Reverie

Reverie

 

Reverie

 

 

Amidst harsh reality, the grief that dripped off the edges of fading happiness, memories that changed sentimentally over time, Taemin closed his eyes for a while, forgetting everything for a few fleeting moments, conjuring a world in his mind.

 

The sand was wet yet warm below his feet, the ocean was calm and sparkling in the retreating sunlight. The scent of wet sand filled his senses, a little salty, a little floral. All he could hear was the sound of waves clashing with rocks somewhere a little far away, and the faint chirping of birds as they flew back home. He could see the land and skies as one, he could see stars rising in the bidding sunset. Seashells glistened in the remnant light, sandcastles withstood every tide. A cool breeze tousled his hair, and soft waves collided with his ankles, but he did not have to care. It was easy to smile, it was easy to forget, easy to just live in this fleeting, beautiful moment, easy to define his existence.

 

His eyes soon caught an anomaly, someone walking along the shore, jeans pulled up, and hands in pockets, dark hair untamed in the breeze, eyes peaceful as they travelled the view of the ocean.

 

Taemin could do nothing but stand and stare, watching him approach, basking handsomely in the faint gold beams.

 

He halted before him, a warmth in his deep, still eyes.

 

A loud, erratic sound interrupted the peace around him, his heartbeat.

 

It filled his ears, made his whole existence reverberate with a surge of emotions he could not comprehend.

 

But he did not have to.

 

He just answered with a smile of his own, his eyes meeting those deep, still ones with no more hesitation.

 

The breeze grew slightly stronger, making them flustered, making them avert their gazes and look towards the descending sunset.

 

The sky soon darkened and the stars reigned the skies wholly.

 

And that was when Taemin woke with a jerk, feeling warm and flustered, with a dream forgotten.


 


 

 

Amidst harsh reality, the grief that dripped off the edges of fading happiness, memories that changed sentimentally over time, Taemin collided with Minho.

 

There was something about Minho that Taemin couldn’t comprehend, something that stirred every bit of his existence.

 

Something that was so familiar, yet unknown.

 

And as time passed, Taemin lost himself in Minho’s eyes, deep and still, lost himself in his gentle words, in his warm hold, in his handsome smile.

 

One day, they both sat on the terrace, enjoying a little escapade from life, watching the sunset.

 

Minho entwined his fingers with Taemin’s, making him look at him.

 

Taemin was awestruck in that very moment, eyes unwavering from Minho who sat, basked in the retreating sunlight, wearing a warm, modest smile, glancing back at him with amorous eyes.

 

The erratic beat of his heart returned, erratic than it ever could have been and that was when Taemin finally realized what in Minho had stirred his everything.

 

Minho was like his forgotten dream, full of peace and warmth, like that beautiful and fleeting moments he had wished to remember.

 

And Taemin finally realized how fortunate he was, for he had finally found the world he always used to escape to, in reality.

 

In Minho.

 


 

End