monday

Erroneous Data

Luckily his parents hadn't noticed anything about his accident, his dark brown hair had been hiding the wound perfectly. Also he had gone to bed before they had arrived and left home after they had left. Donghae walked down the familiar hallway of his high school, spotting Jihyun in the crowd. They had been dating for what? Like five weeks or something now. She hadn't ever really caught his attention because she didn't seem very likeable but to get distracted of his previous relationship he had decided, after months of secret mourning, to just distract himself that way.

"Jihyun." He smiled as he walked up to her but she looked rather confused. "Morning, how are you feeling today, baby?" And now she looked rather offended. "Excuse you?" She replied, eyeing him up for a moment. Now it was Donghae who felt kind of confused. Had he done something to get her mad? "What is it? Are you mad?" He rubbed his nape slightly, ignoring her two friends who were behind her looking just as weirded out as her. "What? I don't even know you." 

What a funny lame joke. Donghae sighed as his gaze wandered off to the lockers on the right. His head was still hurt so he wasn't really in the mood for some unnecessary jokes. He returned his gaze to her. "Funny. Now just tell me why you're mad." He said hopeful but she frowned deeply. Why did this look so well acted? Almost real. "You're freaking me out right now. I've never talked to you before so could you go and mind your own business." Jihyun turned back to her locker and gave her friends a look, they giggled. Donghae eyed them. Bora and Dasom. Then looked back at her. "I honestly can't remember what I've done. Just tell me and I'll make up for it." He repeated himself in another attempt to fix the situation but she looked at him as confused as before. "Get lost. I don't know why you know my name but you can forget it again."

A heavy sigh left his lips. What a stupid game was going on now? "Whatever." He couldn't bother anymore and so he just his heels and continued walking. "Who the heck was that?" He could hear Dasom say eagerly to Jihyun. Looking over his shoulder he saw them discuss and looking just so weirded out with their widened eyes. Alright this felt quite weird. Shrugging it off he then spotted two of his closest friends and made his way over to them. "Hey guys." At least they weren't weird. "Morning." Siwon smiled and Leeteuk nodded. "Jihyun is being hella weird again." He complained and glanced to the back again but she had left. "That girl from physics class?" Siwon raised an eyebrow. "How so?" 'That girl'? Donghae stared at him for a while but decided to ignore it. "She acts like she doesn't know me." - "Well I doubt she knows you." He laughed. Leeteuk glanced at the two and gave Donghae a weird look before returning to his locker and whatever he was doing there. "What the heck?" Donghae sighed with a frown. "Since when do you bother bout her?" Siwon shook his head with a not understanding expression.

So the stupid game continued? "Are you trying to play some stupid prank?" Donghae was deeply confused. This was not how things usually were but why'd they all just pretend they don't know Jihyun. Or have no connection to her but the class they share. "I'm rather confused what you are up to. Let's head to class already." Siwon shrugged off the topic and Donghae felt defeated. So he just followed his silent friend Leeteuk and listened to whatever Siwon was saying.

Once class had started the teacher had made them form groups and gave them topics to present in a few minutes. But Donghae still felt bothered. "Guys, seriously. What's up with Jihyun?" Siwon looked like he was tired of that topic already. "What is up with you? Why would she know you?" What a stupid question, wasn't it? "We've been dating for weeks." Donghae couldn't sound more sarcastic than he had just sounded but the faces the two made showed him that these were some freshly fresh new news to his friends. "What?" Siwon snorted. Why what? The two knew he had been dating her. It wasn't like he was hiding. But it seemed like they didn't. Like Jihyun didn't know him and his friends lived in a different version of Donghae's life.

"I swear I can't wait to get home." He murmured, looking down at the paper. He absolutely had no explanation for today and couldn't bother to think harder. "My parents might at least act normal." Silence. When he looked up he saw Leeteuk and Siwon look at him kind of sad, kind of confused. Also surprised. "Parents? Do you talk to your father again?" Siwon seemed hesitant about the question which confused Donghae once again. Why wouldn't he be talking to his father? He in fact had a really good relationship with him. "When have I stopped?" He leaned back in his chair, eyeing the two guys. Siwon pressed his lips to a thin line then for once Leeteuk spoke up. "When he got your mom in an accident and then left to Busan?"

Donghae stared at the two. An accident had happened like four years ago. His parents had been fighting awfully and their marriage seemed to be crashing until that accident. She had been on the phone yelling at her husband while driving too fast in anger. So she had ended up in a bad accident and had been to the hospital. Due to Donghae not being anywhere near or answer his phone back at that time his father had gone to the hospital with her and they had made up. So he didn't understand why the other two would say that.

"What?" But Donghae was cut off by the teacher. "Oh seeing you have such a nice chat I assume you've finished already. Come on, be the first ones to present. To the front. Now." Donghae had to try so hard not to roll his eyes or groan in annoyence but they all unwillingly stood up. They had barely done anything yet. He was more worried about what his friends had said though. "What's with my parents?" He whispered as he followed them to the front. "They're divorced." Siwon whispered back. As if someone had pulled away the ground underneath his feet he felt like he was left shocked. His parents were divorced? This was certainly not a funny prank anymore.

"Donghae, you start." Siwon nudged his side so he looked up. "I. Um.. Hey. Welcome to .." He trailed off though, gaze dropping to the ground. His headache was getting worse. It was a pounding pain now and he really felt the urge to go home and check on his parents. "Um. May-, May I go to the restroom? I'm not feeling too well." He looked at the upset teacher. "Hurry up though."

Donghae left the room and sighed heavily as he walked straight to the restrooms. The headache was making him feel sick and the happenings of today left him so confused. He just was not able to make up his mind on what to think. What was going on? It made zero sense. When he entered the restroom there was a guy washing his hands. It was Hyukjae. Now his already stressed out heart felt a little heavier. "Hey." He greeted him. Hyukjae and Donghae had been in a relationship for a couple of months but Donghae had been hiding it, hiding his uality. Though the other had always said it was okay and he understood he could see the pain in his eyes every day. It was unbearable so he broke up with his first proper love. When Hyukjae started dating another guy Donghae had started dating Jihyun.

"Hello." Hyukjae had barely looked at him. This was weird because they normally would be nice to each other. "Hyukjae... Is it just me or is everyone being weird today?" Even after the break up he couldn't help but feel the most relaxed around that guy. "I'm sorry?" Hyukjae turned off the water and looked at him. "Do you have some minutes?" Donghae asked hopeful but the stupid game continued. "I'm sorry, I don't think I remember you."

"I have to leave now." He said after a while of silence and in the next moment left. Donghae was left in the bathroom as confused as before. Hyukjae wouldn't participate in such a weird prank. He went to the sink and washed his face, drying it off afterwards. Things didn't make sense. So Donghae decided not to talk for the rest of the day. Not ask anyone anything. Just follow Siwon and Leeteuk around. At least they still knew who he was.

 

A full school day of not talking. Might had been the first time Donghae had done that. He just woke up from a nap and sighed as he walked out of his room, his mother finally back from work. "Hey mom." He said and she smiled. "Hey sleepy hat." Donghae checked the clock on the wall in the living room. His father should be home by now as well. "Where's dad?" Silence.

He turned to his mother who looked so surprised. "Since when do you call him dad again?" She sounded so hesitant, so careful. Donghae tilted his head slightly. "When have I stopped doing so?" He questioned back. His mother uncomfortably turned back to the plant she was doing something with. "Since he left." His heart dropped. He left? So what his friends at school had said was right? His father had left them after the accident? And Donghae hadn't called him dad ever since? But how was that possible.

He was so close to his father. He had always been. "Where's he?" He simply repeated his previous question. "In Busan." So far away of Seoul. "What is he doing there?" He didn't just sound clueless, he was. At least that was covering up his pain. "Living with his new family. Donghae, what is up with you?" She finally turned back to him. But he honestly didn't know what to answer because he had absolutely no idea. Had he slipped into some weird new version of his life? A worse one obviously.

"Do you have his number? I'd like to talk to him." She blinked then nodded slowly. She stood up and walked over to the teen, gently patting his cheek. "Donghae, how come's? You had rejected all of his attempts over the past years." Why had he done that? When? He felt so deeply confused and honestly scared. "I just want to talk to him." He really couldn't explain. "My phones in my bag. Call him."

Donghae had moved to office room and listened to the beep sound of the phone while waiting for the call to be answered. Donghae felt so tired because of today's happenings. "Hello?" His father's voice appeared. "Hey dad. It's me. Got some minutes?" Donghae rubbed his forehead but there was just silence for a while before his father replied in disbelief. "Donghae? You.. You want to talk to me? Is everything okay? Son, I am so happy!" Him too? He wasn't able to make another straight thought about the whole situation. "Yeah everything's fine. I just wanna talk to you." But what was he supposed to say? 'No one knows me anymore and it seems that my memories don't exist anymore'? "Of course. Talk. It's been ages." His father sounded close to tears.

"Feels like yesterday to me." He murmured with a sigh. "Actually.. Nevermind. It's fine. Um. So, you're in Busan? With another wife?" He started doodling on the paper in front of him but the pen was running out of ink. "Yes, yes. And you have two little sisters." Now those were big news. "I'd love for you to meet them! Donghae, I am so sorry for everything but let us begin again. You're my son, I need you in my life." It hurt Donghae so deeply in his heart to hear his father sound so desperate. He had hurt him awfully. But why exactly? Yes the accident had been awful but why blame his father? "Of course, dad. But I really need to end now. I will call you again, alright?" When Donghae ended the call he noticed his mother was standing in the room, watching him. She looked so happy that he finally talked to his father again.

 

Eventually he was back in his bed. He tried to figure out what had happened. So the day before he hit his head and passed out. The next day his whole world seemed upside down all of a sudden. Seemingly he hadn't ever interacted with Hyukjae nor Jihyun. His parents had divorced and he hadn't talked to his father for years. Siwon and Leeteuk still were his friends though. Well luckily, they had known each other since primary school. What was he supposed to do now? Continue as if nothing had ever happened? No. He had to make the other's remember and realize what had really happened by now. 

Hyukjae. He didn't remember any of their memories? Nothing? Donghae was staring into the darkness for a long time. He didn't know what to think. He couldn't explain this.

 


im tired and feelin sick so sorry for any mistakes up there but i will reread it again soon and fix them
I don't think the story will turn into a lot of chapters and a really long one but enjoy it nevertheless

Thanks everyone for reading. Feel free to comment :)