February 2nd

See You Lattés

February 2nd 2016

I need you girl, wae… I need you girl, wae… I need you girl, wae…

It’s a Tuesday afternoon, Jimin is currently sitting inside a lecture hall listening to his professor talk about the Renaissance era. Usually his Tuesdays classes are always in the music room; and they usually learn a song to play on an instrument or sing it, rather than taking notes and doing quizzes. However, for the past two weeks, his class and a few other Music classes have been booking the lecture hall to learn about the history of music.

This is a waste of time, he thought to himself.

He’s sitting pretty far away from where most of the students are, (because unlike most students who takes notes and actually pays attention), Jimin is busy sketching his coffee prince on his notebook while humming to a song he heard on his way to school this morning.

I need you girl, wae… I need you girl, wae… He taps the tip of his pencil against his pouty lips, trying to remember the next line of the song. What comes after that again? He’s clearly not interested in whatever his professor is talking about in front of the stage, unlike you.

You are sitting a few rows away from the stage, listening attentively to the grey haired man standing in front as you take notes of the important dates and facts he speaks about. You have a highlighter in one hand and a pen on the other, even though you’ve read about the Renaissance era before, (and most of the stuff you were jotting down you already know), you are still writing them down on your notebook.

It’s a habit of yours. You get excited when it comes to taking notes and organizing them. You love to see the different neon colors in your book as you flip through the pages, it motivates you to study. Indeed, very weird.

“I’m going to cut today’s class short. I have another appointment in half an hour,” said the professor.

You can hear a few students cheering as you pack up your stuff. In your head, you are wondering why these students are cheering. Heck, you are paying him to teach you and this is not a couple of bucks we are talking about, you are paying him millions of won, you thought to yourself, we are literally giving him money to play hooky.

You sling your tote bag on your left shoulder and exit the hall. The time is 2:54 PM, and like the introverted slash anti-social girl you are, you have no friends. So you decided to go to the campus’ library and steal a few hours of reading time.

You walk down the hallways of building E, with your headphones on full blast; walking to the beat of the music. The lecture hall you were at was on the opposite side of where the library is, and building E is known to be the ‘unpopular’ building of campus. Why? Because it’s a 15-minute walk from the main building, and who in their right mind would walk for 15 minutes in a minus 17 degree weather for a 2-hour class? Y O U!

It was time for the next session of class to start, so the hallways are pretty much empty. The chorus of the song you’re listening to is coming up, the setting and mood you are in really suits the song. Without even thinking, you quietly sing along to the song just loud enough for you to hear.

“I need you girl, wae… honja saranghago honjaseoman ibyeolhae. I need you girl, wae… dachil geol—“

You suddenly flinch at a tap you feel on your shoulder. You quickly turn around to see a familiar looking face and an unforgettable hair color.

He has a smile spread across his face, and his already small eyes can barely be seen. “What song is that? I heard it on my way to school today, and it’s been stuck in my head for hours, but I don’t know what comes after the I-need-you part.”

You blink a couple of times, wondering how he could’ve heard you sing if you were just barely whispering the song. “Uh…” you said, unlocking your phone to show him the title of the track, “It’s called I NEED U by BTS.”

“Oh wow,” he rolls his eyes and chuckles, “I should’ve known!”

The two of you ended up walking together, talking about music and BTS. It turns out you guys were in the same lecture hall, listening to the same professor. You learned that he is also in the music program, but majoring in vocals. Hence why, you haven’t seen him in any of your classes. Not one of you ever mentions of that night at the café, but the both of you are thinking about it. Jimin remembered your face, how could he forget? He thinks you are gorgeous, actually, too gorgeous that he was scared you might’ve caught Jungkook’s attention. As for you, how could you forget the embarrassing incident at Snakes and Ladder that night? You were creeping on his boyfriend right in front of him!

You can see the exit door of building E in front of you. You sling your bag closer to yourself, waiting for the perfect moment to say goodbye. “I’m going to head out now,” you said, pointing at the exit door, “It was nice talking to you.”

“It was nice talking to you too! My name is Park Jimin by the way,” he said, holding his hand out for a handshake.

You can feel your ears heating up at the awkward gesture you’re not used to doing, but you proceed to shake his hand anyways. “My name is Y/N.”

“Well, hopefully I’ll see you around campus… or maybe the café?” said Jimin.

He caught you off guard, “Oh… so you remembered?” you laugh awkwardly.

Jimin laughs, “I don’t see someone as gorgeous as you often, so yes, I do remember.”

You can feel your cheeks burning at the compliment he threw at you. “Thank you,” you said, trying to avoid eye contact with the boy, “You and your boyfriend are really cute.” Your heart is pounding, you didn’t know why you mentioned the hot barista but you did.

Jimin scratches the back of his neck while laughing, “Thanks! His name is Jeon Jungkook, I’m actually going to visit him now. Do you want to come? We can just hang out and talk there?”

“I… don’t know…” you said, biting your bottom lip. The reason why you are hesitating to go to Snakes and Ladder is not because you don’t like Jimin. Actually, you think he’s pretty cool. You two seem to have the same music taste, and he talks a lot (which is good in your case since you don’t talk much). You are hesitating because of the incident that happened when you somewhat argued with Baekhyun’s look-alike and promised yourself that you would never go back there.

Jimin’s face fell, “Oh… it’s okay then. Sorry, I was getting so comfortable talking to you, so I thought it’d be nice to hang out for a few more hours.”

Your eyes widen up at the puppy face you’re looking at, now you feel like a total jerk. You have both of your arms out in front of you, flinging them around. You don’t know what to do in this situation, his face looks so sad yet so adorable. “No, no, no! It’s not you Jimin, I swear! I like talking to you too, it’s just… something happened.”

“What happened?” he asks.

The two of you begin to walk to the exit of the building, you explaining what happened and Jimin listening and commenting along. Apparently, the cocky barista you don’t like has a name, and his name is Kim Taehyung. He is the same age as you and Jimin, he lives in the city Baekhyun lives in and he goes to a private college half an hour from the café. Without you noticing, you are at the bus stop waiting for the bus with Jimin.

After listening to the whole story, Jimin kisses his teeth, “Hmm, Taehyung is a nice guy, and I think you guys just got off the wrong track.”

You roll your eyes, “He was taunting me, Jimin! I wasted 5,000 won for a library book because of him.”

“Let’s get that 5,000 won back then!” The two of them enter the bus, and takes a seat near the back.

You raise an eyebrow, “You want me to go back there and ask him for my 5,000 won back?”

Jimin laughs out loud, “No, you silly! Jungkook is working today, not sure about Taehyung, but we can get as much coffee as we want for free.”

“Okay, I’m loving the sound of that,” you said, finally agreeing to his offer.  

Hello, Hello!

I'm back with a short update ^^

This update is all about my fluffly-super-adorable boy Park Chimchim hehe

Sorry it was so short, but I shall be back real soon~

Comment, Subscribe and an upvote would be appriciated <3