Taegi - Music

BTS One Shots

     It was unsually cold for September, the wind howled outside as Yoongi stared out the window, watching the rain beat against the glass. He tapped his pen along with the rhythm and nodded. “Hmm, decent beat.” he smiled.

     He was trying to get his mind off the stranger he met earlier that day, it was the third  time he had seen him in the music store that week.  He mustered up some courage and finally said hi to him in front of the saxophones. Taehyung had thought the small guy worked there and asked him how much one of the saxes were, Yoongi only laughed.

     “I don’t work here.” Yoongi smiled, “Do you play?”

     “A couple years ago I stopped because my boyfriend threw my sax out the window, never was the same after that.” Taehyung frowned. “I was thinking about taking it up again.”

     Yoongi noticed how handsome he was and how he was so passionate about music, someone who shared the same passion as he did, was so rare to find. They talked for three hours over a cup of coffee at his favorite cafe, before Taehyung had to rush out bcause he was  late for work, Yoongi never did get his number.

      He looked back out the window and saw a pair of headlights in his driveway and someone behind the car pushing it. He grabbed his coat and went to the door to open it just as Taehyung came into view. They both stopped and smiled.

     “You!” they both exclaimed.

     “What happened to your car?” Yoongi asked, inviting him in, Taehyung was soaked and shivering.

     “It broke down on my way home, stupid car.” Taehyung growled. Yoongi grabbed him a towel.

     “You should get out of those wet clothes, is there someone I can call for you?” Yoongi asked and went into the kitchen. “Do you like tea?” he called back.

     “Uh yeah, please and no, no one to call.” He ped his jacket and cupped his hand to blow some warm air in to make them less numb.

     Yoongi came back in moments later with a shirt and a pair of pants, “Not exactly your size, but we can throw yours in the dryer.”

     Taehyung took them and smiled. “I didn’t expect our second encounter to be me taking my clothes off.” Taehyung joked and Yoongi blushed.

     “Once your clothes are dry, I can give you a ride home.” Yoongi was suddenly nervous.

     “Okay thanks.” He nodded.

     “I’ll have your tea ready by the time your done changing. The dryer is in the closet in the bathroom, throw them in.” Yoongi informed him and then went back into the kitchen.

     Time passed fast and before they both knew it, it was six A.M., Taehyung yawned.

     “You can crash on my couch if you want.” Yoongi stood and grabbed the tea cups.

     “You sure? I don’t want to be a bother.” Taehyung stood.

     “I don’t want to fall asleep and kill us on the way to your house.” he smirked and set the cups in the sink.

     

     Three years later,Taehyung and Yoongi sat at the Cafe,  reminiscing about the day his car broke down and fate intervened. A familiar song came on the radio.

     “Hey Jungkook, turn that up.” Taehyung yelled to the barista.

     Yoongi smiled as he heard his song on the radio. The words, “Why are you at my doorstep at 3 in the morning?” filled the room, Taehyung’s beautiful voice made Yoongi smile. He tapped along with the beat, which sounded oddly like the rain tapping on his window from that very same night.

 


PROMPT: Taegi -why are you at my doorstep at 3 in the morning.

my tumblr link: http://jinskookie.tumblr.com/post/136818557275/1-and-taegi-please-did-i-do-this-correctly