February 18th 2016

See You Lattés

February 18th 2016

Today is a Friday, and you don’t have school on Fridays. You specifically made your schedule empty on this day because who doesn’t love a three-day weekend? With a cup of caffeine in your hand, you walk towards the huge window beside your bed and spread open the white curtains to let some vitamin D in the little studio you call home. Since you live on the highest floor, you didn’t really give a damn that your window is fully open and you are walking around with only a baggy white T-shirt and your underwear.

Even with the sun shining as bright as if it was in the middle of august, the snowy white scenery of the city seems so sad and gloomy. The snow is piling up rather quickly outside, the dark landscape of the city will soon turn into a winter wonderland.

The ringtone of your phone made you turn your head away from the scenery of your window. You weren’t surprised to see Jimin’s caller ID popping up on your phone screen because the two of you made plans to hang out today after he’s done his morning class.

“Hello?” You answer, sinking yourself in your comfy couch.

“Y/N, good morning!” His sweet voice travels its way into your system, making you feel more energized and happy.

A smile instantly spread across your face, “I’m guessing your class finished early?” You ask him. Looking at the clock, he’s not supposed to be done until 12 this afternoon.

“No, I just left early,” he said casually, “I’m on my way to your house, but I’m going to drop by the café to say hi to Kookie first. Do you want anything from the café?”

Pushing aside your instinct to lecture the boy, you turn down his offer of a free coffee “but tell Jungkook I said hi.”

“Will do! See you in a bit,” said Jimin before hanging up on you.

Park Jimin will be the first friend to ever come to my house, you thought to yourself. The more you think about it, the weirder it sounds. For the longest time, you were content with the idea that you might pass through college life alone. With the grades you are aiming to achieve by the end of your four years, it’s not possible for someone to have a social life and grades that good.

However, for the past couple of weeks, you find yourself looking for Jimin after all your classes. The two of you would bus to the café, sit at the table right beside the window and help each other with homework, talk about boys or watch movies on his laptop. Day by day, his company becomes the norm and clinging on to his arm or hugging him goodbye doesn’t seem so awkward anymore.

 

On the other hand, it’s taking Jimin a while to reach your house. He has half of his face buried under his warm scarf as he trudges along the blanket of snow under his feet. Jimin hates the snow, to be more exact he hates the cold. He hates how his legs would feel numb after a few minutes of being outside. Or when his ears would feel like they’re about to fall off if he forgets to wear his winter hat (and that happens very often). Jimin hates how his teeth wouldn’t stop chattering when a gust of wind brushes by him.

But at the same time, he can’t help but to also love it.

He loves it because he has another reason to snuggle up against Jungkook when it gets too cold at night. When every word that comes out of his lips would tremble, Jungkook’s kiss would instantly warm him up. He loves the late night walks with Taehyung and Jungkook when the two of them would have to close late; coffee wrapped around their cold fingers while they walk to the bus station talking about everything and nothing at the same time.

After what seems like forever, Jimin has finally reach the front stairs of your apartment. He opens the door to your lobby to find you standing in a baggy white shirt and sweat pants with your hair tied up in a messy bun. Somehow, Jimin still find you effortlessly stunning.  

“How did you—“

“I can’t miss that orange head of yours, even if I do live on the highest floor,” you said, ruffling Jimin’s fluffy hair that’s covered in melted snow.

“Do you have—“

“—Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and ginger cookies ready for my tiny friend?” You watch Jimin’s reaction as you take the words out of his mouth, “Of course, I do!” answering your own question.

He lightly punches you on your shoulder, “I’m not tiny!”

 

4:30 PM

The two of you spent your afternoon watching a bunch of episodes of an anime called ‘Your Lie in April’ on Netflix. Blinds close, potato chips and pops scattered around your coffee table, Jimin’s head on your lap while you play with his soft locks. You’re not really into anime, but Jimin have been wanting to show you this show for a while, so you try your hardest to stay awake and follow the story line.

The storyline has finally hit the , as the boy finally realize his true feelings for the girl. It was pictured perfectly; cherry blossoms flying around her, his eyes filled with adoration and love as he watches her from afar, a slow tempo piano playing in the background. You poke Jimin’s cheek, “I bet that’s how it was for you and Jungkook huh?”

He laughs out loud, slowly sitting up. “Are you crazy? It was probably the opposite of this.”

“Like, what? Dark alleys, a bunch of gangsters surrounding you and then Jungkook comes out of nowhere with a motorcycle—“

“Y/N, what kind of dramas do you watch?” Jimin interrupts, quickly shutting off your wild imagination.

“I smell story time!” You quickly jump out of your couch, jogging towards the kitchen, “I’m making tea, you can start your story.”

Jimin leans against the arm of the couch, watching your back as you work around your kitchen. “Okay, it all started about a year ago. I used to go to this one park near my house to sit near the playground and sketch the scenery. It was amazing because every night when I look back at the sketches, I would see something different. Some days, my sketches would be full of little children laughing and playing with each other. Some days, it would be filled with trees and flowers. Some days, it would be filled with sketches of different sand castles. Then, there was this one day…”

“Oh! Here we go! The story is starting,” you squeal; as you take a seat beside him, snuggling up in the furry blanket.  

Jimin chuckles, watching you get excited makes him feel all warm inside. “Anyway, there was this one day… It was snowing, so the playground was empty. I always wanted to sketch the playground when it snows or rain, so I was very excited. Then, I see him… I see Jungkook, running towards the playground only in a black hoodie in a minus 18-degree weather.”

“He was panting and he looked like he was running from someone or something. He sat down across from me, we were only separated by the huge playground. He didn’t even know I was there, he just sat there, with his hands over his face. I began to sketch him, and once I was finished, I left. I thought he was crazy, why was he outside only in a hoodie? He’s going to get sick for sure. That’s what I was thinking on the way back home.”

“The next day, when I went back, I see him again. Still wearing the same black hoodie, and on the same bench he sat from the day before. I begin to sketch the scenery like any typical day, sketching him in the background.”

“The next day—“

“—You see him again?!” Your curiosity is growing, and the story seems so interesting. Surely, this is not the same as the anime.

Jimin slowly grin, “Yup! Same spot, same black hoodie. It went on like that for about a week, and the more I see him, the more curious I get. On the day that I finally approached him, it was snowing. The playground was empty, and he was there sitting across from me. So I gather up the courage, and I finally confronted him…”

 

FLASHBACK

“Aren’t you cold?” Jimin ask the strange boy sitting on the bench in front of him.

The boy looks up, his round brown eyes looking straight into Jimin’s. “Kind of, but I’m slowly getting used to it.”

He was no older than Jimin, his dark hair is swept to the side; covering most of his forehead, and even when he’s sitting down, Jimin can tell the boy is much taller than him.

“You’ll catch a fever for sure,” said Jimin, taking off his beanie, “Here, at least cover your head and ears.”

The boy shakes his head, “It’s alright, I have the hood of this sweater.”

“Take it… Give it to me tomorrow because I know you’ll be here tomorrow too.”

The boy chuckles, but he proceed to take the beanie, “Thank you, I’m Jeon Jungkook by the way.”

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

“The next day, he was on the same bench with my beanie on his lap. We started talking, nothing too serious. Just about the weather and random things like if aliens are really out there or not. I find it funny that I was always leaving first, and I would always see him first when I go back the next day… as if he never left.”

“Oh my god…” You have your hand up to your mouth, “I think I know why…”

Jimin snicker, “Stop! Don’t ruin my story. I’m building up to it—Anyways, one day I finally came earlier than him. I waited for him for an hour, but he didn’t come. Maybe he’s finally getting that fever, I thought to myself. When I was done sketching, and I was slowly packing my stuff I hear someone running towards me…”

 

FLASHBACK

Jimin turns around to see Jungkook in a red hoodie; sweating, out of breath, but the part that made Jimin gasp was the bloodstain near the corner of his lips.

“What the heck happened?” Jimin grab the boy and sat him down on the bench. He quickly s his jacket and put it over Jungkook.

Jungkook didn’t speak for a while, he was just panting and shaking. Jimin didn’t bother to ask what happened either, he’ll speak when he’s ready, he thought to himself.

“You’re probably so confused right now,” said Jungkook, finally breaking the silence.

Jimin shakes his head, his lips pouting. “More worried than confused, actually…”

“I’m a wreck, Jimin. I’m just a wreck,” a single tear rolled down Jungkook’s cheek.

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

“What happened to Jungkook?” You ask Jimin, downing your cup of tea to the very last drop.

“It turns out, the reason why I always see him sitting in the park wearing the same hoodie was because he was kicked out of his own home after coming out of the closet. The very first day I saw him, his dad was so furious he had to run away from home.”

“Oh my god… So when he came back in a red hoodie—“

“—He went back home to change, and his dad caught him and beat him up,” said Jimin, finishing what you were thinking.

“So what happened after?”

“Well, I was lucky enough to have two supportive parents and friends, so I didn’t struggle coming out of the closet. When I brought him home, my parents were so happy to take him in. He stayed at my house for about 6 months before finding someone who didn’t mind rooming with a homoual. Guess who that someone is?” Jimin raise both of his eyebrows, a big grin spreading across his face.

After giving it a thought for a few seconds, you finally figure out who it was, “Seaweed boy?” You said, in a disgusted tone.

Jimin burst out laughing, “Yup! It was Taehyung. He was the only one who didn’t mind rooming with Jungkook. Everyone else seems to be either paranoid at the thought that Jungkook might them in the middle of the night or just plain embarrassed.”

You shrug the awful thought of Taehyung out of your head, “I guess he’s not as awful as I thought he was…”

“I told you!” said Jimin, “Anyways, that’s the story of the trios. Now you know it wasn’t cherry blossoms and romantic piano songs.”

“It was way better.”

You and Jimin spent the rest of the evening cooking a simple dinner of cream pasta and lemonade. Enjoying each other’s company while sharing funny stories about each other. It was honestly one of the best nights you’ve ever had in that little studio of yours, and you cross your heart and hope to die that it won’t be the last.

 

10:54 PM

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

“Oh! I think they’re downstairs already,” said Jimin, showing you the caller ID of the person ringing up his phone.

After a full day of hanging out with the ball of sunshine, you have to finally say good night. He didn’t want to walk alone at night, and he for sure didn’t want you to drop him to the bus terminal so he waited for Jungkook and Taehyung to finish their shift to pick him up from your apartment.

“I’ll drop you downstairs, and say hi to Jungkook,” you grab your oversized flannel and wore it on top of your white shirt. You didn’t question what you’re about to do, which is exposing your natural state (sweatpants, nest-looking-hair, no make up) to two hot guys. Oh well, you thought to yourself, one is gay and the other one is a jerk, I’m not really losing anything.

As soon as the elevator door opens, you see Jungkook and Taehyung standing in front with a box of fried chicken and beers. Two sinister smiles on their faces as they both yell, “surprise!”

Hey guys!

I am finally back with an update ^^ 

And a new poster! WOOT WOOT! Thank you so much petitfraise for the awesome poster, I love it!!

I am so sorry it took so long

I just had a huge writters block >< 

I really hope you guys will still read through this chapter <3 

Let me know what you think!