Be A Man - Chapter Four

Be a Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note: I am well aware of RIP Jang Jayeon’s (aka Sunny of Boys Over Flowers) suicide. I wish the entertainment industry were more aware and were more involved in their talents lives. Jang Jayeon committed suicide in March 2009, stating that she was practical sold to almost twenty entertainment executives and abused during the length of her career. So, if this first part offends you, I apologize in advance since it does contain similar content.

Na-Ri was well-aware of the buzz surrounding her as she entered the school, ears covered by stylish headphones as she dropped in her seat, looking through her phone at the unread messages. She could hear all the whispers, could see all the horrible words and insults on the blackboard, and she could feel all the mocking stares digging daggers into her body but she continued to play dumb. She realized that the article was about her as soon as she stepped on school grounds. She was almost at her limit with Gu Jun-Pyo. He was taking this to a totally new level; pulling pranks and bullying her was one thing but to purposely ruin her integrity was another.

From the corner of her eye, she could see the Three Witches strutting up to her desk but paid them no mind until she was sure her messages went through, pocketing her phone, she turned towards them.

"What do I owe this lovely greeting?" Na-Ri said before any of them could speak.

Ginger mockingly laughed before asking, "How is the baby? I heard you went for a check-up." Na-Ri could hear the class’s murmurs and gossip as they watched from the sidelines.

"Who’s the father? Can you even remember his name?" Miranda chirped in. Na-Ri’s infamous temper was reaching new heights, she knew she was at the point of reverting to her cold y face the more the three continued to spout out nonsense.

"Are you kidding? She probably can’t even remember his face!" Sunny exclaimed, chuckling.

As much as she wanted to tell them how amazing having a child is. How perfect So-Hee is, these disgusting people had no right knowing her personal business. She didn’t want to cause her daughter problems even though she was currently staying with her father in another country. She had to lie. For her safety.

"Oh, that’s funny." Na-Ri laughed, coldly, "You would think you would have to have to make a kid, right? But that would be impossible because I still have my ity, can you say the same?" That statement wiped the smirks right off of their faces, "Better yet, wouldn’t I be the first to know? After all, a girl has to spread her legs before a boy can enter but you three probably know everything about that, wouldn’t you?"

The room was dead quiet as the majority of the class stared at her in disbelief, never had they seen or heard her speak so brutally even when they were destroying her things and rubbing her financial situation in her face. This was a side that scared them because now she was even more unpredictable.

Before Ginger could retort, Na-Ri continued harshly, "Batting your fake eyelashes, flipping your extensions over your shoulder, and spreading your legs for any boy richer than your parents even if it’s as clear as day that he’s not interested in you. Poor thing." Na-Ri smiled, patting the stunned Ginger’s shoulder before walking out of the classroom with a suffocating air around her was almost in the form of a demon visage.

...

When Na-Ri appeared, Jun-Pyo released a scoff, "Speak of the devil."

"What are you talking about?" Woo-Bin questioned, not looking up from his card game with Yi-Jung.

"I was right, wasn’t I? She came looking for me." The Don Juan and Casanova of the group looked up and were surprised at the sudden appearance of Young Na-Ri. Ji-Hoo instantly noticed the tension around her body as he looked up at her in almost a concerned manner.

"If you came to apologize, you’re too late." Jun-Pyo commented, not even looking at her.

"Why the would I do that?" Four pairs of astonished eyes locked on her eerily calm form.

"What did you say?" Jun-Pyo questioned her, completely taken aback by her vulgar words.


"Are you deaf? Why the would I apologize to someone like you? In your world does the victim apologize to the culprit?" She shouted, throwing a pile of flyers about her fake pregnancy at his sitting form. The other members of the F4 exchanged worried glances, she had never been this angry before so what rumor did Jun-Pyo spread this time to cause such a reaction?

"What did you say?" He repeated, heatedly, standing.

But Na-Ri was done talking, getting into position; her feet spread, stance firm, small hands balled into fists, and a look of determination and absolute fury set in stone on her face.

"You... What are you doing?" Jun-Pyo demanded, eyeing her with caution.

"I’m done playing this childish game with you." Was the only thing she said before executing a perfect roundhouse kick into his face, sending him crashing to the ground. Woo-Bin released a shocked but impressed laugh, Yi-Jung couldn’t help but to smirk, and Ji-Hoo stared at Mi-Ha with admiration. Jun-Pyo wiped his lower lip, only to see a faint smudge of blood on his finger tip.

"Did you see me sleeping around?! Did you even see me holding hands with a guy!? How dare you spread all those rumors! Out of all the crap you’ve pulled, this is the lowest thing you’ve ever done. If you keep doing these filthy tricks, I will kill you." Na-Ri gave him a piercing glare before leaving the room.

A few minutes later, she only had one thought in her head, "What the did I just do!?"

...

She could admit it, she was scared, correction, she was terrified to think of what Jun-Pyo was scheming in his curly head to get back at her with. Another public humiliation? Something worse than trashing her pool and spreading vile rumors? Going after her family’s businesses? She really hoped he wasn’t that low. She didn’t think she would be so furious to actually threaten his life and he had witnesses! What if she really did kill him and they rat her out?

 

Embarrassingly, she was sneaking around school grounds trying to either get a glance at Jun-Pyo and go the opposite direction or to get to class without running into any of the F4. She was pretty sure if Woo-Bin or Yi-Jung saw her, they would let Jun-Pyo know; Ji-Hoo on the other hand, she wasn’t sure about but she didn’t want to take any chances. She was so focused on her surveillance, she didn’t even noticed the four men in black until one of them spoke.

"Are you Miss Young Na-Ri?" She looked at them suspiciously before deciding to lie. They were definitely Jun-Pyo’s hitmen.

"No, I think she’s in the library." She replied, trying to smile to avoid suspicion.

But one of the man showed the supposed leader a picture and she deflated.

The leader sighed, "We need you to come with us for a while."

"What? Where to?" Na-Ri questioned, her back against the brick staircase wall, "I’m a little busy right now, can’t you come back later?"

"We have orders to take you with us, immediately." Na-Ri felt a shiver run down her spine, already knowing she wasn’t going to like where this was going.

"From who?"

She could tell him was getting annoyed from the tone of his voice and the exasperated look on his face, "you’ll know when you come with us."

"I’m sorry, I have to go to my part-time time. So, I’ll be leaving first. Sorry." Na-Ri took two steps backwards, eyeing the men warily.

"Miss Young Na-Ri, you have to come with us." He repeated.

Na-Ri stared at them for a moment before turning heel and taking off. She could hear their pounding footsteps. The chase continued for about half an hour and she was exhausted, thinking they had probably given up, she had foolishly let down her guard only to get snatched by the arms from behind and dragged to a black unmarked car.

"Let go! Are you trying to kidnap me!?" Na-Ri shouted as she was shoved into the backseat, a man in black flanked her on both sides.

“Please calm down, we’re not going to hurt you.”

“That’s what all hitmen, serial killers, and molesters say!”

"Ouch!" The one on the right shouted when she managed to punch him in the stomach enough to leave a bruise.

"This wouldn’t happen if you would leave me alone!" She shot back, elbowing the man on the left when he tried to reach for her again.

"Stop moving!" The one in the passenger seat shouted as the one on the right tried to hold her down again.

"Then let me out of here!" She retorted, kicking the back of the seat and trying to get out of the car when a white cloth filled her vision. She slapped the cloth-filled hand away from her and maneuvered her face away. She tried to reach for the door handle while shoving the man’s face out of her way. But the cloth was shoved onto her nose, loosing strength, she fell unconscious in seconds.

...

Lavender was the first thing that came to mind as she inhaled, it was then she noticed that her body was being touched and she instantly opened to eyes to see four women standing over her dressed in white uniforms, and not the nurse kind.

"There’s no need to do liposuction, right?" One questioned.

"There’s no fat, just muscles. There’ll be no effect even if you do it." Another answered.

"You’ve prepared the laser already, right?" A third inquired.

"We’ll have to wax her before that." The last advised.

What the hell is going on here, she thought and before she could voice her thoughts, one of them ripped the wax paper off her toned legs, causing her to release a surprised scream. The next thing Na-Ri knew - she was having her hair washed, conditioned, and styled into delicate curls around her shoulders, glittery yellow eyeshadow was being applied to her eyelids, her nails were French manicured with a simple design in white, and a pale pink lip-gloss was applied to make her full lips more pronounced.

Half an hour later, a stylist was holding dozen of dresses against her body - trying to find the perfect match when a two-colored sweetheart dress with black lace t along the bust caught her expert eyes. The dress was then paired with a cute pair of black ankle-strapped, rounded-toe pumps. Her accessories included a round-blue CZ pendant patistche necklace in silver with matching stud earrings and a matching crystal tapered cluster cuff-bracelet

Minutes later, Na-Ri was being led through what seemed to be an endless hallway; on her right and left were beautiful rooms decorated with dark-stained wood t, vibrant colors, extravagant fixtures, plush Persian rugs, and priceless furnishings. She was afraid to touch anything, everything was too beautiful to ruin with her finger marks. Even from her point of view in the hallway, she could see a vast landscape with a pond around the size of an Olympic po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter