Chapter 3

Our Normal Lives

Since it's the first day I guess there won't be much work today. So far my first two classes were all introductions on the teachers and the courses. The bell rang signaling the end of AP US history and I gathered my belongings. Oh that's right! Jackson is coming over. As I was putting my bag on Yoona jumped right in front of me. She's so full of energy. I like it :) She's the first nice student I've met so far here aside from Jackson. 

Yoona: Hey! So you don't mind if I call you Bella for short?
Me: I'm fine with it. Everyone else does. 
Yoona: Awesom possom! So, wanna grab a snack together?

As soon as she grabbed my arm and dragged me to the door we were greeted by Jackson. He looked at us and smiled.

"I see you've met Yoona. She's one of my friends that I wanted to introduce you to."
Yoona: Well you're too slow Wang Kong! *Merong* Bella let's go to the hangout!

The Hangout...is that the cafeteria? Ohmygoodness what if they have like their own little room or area reserved for them like in the dramas?! That'd be so cool to eat in a place like that! hehehehe 

"YAH! *Hits my head*"
Jackson noticed me spacing out again and hit the top of my head to wake me up. Ughh why can't I stop daydreaming for once!
Yoona saw what Jackson did and jumped in front of me again. But, this time she stretched her arms to form a barrier protecting me. 
"I won't let you hurt her Jackson! Stop hurting the innocent!"
Jackson just shook his head and laughed. 
"I think you're overeacting Yoona. We're childhood friends so it's fine."
Yoona just shot Jackson a angry pout face and crossed her arms. She looked at him straight in the eyes and said, "So, that means that you've been hitting her all these years!? Have you ever thought about the possibility of you damaging her brain?! I can't believe how selfish you are! C'mon Bella I'll protect you from this jerk!" 

And with that she grabs my arm again and starts running with me being dragged behind her. For such a petite and innocent looking girl she sure can run fast. Seriously I'm huffing and puffing so hard right now. Yoona noticed my struggle (sheesh I need to work out) and started apologizing and frantically worrying out loud.

"Ohmygosh! I'm so sorry! Do you need water? Here sit down! Do you feel like fainting!? I'm sorry! I'm part of the track team so I just run. I almost forgot I was dragging you with me. Next time don't be afraid to yell at me to stop if I'm going overboard on you k?"

After a short rest Yoona and I continued walking together. I told her about myself and she told me about her celebrity crushes. Pretty soon we ended up in front of a random door in the middle of one of the school halls. 

"This is where our friends hang out. You're Jackson's BFF and now you're my friend so you're more than welcome to come in any time you want!" 
I nodded my head nervously. I wonder who their friends are..I hope they're as nice as Jackson and Yoona. Yea they should be right? 

Yoona opened the doors 
"Hello friends I'm here! And I've brought company!!~" 
I walked in after Yoona entered and looked around at how beautiful this hangout room is.

Then, my eyes landed on the table where the two most annoying people sat. That's right Jongin and brat girl together. They sure would be the perfect couple huh? Jongin boy stood up and smiled at me. Well, at least he knows how to smile good instead of always smirking like a douche. 
"Hey! Mirabella Mei right?"
"Yes that's me."
He began walking towards me and extended out his arm for a handshake. 
"It's a pleasure to officially meet you. My name is Kim Jongin, but everyone calls me Kai for short. I'm sorry for such a rude and informal meeting earlier today."
What the what....He's so different from when he was in the office this morning. Is he just acting? Oh shoot I'm spacing out again. Not good because I was staring at his face the whole time.
"Wohohoho I see you've fallen for me now? Not a surprise. Pretty much every girl I meet does haha."
I take it back he's still a cocky douche. Ughh. I looked back at him straight in the eye and smiled. 
"Don't misunderstand Kai. I was stuck staring at something ugly....and it just so happened to be your face. Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

Yoona and Jackson broke out laughing, and brat girl even spread a short smile on her face before quickly returning to cold glare. Kai looked at me up and down and gave a half smile at me. 
"You're strange Mirabella Mei. Very strange indeed."
Yoona was still laughing when she shouted, "The truth hurts doesn't it Jongin! HAHAHAHA"
Kai just shot Yoona the stink eye before patting my back and sitting back down at the table. I guess this was the brat girl's cue to finally introduce herself too. She began walking towards me and stood right in front of me smiling. She began walking around me in circles as if she just found her prey.  
"So, you're Mirabella Mei....." she stopped circling me and stood directly in front of me now. "I'm Julia Baretto. I look forward to ummm...*looks me up and down* working with you." Then with a flip of her hair she went back to the table and sat next to Kai. 

I walked over to Jackson and whispered to him, "Are you sure they're your friends?"
Jackson whispered back, "They're good people once you get to know them. Anyways, they've been there for me through a lot of my ups and downs. Their real friends who I can trust. I know it's hard for you to understand now since they seem rude, but that's just how they are at first meeting always."

I sat down on the table next to Yoona and in front of Julia. Kai also glanced at me once and a while. This has been a crazy first day...