Final.

No Greater Sorrow.

Final. 




It was exactly 5am in the morning, when Taehyung begins to pen down the things he would love to do with a special someone. He wants that warm embrace, the smile he so wished was directed at him and the soft sniffles that only he would hear at night. He wants to love and be loved. But it's not all that simple.

For he was Kim Taehyung.

He wonders what he would feel like when he finally has one. A friend. A best friend?
Would he be happy? 
Would he get high and a little fluttery feeling?
Would he stop feeling so nervous and be able to convey his real feelings?
There's this certain emptiness he feels every night when he tries to close his eyes.He was a lonely man.

He grips his pen a little firmer when his eyes look towards a particular frame at the corner of his desk, lined with polished wood as it stood high and mighty in between a mess of newpaper cut-outs. He felt a particular emptiness as he stared at the man who he had draped his arms around. Smiles as bright as the sun. There was cake smudged on the other male's cheeks while Taehyung had merely gave a simple smile. Was it his birthday? Taehyung clicked his tongue. Must have been.What had happened after that though? Taehyung shakes his head,features falling into a sad smile. He clicks his pen once more and continues.

He wanted someone who could hold him when he was sad.
He wanted someone who he could talk about aliens with.
He wanted to play in the snow with this special someone.
He wanted who he could do ridiculous things with.
He wanted to sing and dance with them.
He wanted them to hold him tight.
He wanted to laugh and smile with the other.
He wanted to say I love you.
And he wanted someone who could say I love you too.
He just wanted someone.

Taehyung blinks back the tears that are threatening to fall from those once lively eyes of his. Now,so dark and so cold. The mug of hot chocolate Jin had especially prepared just for him, stayed untouched, just inches away from his paper. A bittersweet smile forms at the tip of his lips when hears a high pitched laughter mixed together with his Hobi-hyung.

Why was he so stuck on this when everyone else had moved on? Had they forgotten?

Just when had they gotten so distant? Chucking aside the black pen, he snatches the frame and holds it tight. Was he forgetting something? Once upon a time, they were such joyous moments he had wanted to remember and cherish for the rest of his life but why do they feel so bitter now? So lost and forgotten. 

His heart feels heavy and he wants to call out to him but his lips utter the words," Jungkook!" 

"Yes hyung?",the younger man pops his head into the room, only to find his favourite hyung sitting down with a forlorn expression.Did he do something wrong? Why did his hyung look so disappointed? 

"Aniya,hyung was just thinking." Jungkook's eyes fall on the picture frame the other was holding.He takes two hesitant steps forward before wrapping his arms around the other. Feeling the warmth around, Taehyung let his flood gates,open crying on his maknae's shoulder. The wooden frame was now placed gently at the corner again while he hugs the raven-haired male.

Jimin had once been his best friend. Someone who he could hold onto. But it seems like he didn't hold onto him hard enough because Jimin's tiny hand slipped through his and into abyss. He was gone now. But Taehyung wanted him back so badly. But just why though? He felt a certain sense of longing and displeasure when he found Jimin laughing with Hoseok.Was he jealous? He was, but he felt empty as well because he couldn't even remember a time when Jimin had become a significant part of him. Now, whenever and wherever he looked at the same-aged boy, he just couldn't feel anything for him. Seems like Jimin must have left him behind but not without taking all the memories with him.

He lost a friend.

It's a little over a couple of minutes when he stops crying and looks up with this hopeful smile. A breaking smile.

Perhaps, he could start over?

And so, Kim taehyung looks up, " Jungkook-ah, will you be my friend?"

The maknae is baffled for a moment but the amount of hope in his hyung's eyes melts him and hence, he gives a firm nod. They walk out of the room, for the first time, hand in hand. Passing strength to one another for all the loneliness they've endured.

At this moment, Taehyung does not miss Park Jimin anymore, but what he does miss,however, is the figure that walks into his room just a few minutes late.

Fingers touch the edges of the paper as a tear falls turning the last few written words into a blur. Park Jimin muffles his cries with the back of his palm when he remembers what had happened just after they celebrated his birthday.

His eyes fall on the newspaper cut-outs scattered all over the table, "BTS' Kim Taehyung hit by car on the way to filming."

"Driver still not caught"
" Will this result in BTS disbanding?"
"Kim Taehyung said to have suffered a memory loss"


The last article however, makes Jimin bite his lips to stop his cries from becoming too loud as tears flow freely," Kim Taehyung said to have recovered."

"Did he really?" Jimin chuckles sadly. 

Park Jimin lost a friend. And till this day said friend has yet to recover the memories of all the times they had been together.

 


A/N: Comment or subscribe c: I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Will be writing more in the future! :B