[5]

Sometimes Love Just Isn't Enough

I stirred awake and fought to keep my eyes open, since they felt super heavy right after waking up. I glanced to the other side of the bed and saw that I was alone, again. Light was already shining into the room and I knew for sure that Yongguk had gotten up ages before. I sat up in bed, still feeling rather upset with Yongguk but shook the thought out of my head. 

 

Like always, the house was silent. Yongguk was either in his studio or not in the house altogether. I threw the blanket off and walked outside, tying my hair up on the way out.  The house was completely quiet and there seemed to be no signs of Yongguk. I walked by his work room and quietly peeked inside, only to find it empty. I entered the kitchen and was again greeted with silence. 

 

I walked back into the bedroom to look for my phone and called him. 

 

“Hey.” he answered shortly. 

 

“Hi, where are you?” I asked. “I woke up and didn’t see you.”

 

“I’m at the studio.” he answered, seemingly occupied with something else. “Didn’t want to wake you up.” 

 

“Oh…” I said softly, not sure what else to say. 

 

“I’m actually kind of busy right now.” he said quickly. “I’ll be home tonight.” 

 

Before I was able to say anything else, I heard the line die. I sighed a breath of frustration and tossed my phone back onto the bed before running a hand through my hair. He never listens to what I have to say and just hangs up the phone. I reached for my phone and contemplated. I sent Isaac a text message. 

 

After I’d done it, I felt my heart pick up in pace and I quickly tossed my phone back onto the bed. Almost immediately I heard my phone go off. I glanced down at the caller ID and almost choked. It was Isaac. I quickly grabbed my phone before letting my finger hover over the answer button. I cleared my throat and answered. 

 

“Hey.” I said lightly. 

 

“Hello.” I immediately knew that he was smiling. “Didn’t want to reply to your text. Wanted to hear your voice instead.” 

 

I felt my cheeks heat up and tried fighting the smile that was slowly pulling on my lip. 

 

“What are you doing? I thought you were busy today.” he said. 

 

“I thought I was too.” I sighed, sitting down on my bed. “But my husband bailed on our plans.” 

 

“Oh.” Isaac said, sounding surprised. As if not expecting me to be that frank with him, since I had never once spoken openly to him about Yongguk before. 

 

“So I was sort of lonely and texted you.” I said, as I absentmindedly fiddle with my wedding ring. 

 

I heard Isaac’s hearty chuckle and couldn’t help but smile with him. 

 

“How about we go out then?” he suggested. “Why wait for tomorrow?” 

 

“So we’re cancelling tomorrow and going today?” I asked. 

 

“We could go tomorrow as well.” he said quickly. “We could go everyday and make it a daily thing. I’d really like that.” 

 

I chuckled and shook my head. 

 

“Don’t be ridiculous.” I said, jokingly. “But sure, let’s meet today then.”

——————————- 

Stepping out of my car, I felt my stomach stir. I wasn’t sure if it was excitement or anxiety. Then again, I didn’t know why I was nervous about getting Isaac. As I walked towards the small cafe from the car park, I clasped my hands together, to get rid of the nerves. Feeling the wind against my cheek as I walked, I bit back a smile and entered the cafe. 

 

I stood momentarily at the door and observed, trying to see where Isaac was. Then a saw a figure stand up, waving at me. Isaac smiled and motioned me over to the table by the window. As I walked to the table, I saw that his hair was styled very casually. It was not overly done but not tousled; how Yongguk always had his hair. 

 

“Hi.” he said as I arrived at the table. “This is for you.” 

 

Before I had time to ask, he handed me a single rose with a smile. I stood there for a moment couldn’t feel my arms. I couldn’t muster the strength to reach out and grab it. I stood there contemplating on what to do. Finally, out of my trance, I reach out and grabbed the rose. 

 

“Isaac.” I smiled sheepishly. “That’s so sweet but you shouldn’t have.” 

 

Seeing my reaction, Isaac probably was able to sense the awkward aura of my unspoken marriage, his shoulders dropped. But quickly he smiled and looked up at me. 

 

“If you don’t like this, then just think of as a meeting gift.” he said lightly. “Don’t think too much of it.” 

 

“No, I love it.” I quickly said, not wanting to see him look so defeated. “Thank you, Isaac.” 

 

As we sat down and ordered coffee, we spoke about so many different topics but we soon found that photography and modelling was our common interest. As time flew by, we lost track of how long we’d been talking. Isaac’s eyes lit up in interest when I spoke about the makeup concepts that I had planned and the ones that I’d already done. Isaac then spoke about his modelling schedules and how much he enjoyed modelling.

 

“I also really like meeting people.” he clasped his hands together. “Working with different photographers and artists gives me an insight on all types of talents.”   

 

“Me too.” I smiled in agreement. “Different models need different makeup. Its a challenge but its fun.” 

 

“And I got to meet you.” he said. “Someone so talented. Someone beautiful.” 

 

I stared at Isaac and felt heat creep up my cheeks. I opened my mouth but nothing came out and I felt as if my mouth had gone dry. I fiddled with my fingers and went to crack my fingers absentmindedly, without much thought. Suddenly Isaac grabbed my hands. 

 

“Don’t crack your fingers.” he chuckled. “It’s bad for you.”

 

I sat there and continued to stare at Isaac. He kept surprising me, with every gesture, every word, making it impossible to compose myself. He then looked down at my hands running his thumb over my knuckle, observing them. 

 

“You’re just too nice, Isaac.” I chuckled, gently pulling my hands away. 

 

“I’m telling the truth.” he smiled. “Why? Don’t you believe me?” 

 

“Next topic.” I said 

 

Isaac laughed and nodded, taking a sip of his coffee. I looked at him, every small gesture, every small movement and felt something stir inside me. I wasn’t sure what it was but something shifted, something moved. I swallowed and looked away, having a sip of my own coffee. Just as I set the cup down, I felt my phone vibrate in my handbag. 

 

I reached into my bag and took it out, seeing that it was Yongguk. I snuck and glance at Isaac and saw him looking at me curiously. I smiled apologetically and answered. 

 

“Hey.” I answered softly.

 

“Hey, can you please come pick me up at the studio?” Yongguk said.

 

“What happened to your car?” I furrowed my brows. 

 

“My car died.” he sighed. “It’s not starting.” 

 

I sighed and sat there without saying anything, feeling strangely frustrated. 

 

“Fine, I’ll be there in ten minutes.” I said. 

 

“Thanks.”

 

I hang up, feeling irritated as I turned back to Isaac, seeing him look at me with worried eyes. I sighed and placed my phone back in my bag. 

 

“Everything okay?” he asked. 

 

“I’m sorry, Isaac.” I said. “I’m having a great time, but I really have to get going.” 

 

“Work?” Isaac bit his lip. 

 

I shook my head, standing up. 

 

“Husband.” I answered with a sigh.

“Let me walk you to your car.” he offered. 

 

I opened my mouth to refuse but seeing that I personally did want to enjoy his company for a little longer, I nodded my head in agreement. As we stepped outside, I immediately felt the temperature change; changing from the warm indoors to the windy and cold outdoors. 

 

Only taking a few steps, I felt something draped over my shoulders. Almost instantly, I smelt that familiar cologne that was so pleasant. I turned to see that Isaac had placed his jacket over my shoulders. I looked up at him and saw that he was smiling, like reassuring me that he was okay. 

 

“It’s cold, Isaac.” I said, indicating for him to take his jacket back. 

 

“I know it’s cold.” he said. “That’s why you need it.” 

 

Before I opened my mouth to say anything, I felt Isaac’s hand find mine as he held my hand and lead me across the road. I followed closely after him as we continued to walk towards the car park with my hand in his. The warmth momentarily distracting me from what was happening around me. When we got to my car, I removed his jacket from my shoulders and handed it to him. Isaac smiled and hung it over his arm. 

 

“Thanks, Isaac.” I smiled. “Thank you for today, thank you for your rose, thank you for your jacket.”

 

“You deserve all of it.” he answered. “Thank you for coming out to see me today. I really hope we can see each other again.” 

 

“Of course.” I nodded as I unlocked my car. “Bye.” 

 

He smiled and stepped back slightly, waving as I closed the door. I started the engine and looked over to Isaac again, sending him and small smile before pulling out of the parking lot. As his figure disappeared from my sight, I gripped onto my stirring wheel and heaved a sigh, not knowing how to feel. 

 

As I drove, I unconsciously let my mind wander to everything that had taken place. Every word, every gesture that wasn’t meant to leave such a deep impression. I turned into the parking lot of Yongguk’s studio and saw a figure, standing at the entrance door. The sun had just began to set, so the sky wasn’t bright enough to see the his face but from the frame alone, I knew that it was Yongguk. 

 

My car came to a halt and I saw Yongguk jog towards me then climb on. 

 

“Where’s your car?” I asked, noticing that his car wasn’t in sight. 

 

“They towed it to the garage to get it fixed.” he answered as he fastened his seatbelt. 

 

I nodded and began making my way home. 

 

“How many have I told you, Yongguk?” I furrowed my eyebrows. “You have to get your car checked regularly. This isn’t the first time.” 

 

“I’m too busy.” he sighed. 

 

“Did you know that I had to cut plans short with a friend, just to come pick you up?” my grip on the stirring wheel tightened. “How does that make me look?” 

 

“I’m sorry.” Yongguk said. 

 

“You never listen to me.” I shook my head. “How can you be so careless?” 

 

“I’m sorry.” he said again. 

 

I sighed and knew that I wasn’t going to get anything else from him besides an apology, so I stopped speaking. You’d expect for someone to come up with an explanation or some sort of reasoning but not Yongguk. He’d only apologize, nothing else. Turning my attention back to the road, I clenched my jaw to prevent saying another word and end up sounding whiney.  

 

I turned into the driveway of our home and stepped out of the car first, made my way to the door and unlocked it, not waiting for Yongguk. I stepped into the house and hastily kicked my heels off, then bent down to put them on the shoe rack before walking further into the house. As I passed the kitchen, I reached into my bag for Isaac’s rose and placed it on the countertop. 

 

“Can you drive me to the garage tomorrow to pick up my car?” I heard Yongguk call behind me. 

 

“We’ll talk about it tomorrow.” I called back, feeling frustrated at just the mere sound of his voice. 

 

Not having much of an appetite, I went into the bathroom for a quick shower. After I finished, I grabbed my work folder and went into me and Yongguk’s shared workroom. Opening the door, surely, Yongguk was already there with his laptop open and headphones on. I went to sit at my desk and began sorting out my work, occasionally seeing Yongguk move around from the corner of my eye. 

 

After a while, I saw Yongguk roll his chair next me, tapping my shoulder slightly. 

 

“I’m going to eat, do you want anything?” he asked. 

 

I glanced at my desk clock and saw that it was nearly eleven at night.  Seeing it was almost time for bed and not having much of an appetite, I shook my head and declined. Yongguk simply nodded and rolled his chair back to his deck before getting up to leave the room. 

 

Working on the papers only for another short while, I cleaned up and left the room to get ready for bed. I settled into bed at around midnight, checking my phone, I found that Isaac had sent me a text. 

 

‘Hope you had a good time. Goodnight.’ 

 

I bit back a growing smile and continued staring at the text, rereading it even though there were only those words. I heard Yongguk’s footsteps past the room and I quickly hid my phone under the blanket. When those footsteps were further away, I brought my phone back out and that was when it hit me. Why did I have the urge to hide these from Yongguk? They were merely goodnight texts from a friend, then why did I have the strange feeling that they were something else? I sighed, setting my phone aside and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep with a heavy heart.

 

——————————- 

A/N: 

Hi all! Sorry for such a delay, hopefully you haven't all forgotten me... I've had a lot of things go on and at one point I had no motivation to write anything. BAP went through 2 comebacks and Yongguk got 2 new tattoos during my hiatus! How crazy is that? I had the chance to go see their Awake tour in LA and Yongguk was beautiful. My beautiful husband. ANYWAY this chapter is EXTRA long to make up for my hiatus. My chapters are usually 1k-ish words, this one's like 2k+ words. 

 

PS; this story is very in favour of Isaac, I've come to realize and the OC is really mean to Yongguk, are you guys okay with a fic like this? Right now I feel like Yongguk's a very minor character (Oops, sorry), SO I have a thought that I should post another Yongguk-focused fic, as well as updating this one. Because maybe, you guys feel that this fic doesn't give you enough Yongguk? Let me know and I will do accordingly.

 

Thank you again all, for your support. Please continue to comment, because they actually make me so happy to know what yall are thinking. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

 

Be safe, guys. 

 

Much love, leaderyg xx