first impressions

first impressions

The apartment always felt so lonely when he was gone. It was only when he was there that it ever truly feel like home to you. You picked out the apartment together, Taehyung deciding that it was perfect because it had an amazing view of the city, a view that was only rivaled by your beauty he said as you both looked out the window at the streets below. You even decorated it together, Taehyung insisting on hanging up pictures of the two of you on the living room wall so you would always be reminded of him while he was gone.

Being an idol meant that Taehyung was extremely busy and wasn’t home very often, especially during promotional cycles and tours, but you knew what you were getting into when you started dating him. However, that thought didn’t often make it any easier when you hadn’t seen your boyfriend in weeks and all you wanted to do was be in his arms. You knew it was hard for Taehyung too but somehow you guys had still managed to make it work.

“Tae, I miss you so much,” you said to him during one of your late night Skype calls.

“I know baby, I know. I miss you too. It’s so hard to see you through the screen but not be able to reach out and hold you,” he admitted to you, lifting up his hand and touching the screen with sadness in his eyes.

He had just gotten to his hotel room for the night, even though it was nearly 3am, but you always stayed up for a chance to be able to talk to him. You exchanged a few texts during the day, whenever he had time between activities, but it was being able to hear his voice and see his face through the computer screen that made it bearable to be away from him for so long.

“A month is too long to go without seeing you. The apartment feels so cold without you Tae. I need my personal sun to come home,” you said to him. You had always told Taehyung like he was like a ray of sunshine in your life because he always had a way of making you happy when you were with him.

“I know. Our schedule has been so hectic lately and I’m sorry,” he said while looking a little sad. “But I do have some good news!” he exclaimed, a wide grin breaking out across his face. You could tell that it must have been really good news because even his eyes were smiling and that only happened when he was truly happy about something.

“Ouuuu what is it Taehyung?” you asked, eager to hear what he had to tell you.

“After the tour is over, we get a two week break! And my parents have been dying to meet you so I thought we could take a trip and you could finally meet my family,” Taehyung said, every word practically dripping with enthusiasm.

You and Taehyung had been dating for 2 years and you lived together, but his busy schedule had always come in the way of you ever meeting his parents. He was really close with his family so you knew that it was hard for him to have a girlfriend that they had never met. You could definitely understand his excitement.

“That sounds amazing,” you said. “I’m so excited to be able to spend some time with you.” Truthfully, you were beyond nervous to meet his family but you didn’t want to tell him that because he seemed so happy. You were always filled with joy because of the fact that Taehyung was so excited for you to meet his parents.

“I feel the same way babe. You know I hate leaving you home alone for so long,” he said while holding back a yawn. You could tell that he was exhausted and you knew that he had to be up in a few hours for another long day so you bid him goodnight and told him to rest well.

You closed the computer and looked around your empty apartment, desperately wishing that he was home. You couldn’t believe that you were going to get to meet his family in a few weeks. What if they didn’t like you? You knew that Taehyung highly valued their opinions so if they didn’t like you, that wouldn’t be good for your relationship. You were never very good at first impressions so you went to bed that night with worry plaguing your mind.


A few weeks later, you woke up in the middle of the night to someone knocking on the door. You had no idea who it could be because you didn’t actually know that many people in the city, much less people who would want to pay you an impromptu midnight visit.

You carefully tiptoed out of bed, just in case it was a murderer trying to break into your house and end your life. You grabbed the baseball bat out of the closet - Taehyung had put it there and told you to use it to fight off attackers because he was always worried about you when he was gone - and snuck closer to the door.

When you finally got to the door and looked through the peephole, you couldn’t believe your eyes. Standing on the other side of the door was a very tired but very happy looking Taehyung. You unlocked the deadbolt and swung the door open faster than you had ever done anything in your life and practically lept into his arms.

He stumbled backward a bit, clearly not expecting you to have been so enthusiastic in your greeting at such a late hour, but he righted himself quickly and happily spun you around.

“Hey baby,” he said with a look of pure joy on his face.

“Taehyung!” you said after you let yourself down from his arms. “What are you doing here? I thought you weren’t supposed to come back until next week?”

“Yeah… I kind of lied about that so I would be able to surprise you,” Taehyung said with a bashful smile.

You were so happy to see him in the flesh. Just being in his presence made you feel happy.

He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around you, nuzzling his face into the crook of your neck. You stood like that for a few moments, just basking in Taehyung’s warmth and enjoying the fact that you were finally able to be in his arms.

Once you broke apart, you helped him carry his stuff into the apartment. While he was putting his bags in your room, you went to the kitchen to make some hot chocolate because hot chocolate was always Taehyung’s favourite drink.

You made two mugs of hot chocolate and brought them into the living room, careful not to spill any and burn yourself on the way there. When Taehyung came out of your bedroom and saw you sitting on the couch waiting for him, he looked so incredibly happy and you couldn’t believe that you had that effect on anyone, let alone someone as amazing as him. Every day you were amazed that you managed to land such a perfect guy.

He took a small sip of his hot chocolate to test it out and gave you a smile, letting you know that it was good. Once he put the mug back down on the coffee table, he leaned back on the couch and just stared at you with love in his eyes.

“What are you looking at,” you said with a nervous giggle.

“My beautiful girlfriend of course,” he said with nothing but pure honesty. “Just looking at you gives me strength and I don’t know if I’d be able to do my job without knowing that I always get to come back home to you,” he said. Taehyung was always pretty open with his feelings and was never shy to shower you in compliments and cheesy love confessions, but he got even more honest when he was tired and you found it so endearing.

“Oh jeez Taehyung,” you mumbled while the temperature steadily rose in your cheeks until you were blushing a bright scarlet.

You felt the couch shift and then Taehyung was right in front of you. “I’m so happy to be home,” he said, giving you a quick kiss immediately after. “I’m so happy to see you,” he mumbled against your lips. He then started showering you with little kisses, making you giggle.

He brought his hands up and cupped your face, finally giving you a real kiss. You had missed the feeling of his lips against yours and you knew he felt the same. You lifted your hands up into his hair and pulled him in closer to deepen the kiss and Taehyung let out a soft groan of content. You broke apart for air and smiled at him, “Welcome home baby.”

Taehyung was always able to make it feel like he had never left.


“Are you almost ready Y/N?” Taehyung asked while double checking his pockets and bags to be sure that he had everything he needed.

You ran frantically around the room, trying to make sure you hadn’t forgotten anything. It was finally time for you and Taehyung to travel up to his childhood home and meet his family and you were a little stressed to say the least. Once you were satisfied and sure you had everything, you joined Taehyung in the front entrance. You tried not to let your nerves show because you didn’t want Taehyung to think that you didn’t want to meet his family or something.

Luckily the train station was close to your apartment so you only had to walk a few blocks with all of your luggage and soon you and Taehyung were boarding the train. Once your luggage was all stored away, you got comfortable in your set. Taehyung always let you have the window seat whenever you travelled together because he knew that you liked being able to look out at the scenery. The train ride to his parent’s was about 5 hours so you settled in for the long ride.

About 4 hours in, Taehyung could tell that something was up. You kept wriggling around in your seat trying to find a comfortable position and you certainly didn’t look at nonchalant as you wanted to.

“Are you alright?” Taehyung questioned with a concerned tone.

“I’m fine Tae. These seats are just kind of uncomfortable, that’s all,” you lied.

You could tell he saw right through you though so you quickly dropped the facade. “Actually… I’m kind of really nervous to meet your family. I know how important they are to you and you know how terrible I am with first impressions and I’m just really scared that they’re not going to like me and then you’re not going to like me and then you’re going to dump me and I’m going to be alone forever,” you said very quickly, trying to get it all out as fast as you could. You looked out the window because you were too nervous to make eye contact with him and you admired the view while anxiously awaiting his reply.

You felt his arms snake around your waist and he pulled you onto his lap, while turning you so you were facing him. You automatically melted into his arms because even though you were anxious, his arms always made you feel safe.

“Aw sweetheart you don’t have to worry about that,” Taehyung reassured you. “I told my parents that you’re really shy so you don’t have to worry about trying to make an outgoing first impression.” He pulled you closer into his chest and you were glad that the train didn’t have many people on it because you probably looked a bit ridiculous while being swaddled like a baby in Taehyung’s arms, but it really was making you feel better so you couldn’t bring yourself to care too much. “And there’s no way they won’t like you because there is nothing not to like about you,” he said.

You smiled and relaxed into his embrace. He was always so good with words and cheering you up and it was one of the things that you loved so much about him. He held you in his arms for the rest of the ride to make sure you didn’t get too nervous again and soon enough you could feel the train slow to a stop and it was time for you and Taehyung to get off. You gathered your luggage while Taehyung gathered his and you made your way off the train. You stepped onto the platform and Taehyung put his arm around you.

“Welcome to my hometown, Y/N”


Before taking you to his house, Taehyung took you on a detour to the sea. Having had grown up and always lived in the city, you had never seen the sea before and Taehyung was excited to get to share that part of his childhood with you. Taehyung had rented a car for the two of you and he drove you to the shore. As you got out of the car you could smell the salty sea air and it was instantly one of your new favourite things.

“Come on,” Taehyung said, as he reached towards your hand and interlaced his fingers with yours, gently pulling you closer to the water. It was an overcast day but that didn’t stop you from admiring how beautiful the ocean looked. You looked out and all you could see was endless water, the waves gently lapping overtop of one another.

Even though it wasn’t very warm out, Taehyung insisted that you take your shoes off and at least put your feet in the water so you would be able to say that you had been in the ocean before.

He grabbed your hand and made you stand right at the line where the water met the sand, so when the water rolled in it gently ran over your exposed feet.

“Oh my god Taehyung, the water is freezing!” you said, running away from it as soon as it made contact with your skin.

“It’s all part of the ocean experience babe!” Taehyung responded as he ran to catch up with you.

Once he got close to you, you expected him to slow down but instead he opened his arms and ran into you, lifting you up from the ground with his hands around your waist. He spun you around and you hooked your legs around his torso and your arms around his neck for balance. Once he stopped spinning he still didn’t let you go. Instead, he looked up at you with a happy and carefree smile on his face, lifting his head a bit in order to connect his lips with yours.

It felt like a scene straight out of a movie, with the sounds of the ocean being the background music to your romantic moment on the beach. You parted your lips from his to catch your breath and smiled at him.

“I’m so happy that I got to experience the ocean with you Taehyung,” you said while still clinging to him. The cold ocean air made you shiver and you held onto him a little tighter. He smiled at you and it was the happiest you had seen him look in ages.

Taehyung glanced at his watch to check the time and said “my parents are expecting us soon, how about we get out of this cold weather so I can finally introduce you to them?”

You nodded in affirmation and Taehyung gently placed you back on the ground. You both put your shoes back on now that your feet were dry and once that was done Taehyung made sure to interlace your fingers with his once again, pulling you towards the car.

You climbed into the car and felt your nervousness again, with the meeting with his family looming right around the corner. Taehyung got behind the wheel and once he started the car he reached over and held your hand in your lap in order to comfort you.

“Don’t worry babe, they’re going to love you because I love you and I have excellent taste,” Taehyung said lightheartedly to ease your nerves.

You gave him a little smile and let the feeling of his thumb gently rubbing circles into the back of your hand help you relax. You glanced out the window for one last look of the ocean before you and Taehyung were on your way to his childhood home.


You pulled into the driveway of a small but picturesque looking house and you could feel anticipation building beneath your skin. You loved Taehyung so much and you didn’t know what you would do if his parents didn’t like you, so you prayed for everything to go smoothly before stepping out of the car. Taehyung gathered your stuff out of the trunk and grabbed your hand, silently reassuring you that everything was going to be okay.

He knocked on the door and you squeezed his hand a little tighter, trying to keep yourself calm. The door opened to reveal a small but very pretty woman, whose was wearing a pink apron and had her hair tied up in a messy bun.

“Taehyung!” she exclaimed, immediately pulling him into a tight embrace. “I’ve missed you so much! I swear you look more handsome every time I see you,” she cooed at him.

“Hi Mom, I’ve missed you too,” he said while detangling himself from her very enthusiastic embrace. Once they had separated, his mom turned to finally look at you. You felt Taehyung wrap his arm around your shoulder in a comforting gesture.

“Mom, I want you to meet someone very important to me,” Taehyung said with a smile. “This is Y/N.”

You blushed at his overly sweet introduction and extended your hand out to her, but she ignored it and pulled you out from under Taehyung and into her arms.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you,” she said after letting you go. “Taehyung has told me so much about you and I’ve been looking forward to meeting you in person.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Mrs. Kim,” you said shyly. She ushered you both into the front entrance of the house and closed to door to make sure no more cold air seeped inside.

“It’s quite chilly outside isn’t it?” she said to you. “You two must be freezing! Taehyung, why don’t you bring the bags upstairs while I take Y/N into the kitchen to get something warm to drink.”

His eyes glanced over to you because he knew you would be nervous to be left alone, but you nodded to let him know you were okay, so he grabbed the bags and headed up the small staircase.

You walked into the kitchen with his mother and it looked like something from a magazine. It wasn’t overly fancy or anything, but it was decorated nicely and was very clean. It was quite small but had a very homely feel and you could smell the delicious scent of whatever she was cooking for dinner coming from the oven. It had lovely wooden cupboards and dark countertops, and a small table with four chairs around it sat in the corner of the room.

“Would you like come coffee dear? Or are you like my Taehyung and prefer something sweeter, like hot chocolate?” she asked while puttering around the kitchen.

“Some hot chocolate sounds lovely,” you said.

“And make some for me too!” Taehyung announced as he entered the kitchen. He immediately came to stand by your side and wrapped his arm around your waist. “Do you mind if I take Y/N on a little tour of the house first?” Taehyung asked his mother.

“Of course of course. Show her the house and go get washed up because your father will be home soon and we’ll be having dinner,” his mother replied.

Still holding onto your waist, Taehyung led you out of the kitchen. You walked into a very cozy looking living room with a decent sized TV surrounded by two large couches. A fireplace was against the back wall and it filled the room with a soft glow and nice warm air.

“This is the living room. I used to hold concerts for my parents in here when I realised my dream of becoming an idol,” Taehyung explained with a happy gleam in his eyes.

He then took you upstairs, where he pointed out his parents bedroom and the bathroom, and then led you into where you’d be staying, his old bedroom.

“And this my room,” Taehyung said while flopping down on the double bed. “Did you know that you’re actually the first girl I’ve ever had up here?”

“Am I really?” you asked him curiously, finding it hard to believe that he’s never brought another girl home before.

“Yep!” he confirmed. “I moved into the city when I was like 15 to pursue singing and I never dated anyone before that. I casually dated a few girls while I was a trainee but I was never serious enough with any of them to want to bring them home. And then you came into my life like sunshine on a dark cloudy day and I knew that you were the one,” he cheesily confessed to you.

You flopped down beside him on the bed and laughed at his sweet words. He rolled over on top of you and balanced his arms beside your head so you wouldn’t be squished underneath his weight.

“I know you’re laughing because I’m cheesy as hell but everything I say is completely true,” he said. He gave you a quick kiss on the lips and started peppering your face in feather-light kisses.

You giggled from the ticklish kisses. You knew that Taehyung was telling you the truth and you couldn’t have been more happy to have found someone as sweet and as openly affectionate as him.

“You know that I’m not very good at expressing my feelings but I hope that you know that I feel the same way,” you said, leaning up to give him another kiss.

“Of course I do babe! You just putting up with me tells me how much you must love me,” he joked, but you knew that he took your words to heart.

“Taehyung! Your father’s home!” his mother called from downstairs.

He slowly climbed off from on top of you and pulled you up off the bed with him. He grabbed your hand and led you downstairs, where his mom and dad were chatting in the kitchen.

“Well hello there,” Taehyung’s dad said to you while extending his hand for a handshake. You shyly shook his hand and greeted him back.

Taehyung and his dad exchanged hellos and started chatting about Taehyung’s life as an idol and about how his dad’s business was going.

“Dear, would you mind helping me set the table?” his mom asked you in a friendly tone. She showed you where everything was in the kitchen and you were extra careful to set the table nicely because you wanted to make a good impression. Once everything was set, the four of you sat down to eat dinner together.

The fact that Taehyung was ambidextrous always came in handy when you two sat beside each other because he always held your hand. He was always your anchor in social situations and you couldn’t have been more grateful. You guys chatted pleasantly with his parents and they asked you questions about your life and about your relationship with Taehyung. They seemed to like you and you found yourself warming up to them and becoming more comfortable, much to Taehyung’s pleasure.

By the time dinner was over and everything was cleaned up, it was quite late and you were exhausted. Socialising and meeting people always tired you out rather quickly. Taehyung could see that you were getting sleepy so you two bid his parents goodnight and head upstairs.

“See? I told you that my parents would love you,” Taehyung said as you got ready for bed.

“You were right Tae, I knew I was probably worrying for no reason but you know how I am,” you said as you crawled into bed after changing into your pyjamas.

Taehyung changed into his pyjamas, which just consisted of a pair of plaid pyjama pants, and climbed into bed with you. You always loved that he slept with no shirt on because he was always very warm and you loved cuddling into his bare skin.

“C’mere,” Taehyung said, pulling you into his side so you were cuddled in bed together. “I had a really nice time today Y/N. I’m really glad you came on this trip with me.”

“Aw Tae, I’m glad that you decided I was worthy enough to meet your parents and to be the first girl in your room,” you said with a laugh.

He pulled you in even closer to him and you revelled in the feeling of being in his arms.

“My parents are both working tomorrow so I thought that maybe I could take you around town? I could show you where I used to go to school and all the fun stuff like that,” Taehyung asked in a soft tone.

“That sounds amazing Taehyung,” you responded with a sleepy voice.

With your plans for tomorrow all set, you snuggled into bed with Taehyung and let the feeling of his warmth and the happiness in your heart drift you off into a peaceful sleep and you were so glad you were with someone as amazing as Taehyung.