Encounter

Fallen Leaves

Hansol had his headphones on, listening to some lit music as he looked out the window. He’s on his way to his new house with his parents on the front seat and his little sister beside him. He wasn’t too excited about moving since it means that he must adapt to the new surroundings. Plus, who knows how haunted the new house might be.

The car pulled into the driveway, stopping as it reached in front of the garage. The house was definitely big for four people to live in, but it didn’t look like the typical house that comes from a horror movie. Hansol stepped out of the car, looking at the exterior of the house in front of him. It’s a two story house painted with mostly white, grey and black. He went into the house and the first thing he saw was a huge living room. It looked really nice and comfy with a large sofa, a small table in front of it and a wide TV. After looking around, he walked towards the glass door that leads to the backyard. He looked at the backyard through the glass door and something caught his eyes. It was a human figure laying down on the grass. One thing that popped up in his mind was,

 Is that really a human or not?

He was about to open the glass door when suddenly his parents called him to help them out. He got no choice but to obey them anyway.

 

When he finally finished putting his stuffs in his room and helping his parents set the house, he checked the backyard, wondering if the human figure he saw earlier was still there. It turned out that it was already gone, so he decided to go back to his room. He went upstairs and into his room—his room is the nearest to the stairs. As he opened the wooden door, he saw a human figure sitting on the edge of his bed. The same human figure he saw in the backyard.

“Hey,”

The brunette haired boy tried greeting the human figure—a boy to be specific, but he didn’t even glance.

“Uhm, I’m talking to you.”

This time, the figure looked at Hansol, then he turned his head to see what’s behind him, then he looked at Hansol again, confused.

“Yeah, I’m really talking to you and I can see you clearly.”

The figure stared at Hansol with amazement.

“You’re the first one who communicated with me, the first human that is.” The figure finally said, still staring at Hansol like he’s an alien that crashed his ship on Earth or something.

“By the way, I’m Hansol.” He wasn’t sure if he wanted a ghost as a friend, but he lent out his hand anyway.

“I’m Jihoon,” Jihoon tried to shake hands with Hansol, but his hand went through Hansol’s hand instead. “I knew this would happen.” He sighed. Hansol looked at him confused.

“You can’t make physical contact with humans at all?” Hansol asked with an are-you-kidding-me facial expression.

“Why? Are all ghosts out there capable of that?” Jihoon preferred to ask him back rather than answering.

“Well, they can make physical contact if they want to, I guess.” Hansol shrugged.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Hansol grabbed his iPad and sat on the bed across Jihoon. He unlocked his iPad and slid his finger on the screen.

“So.. why are you still here?” Hansol asked, eyes still focusing on his gadget.

“Umm, I used to live here-“

“No, I mean why are you still in this dimension?” Hansol asked more clearly this time.

“It’s a long story.” Jihoon said.

“I’m listening.” Hansol put away his iPad and focused his gaze on Jihoon.

“Well,” Jihoon started, “To put it simple, God gave me a chance to come back here and stay for 3 months, in which a month has passed since then so I have 2 months left.”

“What about your parents? Are they still alive?” Hansol felt like he didn’t have the right to ask, but he did anyway.

“Yes, they moved out before I got back here. I guess the time zones between different dimensions are crazy. I eventually found their new home, though. I figured out that it’ll probably be hard for me to leave when the time’s over if I stayed with them, so I decided to spend 3 months here.” Jihoon explained longer than he expected.

“Oh, I see..” Hansol then examined Jihoon from head to toe. He’s wearing a black hoodie and jeans, no shoes. Probably the outfit he was wearing when he died. It made Hansol wonder how did the boy before his eyes died, but that’s none of his business.

“You don’t mind if I stay here, do you?” Jihoon asked, stopping Hansol’s mind from it’s traces.

“I don’t mind at all.” Hansol said with a slight smile, Jihoon returning it back.

Hansol wasn’t sure if he could trust someone inhuman, but he knew he needed a companion anyway.

 

- To be continued -

 

This ended up shorter than I expected--

I'm gonna make it longer in the next chapter /probably/

I’m quite busy with school stuffs, especially because I’m already a senior and I’m gonna graduate middle school soon so I’m trying to focus on my studies and all

But I’m still trying my best to update as soon as I can

Also tell me about your opinions in the comments below

‘-‘)9