[4]

Sometimes Love Just Isn't Enough

 

 

A/N: Just a heads up, this chapter does have a bit of affection ;) (if you know what I mean) but nothing too explicit so... yeah. ENJOY

 

——————————- 

“Yongguk?” I called softly as I walked into the house, kicking off my heels.

 

I didn’t hear a reply and frowned, since the lights were on, he had to be home. I made my way further into the house and saw that Yongguk was sitting at the dinner table with his laptop in front of him and his headphones were on. I made my way over to him and gently rested my hand on his firm shoulders, trying my best not to startle him. 

 

“Hey, you’re back.” he said, taking off his headphones.

 

“Yeah.” I said, bending down slightly to give him a quick kiss.

 

Yongguk planted a kiss on my lips before turning back to his laptop. He wasn’t ignoring me, I knew that, it was just the way he was. He was waiting to listen to me talk about my day. I pulled out a chair and sat down next to him, putting my handbag on the table. 

 

“Are you working tomorrow?” I asked, unlocking my phone. 

 

“Nope.” he said, his voice low. 

 

“I finished my last set of photos today, so I’m free tomorrow as well.” I said, letting my eyes drift to Yongguk’s fingers and the ring on his left hand. “I was thinking we could go out.” 

 

“Where?” 

 

“I was thinking maybe we could get you some new clothes.” I said, while replying to one of Yubin’s texts. “Get you some smart casual clothes, because you don’t have much of it.” 

 

I saw in the corner of my eyes that Yongguk’s fingers stopped working and he turned to me. I placed my phone down on the table and looked at him. He chuckled softly and flashed his gums. 

 

“Why? What for?” he asked softly. “Do you have a function at work or something? One that I have to be at.” 

 

“No.” I shook my head. “It’s nice to change things up every once in a while, I think.” 

 

I heard Yongguk chuckled again and turn back to his laptop. 

 

“You know those styles don’t suit me.” he said.

 

I almost sighed, because he’s told me that so many times already and it almost annoyed me. Why was he being so stubborn? Seeing Isaac today with such nice style, I realized that I really liked it and I'd like for Yongguk to dress similarly. I sighed quietly and picked up my phone again, scrolling through my emails. 

 

“So you don’t wanna go?” I asked. 

 

“I don’t mind.” he said.

 

I silently got up and grabbed my bag off the table. I walked towards our bedroom and opened the door, I sighed, frustrated when I saw Yongguk’s clothes scattered across the bed and his socks lying on the ground one on either side of the room. I dropped my bag onto the bed and picked Yongguk’s sweater up. Laying it on my lap, as I sat on the bed, I fold it, then moved onto his ripped jeans. After that, I got up and retrieved each of his socks and made my way into our bathroom to toss them into the dirty laundry basket. 

 

I then made my way out to the dinner table and approached Yongguk. 

 

“Yongguk, please, next time can you please clean up after yourself?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest. “You left your clothes scattered around the room again.” 

 

Yongguk looked up at me from his laptop and furrowed his brows, he then reached up to remove his headphones and set them on the table. 

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked. “What did you say?” 

 

“Clean up after yourself.” I said lowly. “Your clothes were everywhere.” 

 

“Oh.” he said, in realization. “Okay, sorry. I won’t forget next time.” 

 

I didn't say anything and just turned around to walk back. I knew, that he wouldn’t do it next time. It was his habit, he’d forget again. It was alright, I told myself, I was used to cleaning up after Yongguk. 

——————————-

I sat in bed with my legs crossed and was texting Yubin. She had been seeing someone she met at her local gym. Being the amazing friend that I was, I was replying to her texts during her dates. She regularly gave me updates during the dates and when she mentioned she was ‘heading back to his place’, without replying to my message, I had a pretty rough idea as to what she meant. 

 

I chuckled and dropped my phone onto the bed, stretching my arms. I jumped off the bed and made my way to the dinner table. As I passed my dresser mirror, I stopped momentarily and fixed my hair before walking away. I saw Yongguk still at the table, working. Seeing that he’d been there for hours, I figured he should get some rest. I tiptoed towards him from behind and gently wrapped my arms around his neck. 

 

I felt him jump slightly and before he did anything, I gently went to remove his headphones and reached forward to set them on the table. I locked my hands together in front of his chest and kissed the back of his neck. I felt his hand clasp onto mine, in front of his chest as he exhaled a silent breath.

 

“Are you tired?” I said softly, purposely bringing my lips closer to his ear. “Do you wanna head to bed?”

 

I rested my chin on his shoulder and felt him turn his head to the side to face me. Seeing his face so close like that let me see how tired he looked. His eyes were no longer shimmering, the way I remembered but were rather dull with tiredness. The circles under his eyes were dark, looking bigger than I remembered. He leaned closer and kissed my lips softly, I felt him let go of my hands in front of his chest and reached it up to cup my face. He kept our lips attached, kissing me silently, as I slowly unwound my arms in front of his chest and moved from behind him to settle onto his lap. 

 

With me in front of him, on his lap, Yongguk rested a hand on my back and brought my body closer as I pressed my lips harder against his. My arms rested on his shoulders, hands tangling into his dark hair as I felt Yongguk’s teeth graze my sensitive lip. I moved from his lip softly and planted kisses along his jawline. I could feel Yongguk gripping onto the back of my shirt and grinned against his skin. 

 

“You wanna head to bed?” I asked, pulling away to face him. 

 

Yongguk nodded and I felt him slip his hand behind my knee and swiftly scooped me into his arms. I squealed softly and wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my head against his chest. I tried biting back the smile pulling on my lips. 

 

Coming into the dark bedroom, Yongguk placed me onto the bed softly and lowered himself, towering over me. I gripped onto the collar of his t-shirt and pulled him closer, grazing my lips against his purposely without kissing him. I felt Yongguk’s fingers run along my thigh, when suddenly felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. 

 

Quickly, Yongguk jumped off of me and sat on the edge of the bed, digging his pocket for his phone. I sighed softly and sat up, leaning against the wall. I pulled my knees up to my chest and watched Yongguk’s back against me as he answered the phone. 

 

“Okay, I’ll be there in twenty minutes.” he said lowly before hanging up. 

 

He turned to me before leaning forward, pecking my lips quickly. 

 

“I gotta head to the studio.” he said softly. “I’m sorry.” 

 

“But it’s almost midnight.” I sighed. “Can’t you wait until tomorrow?” 

 

“Himchan wants to show me something, he’s already there, I can’t just tell him to go home.” Yongguk said, getting up from the bed and opening the closet for something to wear. 

 

I watched him get dressed silently and didn’t reply. I felt a strange sense of rejection gnaw at my chest and tried my hardest not to get angry at him. With that, all that heat in my body had dampened and I felt nothing more than a sinking feeling. When he was finished, Yongguk turned to me and waved. 

 

“I don’t know when I’ll be back, so don’t wait up, okay?” he said. “Get some sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” 

 

Without another word, or even hearing my reply, Yongguk walked out of the bedroom and I soon heard the front door close. I sat there in bed, knees up to my chest, engulfed in then silence as I stared at the wall blankly. I’ve always wanted to be that understanding wife, knowing that music was my husband’s passion but it had become so difficult. With no set working time, we were becoming less compatible and seeing each other became something almost impossible. 

 

I sighed in frustration and lay down in bed, pulling the blanket over my body, feeling somewhat defeated. 

——————————- 

I opened my eyes when I heard the front door close and heard some ruffling out the front. I felt blindly around the bed to check the time; it was three thirty in the morning. The room was completely dark and I squinted at my bright phone screen. I dropped my phone and shifted in bed, hugging the blanket tighter against myself and  closed my eyes.

 

I opened my eyes again when I heard Yongguk walk into the bedroom. He must have assumed that I was sleeping, because he paid me no attention, only turned his back towards me and shrugged off his jacket. After he had changed, he walked over to his side of the bed and climbed on. He shifted into his usual comfortable position, which was to his right, with his back to me. Still feeling quite affectionate, I turned to face his back and s an arm around his waist. 

 

“How was it?” I whispered, kissing his back. 

 

“I thought you were sleeping.” Yongguk said, turning to face me. 

 

“I was.” I nodded, looking at his face through the dark. “But you woke me up.” 

 

“I’m sorry.” he murmured. 

 

I hummed softly and propped myself up onto one elbow, before lowering my lips onto his. Yongguk responded with a quick peck but then pulled away. I moved my lips to his neck and placed soft kisses onto his skin. My hand on his waist gripped onto his shirt tightly, silently urging him to return my affection. I then felt his hand clasp over mine, gently prying my grip from his shirt. 

 

“I’m really tired.” he whispered, sound almost apologetic. “Not tonight.” 

 

I slowly pulled away and was thankful for the dark, because he couldn’t see the look of disbelief or rejection on my face. He leaned in and kissed my forehead before turning back to his side of the bed, with his back facing me. 

 

“Goodnight.” he said. 

 

I didn't reply and turned to my side of the bed, staying like that for the rest of the night.