se In...YAH KIM SE IN!

 

You rushed back to the park bench, panting, and when you looked up, you saw it. His tears falling onto the ground. It seemed so heavy- like it had the density of a dying stars- like each tears carried his insecurities and his fears. You clenched your chest as a sharp pain tug at your heartstrings.

 

She’s staring at me


Yet, he couldn’t seem to stop crying. A part of him hated this weakness, but a part of him was relived. He felt so suffocated in the house. With his cousin and his ex-girlfriend living with him, there was no way that he could relax. Finally, he was able to show someone that he was not as strong and indifferent as everyone think he is. He wiped away the tears in one of his eyes with his finger, smiling in the process. "I’m alright now so don’t look so sad"

 

"Eh?" You blurted out without thinking. Was I making a sad face at this man?

 

Your hands were still clenched around your chest. It seems that you were making such a face. "I’m sorry," you apologized slowly, "I didn’t mean to offend you" The moment fell silent. You didn’t know what to do or say. Fumbling around your purse, you were able to find the handkerchief your dad gave you after your mom died.

 

"Umm...h-here you go"

 

He looked down at the blue handkerchief in front of him. A long embellished dragon stretched across the canvas. "Are you sure? Aren’t you afraid that this drunkard is going to dirty it?" He let out a chuckle before wiping his other eyes with his own sleeves.


"I rather not taint something so beautiful"

 


 

First chapter is up~ Let me know what you think. Sorry for the confusion too. The italices are meant to be the person's inner thoughts. I'm not sure how to express it other than just using that ._.